30 S 7th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55402, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Well Appointed Suites

Anytime I come to The Cities, I stay here, my 'second home'. This is, without a doubt, the finest hotel hands down.

Unique Quality: Unique and special, the facilities are spectacular, the Staff, stellar.

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

The Center of Everything

Get this... The Skyways depart from here, you are a block off Nicollete Mall, a block and a half from the train, and, by God, if you need Kleenex, it's only a call away. The building is a triangle (structurally so), keep going left to your suite, right to get to the elevators to go down. Reception is on the 5th floor, Skyways on the second, and the pithy smoking area on the first. However, "Candyland" is across the street (7th) from the smoking area. Gotta love it!

Unique Quality: Outstanding restaurant (bit pricey, though), they have Lox and Cream Cheese on the morning menu, gotta LOVE that! They do, in fact, have Guinness, but it's canned. We can live with that, for a while anyway....

Directions: Warehouse District, but on the train line. You can get from Lindburg or the other airport HHH (ick!) with not too much trouble.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Nice hotel & rooms...

Well we didn't plan on being in this hotel, we had booked a room in the Marriott, Minnetonka hotel. But since the room simply was worn down we switched to this one..

We had a romance package which included breakfast, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. As you can see displayed on the picture.

If you want to so more about this hotel look at this travelogue

Unique Quality: Right in the middle of the city center, restaurants, shops and cinema accesible through skyways between the blocks.

Room wasn't very big but are comfortable and cosy. There was no bath but a shower cabin.

Parking is not included in the hotel price but there's a parking garage next to the hotel. You can get reduction on the prices there are some signs in the hotel telling you that, we missed them and unfortunalty we weren't told on arrival.

That brings me to the lesser part of this stay all hotel staff was very friendly and explained some ins and outs of the hotel.

Only the first and the last person we met (the person behind the reception) wasn't like we used too. She did exactly what she was supposed to do but nothing more than that.

She didn't tell anything on how to use our package, getting reduction on the parking rates and so on. We got the impression that we didn't look to high classed or something like that. At check out she really topped it all she start asking me what i wanted when i was about 20 feet away from her, when she handed over the hotel bill she directly walked away to the office. When i checked the bill i saw that the second day of breakfast had been charged, when she returned from the office (probably thinking i left) she came back and saw me standing.... I told her the check wasn't right and she corrected it...

But the rest of our stay was good maybe she had a few bad days. I complained about this at Marriott unfortunalty a month has passed no reply till now.

Update on complaint

Well eventually after asking Marriott a second time they finally reacted. The General Manager responded to my complaints and compliments and promised to refund our parking charges. They also apologized and would pay more attention to the points we disliked. I am happy with the way they responded

Size 1

Directions: Between Nicollet and Hennepin Avenues

More about Marriott Minneapolis City Center

A disappointment

by heryanta about Marriott Minneapolis Southwest (Minnetonka)

OK so technically not really in Minneapolis but its suburb of Minnetonka.

Hotel condition - Poor
Age is showing ... furnitures looked old; no HD TV, bathroom has the old school shower curtain rather than the glass door.

Service - Good
Staff was friendly, the bartender kept me company for hours otherwise i would have gone mad for lack of things to do.

Price - Poor
Too expensive for what you are getting. The rate I got (not fully pre-paid) was $179

Location - OK
Close to the highway and to the handful of office buildings in Minnetonka

Overall - If you have business to attend in Minnetonka then this hotel is a decent choice. However, if you're vacationing then you have no business here - stay in downtown Minneapolis instead.

Nice stay at the Marriott City Center

by TripAdvisor Member gregpbc

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott City Center for 2 nights while we were attending a conference at the convention center. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful at check-in (allowed an early check-in) and at the concierge desk. I booked this hotel at the last minute when the Residence Inn messed up my reservation and then wouldn't honor my Marriott Rewards points reservation. Fortunately, the Marriott City Center went out of their way to accommodate us, even at the last minute on a very busy weekend (Vikings / Packers game in town). The hotel is a pretty good walk away from the convention center (15 minutes / 7-8 blocks), but if the weather cooperates, the walk is nice. I highly recommend this hotel!

Highly, Highly Recommended

I highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers. I found this hotel to be in a great location with excellent service and amentities. For your reading pleasure, I will seperate this review into three catagories: positives, negatives, and everyone's favorite travelduck tips. Ready, set . . .

Positives

1. As mentioned, excellent location in the center of the city. Steps from the Target Center, shopping, great bars and restaurants, and a brisk walk or short cab ride to the Metrodome.

2. Rooms were clean and extremely spacious. Upon check in, I was upgraded to an excecutive corner suite on the 21st floor as I am a Silver Rewards member. The bed was comfortable and the room was huge with a sitting area and wrap around windows with a view of the city.

3. Everyone was very friendly including the concerge and check in person. A first class staff works at this hotel.

4. Nice sitting area and bar downstairs with big screen televisions.

5. Free internet access in business center downstairs. A refreshing change from hotels who charge for internet at the business center.

6. $4 self parking on weekends a the garage next door. Amazingly reasonable rate for a major city. I would recommend the self park over the $25 valet.

Negatives

1. Water pressure in the shower was not too strong.

2. Price of a can of soda in the lobby shop was $2.46. Not a typo.

3. That is all the negatives.

Travel Duck Tips

1. From a picky eater, I highly recommend Ike's for lunch. It is directly behind the hotel if you exit from the Starbucks side. It is a bit pricey but the food is worth it. I ordered the club sandwich which was honestly the best sandwich I have ever eaten.

2. For dinner, I highly recommend Bellanotte which is classy and reasonably priced Italian just blocks away. At about 10:00 p.m., it turns into a great place to have a drink at the bar and watch the 30s and 40s crowd try to mingle. For you business travelers, it is a great place to wind down.

3. If you are renting a car, be sure to get gas before you leave downtown for the airport. Apparently, there are no gas stations anyplace near the airport which causes high fuel surcharges on your rental bill.

4. Check out Mall of America near the airport if you have some spare time before your flight. Just don't get lost in there as it is huge.

5. If you are a Marriott Rewards member, make sure you give your rewards number when booking. Apparently, the hotel upgrades all rewards members based upon availability.

6. If you are traveling with little ducks or have a sweet tooth, be sure to visit Candy Land directly across the street - apparently an insitution for 50 years with fresh made candy and flavored popcorn. I got a piece of toffee to enjoy with my $2.46 can of soda from the Marriott (see above).

Enjoy your stay!! TD

Comfortable stay with downtown convenience

by TripAdvisor Member DaveH-ExPat

The Marriott city center is located in downtown Minneapolis, central to the restaurant and shopping areas and connected into the skybridge system that links the downtown core. This is a business-oriented hotel with efficient and attentive staff and excellent facilities.

There is easy access to and from the ring highways, and parking is located in a municipal lot adjacent to the hotel (Collect a ticket on the way in, validate a daily rate with the hotel to get out. If you are willing to look within a block, you might find lower overnight rates). Access at the street level only accesses a foyer: the lobby is four floors up, with elevator access.

The public areas are arranged around alarge atrium that can be busy and noisy when conferences are in session on the lower levels. There is a lobby bar and restaurant, and the concierge provides free daily Minneapolis and national newspapers (I had a package sent ahead, and it was flagged and delivered promptly on arrival: very nice!). Check-in was good, and there was an elite area, separate from the executive floor, if you show your Marriott frequent stay card.

The room is comfortable and spacious, with wide city views. Beds are full and comfortable, and the bathroom has abundent amenitites and hot water. There is a minibar and coffee/tea maker provided: the cable television has a spectrum of US channels and premium movies. Internet access was provided by a third party using network cable (provided): you can buy basic (low speed) or premium (high speed plus local calls) daily. The access was dead slow in either case, and the network provider was unable to fix the problem: my payments were refunded without question.

I didn't use the restaurant or fitness facilities, but people were actively using both. The lobby bar is busy in the evenings, and so they serve double-sized drinks to speed up the service (reflected in the prices). There are many good restaurants within a block: I sprung for Mortons, and it was really superb if you haven't experienced a classic steakhouse.

Wonderful, upgraded hotel with kind staff

by TripAdvisor Member manktripguy

Stayed here for one night over a weekend on a quick trip to Minneapolis. I have stayed here in the past and the upgrades they did are wonderful! The rooms are bright, large, and the beds are super comfortable.

As a Silver Marriott Rewards Member, I was upgraded to a corner executive room upon check-in. They also gave me a chocie of a free in-room movie or a discounted breakfast buffet. Being that I used a free night certificate to book the room, I was also given a gift bag with various drinks and food.

I had a problem with the in-room movies in which I was charged fo rmore moviews than I ordered. This was immediately fixed by the front desk staff, no questions asked. All the staff I encountered at this hotel will so pleasant.

I do agree with previous posts that the internet connection is not the fastest, but for $6.95 a day (internet only, no phone), this is a great deal. Parking on weekends in the attached garage was only $4.00 a day as well.

I plan on making this hotel my hotel of choice for future visits to Downtown Minneapolis.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jeff1232

This is a great Marriott.

It's either new or they've recently renovated.

I had a large room with good TV, beds and bathroom.

The front desk staff is very nice and accomodating.

Central downtown location near all shopping and restaurants.

Very very nice.