County Rd 5, Lutsen, Minnesota, 55612, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Lutsen

Chillin'Chillin'

Lake SuperiorLake Superior

Just getting my picture taken by the horses...Just getting my picture taken by the horses...

Susan by the RiverSusan by the River

Travel Tips for Lutsen

Lutsen in the Summertime

by SUSAMY

Lutsen Rocks. It's close enough to the Twin Cities that you don't have to drive too long to get there... but far enough away that nobody can call you on your cell phone. It's a great place to ski - but also a great summer get away too.

Lutsen Minnesota - Great in the summer too!

by SUSAMY

"Lutsen has great hiking!"

Lutsen is just a cool place to spend a few days, in the winter or in the summer. There is good hiking all around. You can take the chairlift up to the top of the mountain and hike around up there. Don't forget water! (We did, and we were thirsty!)

"The River Runs Through It"

If you just follow the trail from the lodge to the river, you have a really good chance of seeing a grouse or a deer.

"Horse Back Riding"

You can even ride horses on the slopes! Lutsen is a great midwest ski resort in the winter... but it also has a lot going on in the summer too!

Saunas and Lakes and Bob, oh my!

by mrdarius

My sister, Ellen and I visited our friend Sarah in Duluth, Minnesota (2 hours north of St. Paul) for about a week. Sarah's uncle Bob own a place on a lake up in Lutsen, which is 2 hours north from Duluth.

The weather was actually kinda chilly while we were there, so we didn't do too much swimming, but we had a blast. With a sauna, a rowboat and a bonfire, we managed to have tons of fun.

Bob arrived shortly after we did and helped grill some killer steaks. Bob is one of those people who are an endless stream of information (useful and sometimes useless). This made the trip more interesting (at least for me), in that we got to learn all about the houses and history of the lake during an hour tour. I also got to engage Bob in a deep conversation about religion.

Lutsen was a great break from my summer in the city of Boston. Hope to go again some time and to get some pictures up here someday (didn't have my camera on the trip, but maybe Vaiva, Sarah or Ellen have some scanned).

Comments