24186 Smiley Road, , Nisswa, MN 56468
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Nisswa

me on Lake Hubertme on Lake Hubert

me and my albumme and my album

Is this enough postage to ship me home?Is this enough postage to ship me home?

Gabby and MeGabby and Me

Travel Tips for Nisswa

Nisswa

by Krumlovgirl

I stayed here during the summer of 2003. I had a great little cabin on a lake and used to ride my bike into Nisswa for pizza and ice cream. More importantly, I made an excellent group of friends-the first group of girlfriends that I have ever had. We had a blast all summer long. The downside is...after working at one, would I send my kids to summer camp? I don't know. Now that I have also worked in a nonprofit organization for children and seen the behind the scenes happenings, it would be a tough call. I think I might know too much. But if the right one came along, maybe.

More Photos

by Krumlovgirl

Hanging out at my cabin was where we spent most of our time. Joanne, my roomie, and I definitely had the best cabin because we had a living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Every night the girls would come over and we would eat pasta, talk, and listen to music. It was great. And since we were all so multicultural (American, Equadorian, South Korean, and Mexican) we got to learn a lot of each others' language and culture as well.

During a tornado warning, after all the staff had been told to stay indoors and take cover, I was left in the main office, surrounded by windows. Yes, I felt safe. After the storm had supposedly passed, I left and started walking back to my cabin. And that's the last thing I remember. This tree pictured actually fell on me and knocked me over. I had a major headache the whole next day and my legs were pretty cut up. The girls took pictures of the bruises and scratches on me in case we needed them later. Unfortunatey, it was arrival day and since I was the transportation director I couldn't miss work. I was not a happy camper that day.

Mom became the American mom to all the girls since she wrote them letters and sent them stuff every week. So when she came up to get me, everyone felt like they already knew her.

Comments