Golden Lantern Inn

721 East Ave, Red Wing, Minnesota, 55066-3435, United States

More about Golden Lantern Inn

Wonderful B & B Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Emmie1920

We had a wonderful stay at the Golden Lantern. I have had several bad B & B experiences but this place changed my mind. The home was lovely, the rooms comfortable, and the food was great. We enjoyed eating breakfast on the sunny enclosed porch. The fresh baked cookies in our rooms at check- in were a nice touch. Also, I loved having coffee delivered to my room pre- breakfast. The very best thing about the Golden Lantern are the hosts, Gary and Pat. They are extremely efficient, knowledgable, and helpful. They are truly professional and run a great inn.

Comfy, cozy B & B

by TripAdvisor Member LindaBill58

Very comfortable and relaxing B & B with beautiful gardens and a darling sunporch where you can have your delicious breakfast served at your table for two. Great whirlpool and comfy beds. We loved the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies awaiting our arrival. This English Tudor home is a refreshing change from the usual Victorian B & B.

Golden Lantern was great!!

by TripAdvisor Member cakeman

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Golden Lantern! The room was exceptionally clean and cozy. Pat and Gary made us feel welcome and were very friendly. We also enjoyed the breakfast; it was awesome! To have it delivered right to the room was great! Thanks again, we will be back!

Spring Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member suma311

Great stay at a lovely B & B. Comfortable and interesting house with opportunity to spend time in other places besides our room, Library, Living Room, Screened Porch & Gardens.

Friendly owners and very good breakfasts, with the treat of having coffee delivered to your room an hour before breakfast time.

Two room suite (Megan's room) with comfortable bed and an additional living room with fireplace that had a view of the garden. I would stay in this room or possibly Helen's room that had a private balcony next time. I would certainly visit this B & B again when in the area again.

A Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member dihcro

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Golden Lantern Inn. The owners were friendly and courteous, very well organized, and gave us excellent service, and made us feel at home. The house itself is very clean and beautifully decorated, elegant, yet comfortable and cozy. It has the feel of going back in time 75 years but with all the modern comforts. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the whole room. The breakfast was delicious. The gardens are delightful, the artistic work of the owner who is a master gardener. We would definitely love to stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone needing a peaceful getaway.

Quiet and Private

by TripAdvisor Member kelebogile

We stayed here for our anniversary. The room was very nice. Not overly frilly or lacey as I have experienced with other B&B's. The room had a gas fireplace and also a 2 person jaccuzi tub. We booked a massage package, so we each had a 30 minute massage in the room and a bottle of champagne. It was well worth it. Breakfast was delivered to our room in the morning and it was wonderful. They were able to make a vegetarian breakfast. They also have warm chocolate chip cookies in the room when you check in, which was a nice surprise.

Relaxation at the Golden Lantern

by TripAdvisor Member gregandsom

My husband surprised me with a night away at the Golden Lantern in Red Wing for HIS birthday. Although we didn't spend much time at the Inn, it was very beautiful and Pat, the owner made us feel at home from the moment we walked in. The house was the home of the founder of Red Wing Shoes and was different than the typical B&B. Although it maintained the historical element, it wasn't over the top frilly and lace like many of the Victorian B&Bs, which was far better suited to my liking. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed. The gardens outside was amazing. Pat recommended a restaurant in Lake City, Nosh. It was far better than anything I would have imagined in the area. Because of a tight schedule, we missed out on the nightly fire (with s'mores) and the breakfast. We had an early tee time so Pat made us eggs and bacon (which were great) but we could smell the full breakfast being cooked and I was very disappointed we would be missing it. We will be back to enjoy the full range of what the Golden Lantern has to offer...hopefully sooner rather than later.

Great B and B in Red Wing, MN

by TripAdvisor Member Jeanette097

Three long-time friends booked a suite at the Golden Lantern Inn in Red Wing, MN for a two-night stay in June 2008. The Inn is a large, well-maintained home, originally built in the 1930s. Our room was a two room suite with 1 1/2 baths, plus a whirlpool bath.
The breakfasts were excellent, with interesting juices, wonderful fruit dishes and a very satisfying main dish. We were treated to fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies in our room. And there was an opportunity to share S'mores over the open fire in the flower and plant filled back yard at 9:00 in the evening. Hot beverages were delivered in a lovely basket to our door at 9:00 a.m. Cold beverages were available all day in a small refrigerator by the stairwell.
Our hosts had perfected the art of being totally attentive to our needs and yet unobtrusive at the same time. The public areas allowed space for quiet reading, game playing, etc. The back yard was spacious and accommodating.
The entire place contributed to a feeling of comfort and well-being. We would recommend this place to our friends and would return if we are in the area again.

Fantastic B&B

by TripAdvisor Member RTCAV

The Golden Lantern Inn is a great place for a romantic honeymoon! 5 Stars!!! Highly-recommended! (We've stayed there twice and both times were great!)

Comments