710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55402-2368, United States

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Elegance over the Crystal Court

The Marquette is a modern hotel, now part of the Hilton brand. Its location next to the IDS Crystal Court and the Nicollett Mall is prime. The lobby is suprisingly small and unimpressive, but our room on the Hilton Honors floor was spacious and well-appointed indeed! There was a wonderful large chair and ottoman as well as high speed internet connection available on the desk.
    Weekend rates are relatively inexpensive, but the tarriff shoots up dramatically during the business week.

More about The Marquette

Luxurious Hotel in the heart of downtown

I had the occasion to stay at the Marquette a few times now and the quality of service and of the rooms have been consistently exceeding my expectations. Weekend rates are very competitive for the area and you can't beat the location. The restaurant, Basil's serves excellent food at a decent price. The personnel is here to please while staying discreet as needed. This time again, I had nothing but a very pleasant experience and will definitely choose the Marquette again for my next trip.

Fantastic hotel and service

My wife and I had a marvelous stay from the moment we arrived at the hotel! The doorman greeted our taxi with a big smile and a warm welcome, the front desk was very accommodating, our room was beautiful, and our dining experiences were outstanding. This is a wonderful hotel with character and high quality abound, and in a terrific downtown location.

My congratulations to the management team for creating a world-class hotel in Minneapolis!

Wonderful hotel in heart of downtown

by TripAdvisor Member leeannch

I loved my stay at the Marquette. My room was huge and extremely comfortable, with a large desk and soft linens on the bed. My only complaint about the room was that my window faced an office building, so I had to be sure to keep the drapes drawn when changing. The hotel itself is connected to downtown businesses via a walkway, with great shopping and restaurants a few hundred yards away. I would definitely stay there again.

Great Getaway

Spent a wonderful weekend at the Marquette to get away and relax, and enjoy dinner and a show in downtown Minneapolis. This was our second visit to the hotel for a winter weekend getaway. The hotel is within walking distance - through the skyway system - of the best restaurants and theatres in the Twin City area. The hotel staff greeted us promptly and were very courteous and helpful. Accommodations exceeded my expectations. Great view of the downtown area; the room was spacious and clean, and tastefully decorated; dreamy bed; wonderful steam bath - first experience and loved it. We were fortunate to stay on the club level. We had wonderful evening appetizers and beverages; and the breakfast available in the morning was tasty and fresh. Newspaper awaited us in the morning - which is not often done at hotels on the weekends.
Before we checked out, my husband and I were thinking ahead to the next opportunity we could enjoy the luxury treatment of The Marquette.

A Gem of a Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member amynielsens

The Marquette was the perfect spot for a weekend away with my husband and two girls. When we checked in we were greeted by very welcoming staff, including the doorman, valet, bellman, and front desk manager. I was immediately impressed not only by the service but also by the recently updated lobby area...and our room was just as beautifully rennovated, large, and very comfortable. We loved that it was close to all of the fab shopping and dinning downtown..The Marquette will be our Minneapolis hotel of choice from now on!

Stay HERE! The Marquette

by TripAdvisor Member Dedede

This hotel goes out of its way to make your stay the best experience. The location is great, the room was one of the nicest I have stayed in and the staff was helpful and professional. The restaurant, Basil's, was very good. Again, the staff at the restaurant was attentive and the food was delicious. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Great hotel - especially on the weekend

Weekend rates drop dramatically for this hotel. Downtown is dead, but the hotel is so worth it. The club on the executive level has excellent service and treats. The rooms on the exec level have a steam shower too.

Avoid this Hilton Property

by TripAdvisor Member goobtraveler

Hiton should be ashamed of this hotel, especially the hotel management. I have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world, and never have I been treated as I was at this property. A little customer service goes a long way in my book, and this hotel was more worried about making $$ than they were about pleasing a HIlton Diamond member.

I booked the room about a month in advance, and changed my reservation to a more expensive reservation arriving one day earlier. Then, two weeks before my arrival date, I needed to cancel the first night. The reservation specialist said that if I cancelled the first night the rate would go to three times what I was currently paying per night. I talked to the manager on duty, then the manager of the hotel. They all told me the same thing. Now note, I did not book a special rate based on the number of nights that I was staying. They kept telling me that the hotel was full, so they could not make a reservation for me without billing me the full rate. But I already had a reservation!!

The rooms at the hotel are old and need remodelling. The furniture is not what I would expect at a full-service Hilton property. The beds are not that comfortable either.

I would recommend staying at the Doubletree in Minneapolis if you can. The customer service is excellent, and the rooms are much better in my opinion. Another great hotel is the Marriott -- this is newly renovated with excellent rooms.

Wonderful venue for special events

The Marquette has exquisite private function rooms at the top of the 50 story IDS Building offering panoramic views of Minneapolis. My organization recently hosted a dinner there. The food, service and ambience were all outstanding.

Comments