The Magic Door

818 Division Street South, Northfield, Minnesota, 55057, United States

More about Northfield

Chi-Potty.Chi-Potty.

Scoville HallScoville Hall

we have dog beds all over the house--about tenwe have dog beds all over the house--about ten

soaring eaglesoaring eagle

Travel Tips for Northfield

Zrim as student in 1986

by zrim

I found an old college ID the other day, stuck in an old forgotten wallet that was in a plastic bag in the far recesses of a cluttered closet.

So this is me circa 1986 as I entered my senior year at Carleton College. I'm not sure where that bruise under my right eye came from.

I had a great time in college. Lots of friends, beer and the occasional class. One advantage to attending a small school was the opportunity to participate in a wide array of activities. I co-hosted a Sunday night sportstalk radio show, was an editor of the campus newspaper, competed in intercollegiate golf and several intramural sports.

Then there was the beer. Vast quantities of beer. Really more beer than you can imagine. More beer than even Richiecdisc can imagine.

Parking along the river

by zrim

This is the view that my car sees all day long as it is parked behind my office. You can see the gazebo to the left side of the photo--it was built by the Archer House Hotel as an amenity for its guests, but is also used by locals as a picnic sport. The bridge crossing the Cannon River in the center of the photo is for pedestrian use only. If you cross from west to east you will find yourself on the doorstep of my favorite watering hole--The Contented Cow.

Comments