1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55403, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• SF_Grrl's Profile Photo

A solid company in a good location

I never stayed in a room at this Hyatt however I have no doubt they're top notch - all Hyatt's are.

But I used to go to this Hyatt because it was very close to where I lived and it has an awesome sports bar in it. I would have to say that Spike's Sports Bar is probably one of the best in Minneapolis altogether outside of the U of M area. It's HUGE with a HUGE TV screen and many other smaller ones.

The lobby is a great place just to hang out and people watch.

I see that Manny's Steakhouse has moved in to the Hyatt - it used to be at a different non hotel location in DT Mpls. This is one of the top rated steakhouse in the USA. It's a winner.

They now have a seafood restaurant as well which I'm sure I would have checked out being I love seafood.

Hey it's a Hyatt - the name speaks for it's self.

Unique Quality: All Hyatt's are excellent hotels.

Manny's Steakhouse - top rated in all of USA

Spikes Sportsbar - HUGE screen TV, very good sports bar, large, casual good food i.e. burgers, wings, free popcorn.

The rate quote is their rack rate. No doubt discounts abound on the net someplace.

Directions: 13th and LaSalle which is the southern point of the Nicolett Mall.

• Faracy's Profile Photo

Downtown, good people watching in the lobby

I´ve never stayed here, but my senior Prom was here, and my husband worked security here for two years, I know it pretty well.
    Its a pretty high end hotel, room are around 100 dollars, some more. It is home to several of Minneapolis´ most exclusive restaurants, Manny´s Steak House, and the Oceanaire Seafood Restaurant to name two.
    Its a great place to sit and watch people in the lobby, many celebrities of all letters of the alphabet wander through. My husband got to see DOLLY PARTON!!!! not to mention the lead singer from Cheap Trick and many many others. This is where people from conventions tend to stay, and it is also home to many odd conventions such as Creative Memory, and some Evangelical organizations.
    It has good views, and a pool. Its also very close to the bus, and near many restaurants, not to mention its right smack downtown.

Unique Quality: Across from Ichiban, (Japanese steak house) and walking distance to Orchestra Hall and the Convention Center.

Directions: Nicollet Mall

More about Hyatt Regency Minneapolis

Highly Recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member joejohnson

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis was fantastic. Fast and friendly service, clean and comfortable rooms (including the awesome "Grand Bed"... which was heaven).

The location is very convenient and perfectly placed on Nicollet Mall. Restaurants, shopping and nightlife are close and safe to walk. The health club is another amenity that is wonderful. Although there is a charge for the club, it's worth it!! State of the art equipment, friendly staff and very clean. Indoor basketball court, raquetball court and pool.

Lastly, Spike's Sports Bar offers great food and service. Overall, this hotel is highly recommended.

Great Hotel and Location

by TripAdvisor Member erik282

I just returned from a weekend business stay in Minneapolis where I stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. Upon arrival from the airport, I was greatly impressed with the hotel, which had very convenient access from the airport via freeway, and great parking lot signage for parking my rental car. Check in was very easy, especially since you can check in via kiosk, which took less than 60 seconds. My room was great, and had a remarkable view of downtown Minneapolis. I was able to see the whole skyline, and the hotel is near Target's corporate headquarters, which lights up a night and changes colors every 30 seconds. The room had a nice, new bed with a white down comforter and plush sheets. The bathroom had a seperate foyer area for the sink that was seperate from the stall and shower.
I was very happy with the hotel's public space and restaurants. I dined at Manny's Steakhouse in the hotel on Saturday night and the food was phenomenal. The hotel is also within walking distance to many restaurants as well, as I visited a great English Pub and Irish bar during my stay.
I would greatly recommend this hotel as the rooms looked very new and comfortable, and the location is one of the most convenient I have ever stayed at for a business trip.

Roaches yuck!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member msblue

I stayed here a couple of years ago (not sure of the date) to attend a function being held at the hotel. It was 11pm by the time I returned to my room and was shocked to find roaches climbing up the bedroom wall and in the bathroom. Luckily I live only 30 minutes from downtown, so I packed up and left.

The hotel was apologetic and did not charge me for my 6 hour stay. I also noticed men with industrial bug spraying equipment coming down the hall on my floor as I was leaving so the hotel was aware of the infestation.

These bugs are hard to get rid of and I wouldn't venture another try at this hotel. Althought it is located downtown, it is not very close to the best restaurants or other venues.

Horrible! Hyatt please burn this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jperezsf

The rate was normal for a Hyatt hotel, however, this particular property should only charge $39.95 a night. The first thing I noticed was that the lobby is cold and empty. Front desk staff were nice enough despite the fact that I am greeted by a line of kiosks basically screaming at me "hey! don't talk to a live person, we want to make you feel like you are at the airport" they seemed like a warzone barrier between me and a human who could give me my room key.

The Elevators doors obviously were vandalised at some point by kids and the hotel hasn't fixed/replaced them. The elevator had lights burned out. The elevators had significant wear on them.

What I found the most disappointing was the hallways. It looked like the streets of New Orleans after Mardi Gras (I'm talking, mid-Katrina) papers, unpicked up dishes, bits of trash here and there and then here and there again, visible stains.

Don't stay here until they do a complete redo or burn it down.

Highly recommend it!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt. They have several great restaurants in the hotel to choose from with a wide variety of food choices including a great sports bar and Manny's - the world's best steak!! Their health club is top notch and the new beds are fantastic. Great location on Nicollet Mall and the staff was very friendly. Their new kiosks make checking in and out very convenient and had an added bonus of allowing me to print my boarding pass on the way out.

Not as bas as I feared

by TripAdvisor Member SavethePandas

I stayed here one night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be after reading all these reviews. Yes, it was a bit worn (towels not very plush) and a tad less than clean - but the beds seemed new and no sign of roaches! So that was a positive.
I got this room through Priceline for pretty cheap so I would stay there again for what I paid.

Don't Look Too Closely...

Mold and mildew on the shower curtain, tile grout and caulking in the bathroom. I had a candy wrapper that I threw in the trash the first night I was there, it then spent the rest of my stay in the corner of my bathroom floor because I refused to pick it up and put it back in the trash where I put it in the first place!! Bend over and grab a bleach bottle!!!

A total dump. Call the demolition crew NOW

by TripAdvisor Member DorothyChicago

This review is for the Hyatt Hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Let's see. We'll start with the parking. The ramp, which belongs to the Hyatt, is labled for another building. I pressed the Help button which was answered by someone who doesn't speak English (or any modern language, it appeared) and after a few pitiful exchanges, he began screaming at me and then swearing in perfect English. I parked, walked forever to reach the front desk, and they told me that yes it is their lot, that yes, lots of people have problems with the signage, and no, they had never thought to correct this problem.

The check-in process took forever: even though there was no one in front of me, I had to wait several minutes for the clerk to get off the phone from her boyfriend or paid escort for the evening. That settled (their impending tryst), she regarded the check-in process as just so much unnecessary, useless, and impossible crap. She "accidently" logged off twice during this process (one person, one night, one room, one torture rack with her name on it).

The room, billed as non-smoking, reeked of smoke. I guess as long as I wasn't smoking, it was "non-smoking." The bizarre layout -- 2 beds crammed into enough space for a cot, while the "dressing area" was the size of the ballroom -- begged the question, What architect from Satan's bowels vomited up this design?

The TV remote worked only if held in a peculiar position, not unlike that of aiming a hunting rifle which is good I did not have, or there may have been carnage.

Oh, the best part! On the desk sat a bottle of water. How nice I thought, until I read the sign (how about one so illuminating in the parking lot?!?) that said, if opened, I'd be charged $4.00. Four Dollars for a little bottle of water!

The whole room shouldn't have cost four dollars.

Were there gorilla feces flung on the walls, it couldn't have been less friendly or foul smelling.

Comments