North Shore Hotels

Our Members Say

• chellediva profile photo chellediva
  • Reviews: 23

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stonegate on Superior: Cozy Comfy Cabin!

The North Shore Scenic Drive aka Hwy 61 has a plethora of inns, campgrounds and lodges. I didn't make a reservation with the hopes of finding something great...kind of adventurous! Luckily, it worked and we found Stonegate. We stayed in cabin #7 which wasn't closest to the water, but it still had a spectacular view! The front door was only 15 yards from the shore and we could hear the water on the rocks. Amazing!
Close proximity to Two Harbors which made for an easy drive up the shore to the requisite sites; Tettegouche's waterfalls, Split Rock Lighthouse and Gooseberry Falls. I'd definitely recommend Stonegate on Superior to ANYONE visiting Minnesota, the north shore, or just needing a little getaway!

We stayed in one of the older cabins. A two bedroom cabin with a log bed in one room and an additional log futon in the living room, it would have been large enough for 3 couples or a large family. Also had a complete kitchen including microwave and a full-size fridge. The bathroom wasn't huge, but had a shower with plenty of hot water.
Outside, we had use of a barbecue grill and some lawn chairs. Only steps away was a dock whith a few more chairs and a little table. We ate our supper out here one night, over the lake, with the full moon playing hide and seek with some clouds. There was firewood available to purchase and guests could bulid bonfires on the rocks next to the lake.
Stonegate was fabulous, I wish I could've stayed longer! I'm sooo happy we found it.

• Opinion of Price: about average