Grand Portage Lodge and Casino

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 140 reviews

Hiking and Walking Photography Backpacking
See Amenities

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2011

The restaurant is infested with swarms of flies, I ordered Steak (medium) and lobster which includes Soup and Salad Bar. I walked over to the salad bar and was swarmed by about 50 flies, other customers were complaining, and the Manager's solution was to shutdown the Soup and Salad bar while stating that there's nothing they can do about the flies. The food was terrible, the steak was about a quarter inch thick and burnt black, the lobster was small, shrivled-up, and dry. I complained to the Waitress and she said she was sorry, I then complained to the Manager and his response was that he could see a little pink in the steak, he did nothing to improve the situation. I can imagine the fly infestation is in the kitchen as well. We were going to patronize the casino and possibly stay at the hotel but we were so disgusted we just left.

Directions: Grand Portage Area is beautiful.

Nearby Grand Portage Lodge and Casino

Grand Portage Lodge and Casino

• Grand Portage Hotel Grand Portage

Address: 113 Third Ave S, Grand Portage, Minnesota, 55401, United States

Amenities at Grand Portage Lodge and Casino

• Free Parking

Grand Portage Travel Forum

Need advice about Grand Portage, Minnesota? Visit the Travel Forum for Grand Portage and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Grand Portage