1755 South Broadway, Rochester, Minnesota, 55904-7960, United States

Infinity Tattooing
Want a...

by photobf

Infinity Tattooing
Want a perminent reminder of you trip to Minnesota? The guy that owns this place, Pat, has been in several tat mags for his excellent work. This is where I'm going again for my next tattoo...
1006 N Broadway (507)281-1296

The Secret That Got Away Story

by Seabiscuit

"What Happens in Rochester, Stays in Rochester"

Where to begin... Okay, from the start. We had a Company Christmas party 'bout the beginning of February. (Don't ask). It was a derring-do at a rather upscale restaurant in Rochester ("Michael's" if you're interested). (Across the street from the 'Shah-Inn', a 32 storey apartment/commercial building within walking distance from the Mayo Clinic. Go figure). Anyway, the party was a sit-down dinner affair, with a cocktail hour beforehand. (Didn't have to convince ME!) My 'escort' decided to order drinks, whilst I hung coats up in the coat check. Naturally, She ordered "Teas" for the table of three. I got back to the table and started to put on a 'party face'. (Read that: had no idea what I was drinking as it tasted like nothing at all).

As I casually missed gaping holes in the conversation, we were ushered to our "private diningroom" for dinner. I ordered the escargot as an appetiser, and Tournedos de Beuf for the main course. The Waitroid asked how I wanted my "Tornadoes" cooked. I have to say, I haven't had *that* good a laugh in years. (I'll expand on this later, as I'm choking in laughter recounting this story). Okay, back. The escargot was really rather good! I turned the Lady to the left of me on to escargot, as she had never had them (She thought them wonderful, but I think it was the "Tea" talking. She could have bit into a Michelin tyre and thought it a delight).

So, the 'Tornadoes' show up. One is smothered in something sort of reddish, the second, smothered in something sort of yellowish. No, I did not ask. I had always been under the assumption Tournedos de Beuf had no fat on them, apparently not. It was enough to turn one Vegan. No wonder the restaurant had to 'paint' them with an unknown covering.

The dessert was a 'special' Creme Broulet with Rasberry (read that ONE rasberry). I passed on that and had another Merlot.

I'll finish this story as time (and mind) allows. I really don't remember much after that. (But I got home, and I didn't drive).
Jeff-