2400 London Road, Duluth, Minnesota, 55812, United States

CheapTickets.com Official Hotel Hotels.com

• YOUR BETTER OFF DEAD THAN STAYING HERE!!!

To begin my story... the first issue we had occurred on our first night staying here. I stayed at this hotel with my entire family in October 2012. WE ordered at the little restaurant next to the pool area a pizza and some chicken tenders. After my children consumed part of the chicken I realized that it was RAW on the inside. When i went back down the 1/2 mile walk to the little cafe I was told the manager would see me. Over an hour had passed when I finally went to the front desk and asked for the manager. He detailed that the staff was new and not properly trained on the food preparation. My children were sick for two days!!!! Then when we were feeling better we decided to take the shuttle down to canal park to shop and take in the sights. After calling for the shuttle to return we waited for 2 hours for someone to return. They informed me they had a mix up at the bank and that is what took them long. The customer service sucked, no one told us what was going on, why we had to wait etc. I would recommend staying anywhere else but here even if you have to sleep outside.

Unique Quality: Cool waterpark. Looked well kept. Staff was young and inexperienced when it came to customers.

• The WORST HOTEL AND STAFF EVER!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER go there!!!!!My kids got chenical burns from the pool.Some kid puked in the hot tub no one cleaned it.The rooms and bedding were filthy ,food every where.The staff was Very rude and wouldnt fix anything or help.We had no hot water to take a shower!!!!

• edgewater extradonaire

Unique Quality: We stayed at the Edge on 7-8-07. The price was very comparable to a similar room in other hotels without a waterpark. My young son had a blast in the waterpark, very well run with a great staff. They also offer free bike use to use up to 3 hours on the bike/running trail along Lake Superiors' shore, that was really great. All in all a 10.

• skib's Profile Photo

Good Deal - Great for Kids

The Best Western Edgewater has always been a good deal in Duluth. Away from the tourist attractions in Canal Park, the Edgewater is located in the Congdon neighborhood. It's near multiple fast food resturants, Perkins, and right across from the best resturant in Duluth, Blackwoods! It's also near Glensheen Mansion which is right down the road. If you have children this is the perfect hotel for you as they are just remodeling to include a water park. If you don't have kids, this hotel may be a little to loud/wild for you!

Unique Quality: Waterpark, on Duluth's senic boardwalk.

Directions: Congdon

More about Edgewater Resort and Waterpark

Bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member susitamarie

Aug. 11,2006 Best Western Edgewater Duluth
I phoned the motel and explained that my daughter was having surgery on her foot and requested bottom floor. The guy that took our reservation said that wouldnt be a problem. Well we checked into out room and wouldnt you know. We were on the 3rd floor and no elevator. The lady at the desk was well sorry about that. Like nothing she could do about that. It was blue grass festival wk. It was the way she said it too. Like to bad.
The blow drier didnt work and they never came to look at it. The shuttle was to pick us up at 6:30 he was late for that because he had to fill the milk machine he said. Plus all the ice machines were out of order and we needed it to ice my daughters foot. Just a bad experince for us. To top it off they were painting the rail so my daughter had a hard time trying to get up and down the stairs. My husband had to carry her which he had a cracked rib.

Only for families

by TripAdvisor Member mitchmurr

It has a family waterpark so the hotel is filled with kids running around and making noise. If you're bringing the family for the fun then it seems like a good place. If you're looking for a place to stay without much noise, go somewhere else. Rooms are okay. Breakfast room is crazy and messy with all the kids going around. Three ring circus like.

Loved the Water Park Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member canukbajan

We just returned from a 2 night stay with our 2 year old and 5 year old. We all had a fantastic time. THe water park is wonderfull not just for kids but adults too. The line up for the slides were not long at all the wait was less them 5 min. at the busy times. The breakfast is great with plenty to choose from. Our room was good although the rooms beside ours were being renovated so I asume our was one of the old rooms. But the price of $99.00 which includes 4 tickets to the waterpark is definetly worth it. We will be back in the summer for 3 or 4 nights this time. The only draw back was when I was booking this room every time I called I got a different price for the same room. Also people I also spoke to had the same problem.

I don't think so

by TripAdvisor Member harleytravels

Family of four (10yr & 16 yr kids) stayed here on a Sunday night in March. Pool area nice and inviting but really designed for young kids. Not enough places for tables and chairs on the main pool deck area. Many chairs and table available up the stairs on the platform hanging over the pool areas but many families with younger kids didn't want to be that far away from the kids. Staff need some customer service training. Eveyone from the front desk to the housekeepers to the lifeguards. SMILEs speak loud! The hallways were cluttered and the walls were lined with housekeeping carts and "bags" for linens etc. Hard to get around in this hotel as they have the old part of the hotel and then tried to build onto it with a new section, the elevators do not go to all floors - very confusing. It was difficult getting around with the luggage rack and comments about getting around and thel elevators were the common conversation while riding in the elevator. The breakfast had plenty to choose from but was a ZOO, it was messy and loud. The thermostat in our room did not work properly - room was about 78all night and we had it set and 70 - we were in one of the old rooms that looked out over the indoor waterpark (end floor). We MIGHT TRY IT AGAIN SOMETIME but really too busy for the size and unorganized systems and layout and unfriendly staff - MAYBE Not.
WI DELLS much better planned - but more money!

Worst Hotel ever, stay away!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member minnesotaman

I don't know where to start there is nothing good to say about this hotel. I stayed there on April 21 and 22 2006. First of all Best western has two locations for this hotel. What I call one would be an homeless shelter and the other a hotel. So we stayed in the homless shelter this hotel is 1 BLOCK away from the lobby and on the other side of a busy road. The other location is connected to the waterpark and those rooms go for 180-220 a night. Ok now the room when we called we made reservations for a non-smoking 1 king size bed room. We had called and got a hospital stay rate due to a very sick grandparent. So we walked into the room and what did we have 2 double beds in our room. So we went to the front desk and let me remind you 1 BLOCK AWAY and asked for a king size bed. They stated that they did not have a king size room and that they could give us wrist bands to the waterpark or drink tickets. We were not there to go to a waterpark and just wanted our king size bed so we could go to sleep. We went back to the room and called the manager the front dest told us they were busy with guests and he would call us back later. 2 HOURS LATER he called us back and I told him the problem he said we would work his magic and then call me back. He called me back 20 minutes later and said no more rooms were avalilable and thet if there was anything he could do to let him know. Next day we got switched to a new room we got in the new room and turned on the A/C blew very little called the front desk they sent a tech down to look at it. He came out and looked at the AC he said he thinks he fixed it but if it was not cool to open the window. Next problem I was in the shower and went to move the showerhead and it fell of water started spraying all over the bathroom. AVOID THIS HOTEL SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Good Deal - OK Stay

by TripAdvisor Member guidee

One night stay, last weekend of April. In town for daughter's volleyball tournament (Whole team stayed here). At check-in, I would have ended up paying a total of 150.00>Breakdown: Team rate of 75.00 + 5 waterpark passes @ 15.00 each = 150.00 + tax. The employee at counter paused, then offered me a promotional rate of 79.00 that included 4- H20 passes plus 1 additional pass @ 15.00 = 94.00 + tax. Good Deal! Stayed @ building across the road. Room w/2 beds smelled clean, looked decent but did have a bathtub drain stopper not function, refridge in-room stopped working during the night? (Soggy leftover pizza!) But with the deal savings and for staying only one night I could live with it. Waterpark geared more for younger-smaller kids but we did utillize and have fun in the outdoor heated pool and hottub even though the windchill was around 40'F. Indoor pool and hottub in our building w/continental brkfst. Ask for a good deal and enjoy the waters!

At least they gave us a break on the rate

We stayed at this hotel on a Thursday night, so the rates were lower--about $80 a night. The waterpark is great for younger kids, about 3-7 I'd say. The room was less exciting. The waterpark is a newer building connected to an older hotel by a walkway. First of all, many of the rooms require you to walk outside to get to the pool. This is Duluth, mind you, so when the temp. is only 40 degrees outside, that means either bundling up in your swimsuit or running to the nearest entrance. The heater in our room also made a rather depressing sound when turned on--the fan motor was pretty much shot. The front desk supplied us with a space heater and cut our room rate, but the maintenance was obviously not as good as could be. Overall, we would consider going back, but would definitely give the room a good inspection on checkin.

Visiting Duluth with Children

by tigerlille

Hi, I was born in Duluth 54 years ago. My family moved to Indiana when I was almost 3, but we visited while I was a child, and now I feel a yen to visit with my nine year old daughter and niece. I am disabled by arthritis. Any suggestions about things my girls can do with out crippling me? Any suggestions about kid friendly -places to stay? We would like to come in summer when the raspberries are ripe. My mother went into labor with me while she was making raspberry jelly, and I have always loved the exquisite berries, and now my girls do too. Our income is moderate. I would so appreciate advice and suggestions! Thank you, Tigerlille PS I am a single parent,

Re: Visiting Duluth with Children

by minnesotarob

Hi-
Here are a few suggesions:

Great Lakes Aquarium
(218) 740-3474 - 353 Harbor Dr, Duluth, MN

The Glensheen Mansion is very interesting.(218) 728-3601

Edgewater Duluth is a great place to stay with kids - they have an indoor waterpark
2400 London Rd, Duluth, MN
Get Directions
www.duluthwaterpark.com

And of course a drive up scenic 61 north of Duluth along Lake Superior is a must. Stop off at some the parks for some great waterfalls!
Hope this helps - Rob