Econo Lodge - Minneapolis

Sample Room bar/diningSample Room bar/dining

Minnehaha FallsMinnehaha Falls

Currency Exchange

by Bwent26

Any one have any idea of where to have currency exchanged with reasonable rates? I wont be able to use the currency exchange places in the airport since they typically wont carry the currency I'm looking for (I'm headed to the middle east). I heard that the Wells Fargo downtown is a good place to go but since I'm not a customer not sure if they will be all that reasonable.

Thanks .

by jonellis

Get a Debit card from your bank tied to your checking account and go to an ATM when you arrive in the Middle East. It is the best and cheapest way to go. Forget travelers checks and money exchange. Use the ATM everywhere. Do not use the debit card for restaurants or lodging. Use a credit card or cash you get from the ATM. Only use debit card for ATM cash. My banks ( I have 2 debit cards) only charge a 1% exchange fee, and they get the best rate of exchange possible. ATMs are everywhere......

by Bwent26

Thanks so much. I should check with my bank and see what they will charge when I use my debit card.

by lkdahl

You might want to call ahead to Wells Fargo to see if they have the currency you are looking for or if they could order it in. I've bought European currencies there before not sure what they carry. Probably will only carry currencies that are in high demand. I don't think you have to be a Wells customer since they charge a pretty hefty fee.

I agree with the previous poster about using the ATM's. You'll get the best exchange rates and won't have to carry large amounts of cash with you. I always bring some USD just in case of emergencies. And some developing countries, USD and/or EURO's might be more preferable than the local currency.

Travel Tips for Minneapolis

You absolutely must visit the...

by melissamn1

You absolutely must visit the Mall of America. I must admit it has every store that probably you all have seen but, the mall is so big it's just something you gotta see. The nice thing about it is that all the stores are in one place. Fondest memories have to be going up North every year during the Fall season. It's breath taking seeing all the tree's changing their colors while bouncing off the lakes creating a great picture. This picture is of Split Rock on Superior Lake. You can take a tour of how the people lived and took care of the light house.

Pillsbury Hall on Pillsbury Drive

by shrimp56

Before you start thinking cookies and biscuits -- think former governor of Minnesota.

Birds & water everywhere

by shrimp56

I understand the water part, after all it's soothing, refreshing and reflect the great Mississippi that flows through the city -- but here the water flows DOWN in the fountains as well as up [IDS Crystal Court/Gaviidae Common] -- and I suppose I understand the bird part -- the state bird is the Great Northern Diver Loon -- but there's LOTS of both inside and outside on Nicollet Mall! And in the case of the photo-collage here -- TOGETHER:)

T-Wolves and KG the best player on the planet

by lkdahl

The Minnesota Timberwolves are one of the best teams right now in the NBA. Kevin Garnett is the reigning MVP of the NBA and has a talented all star team to back him up. Home games are played in Downtown Minneapolis at the Target Center.

Nicknames for Kevin Garnett:
KG
Da Kid(used when he first came into the league)
The BIG Ticket

Minnesota Parking Sign

by mcpangie

I flew into the Twin Cities so that I could drive to a small town for a family reunion about 100 miles outside of Minneapolis in farm country. The town isn't in VT, it's pretty small. But, I'd still suggest driving around the countryside in Minnesota, it's beautiful.

This sign helped family realize that they'd found the right place. There was a huge population of Norwegian immigrants in the late 1800's when my great, great grandparents left Norway and homesteaded in Minnesota.

It was a year or two later that I found the sign in Mall of America to actually buy it for my mother so my dad wouldn't steal her parking place.

Comments