Dress for the weather
The weather in Rochester can go to either extreme; humid and hot in the summer to freezing (30 below zero) in the winter. It usually doesn't get really cold until November or December. Keep in mind, cold to the natives is below freezing. Anything warmer than 32 degrees you will still find people running around with just a sweatshirt on. If you forget something, chances are you can find it here. Rochester has all the modern conveniences...Target, Walmart, Shopko, Marshall Fields, Sears, etc.
"Home Sweet Home!!!"
This is where I've lived for all my 25 years and I do like the town dispite it's conservative nature. Rochester is cold in the winter(up to 70 below!!!), brisk in the spring, warm in the summer, and hot(over 100), humid, and beautiful in the fall.
An interesting side note: rumor has it, they test bridges, supports, etc. here before they build them in siberia, as we have similar weather with the cold and wind...isn't that reassuring...
""10 Ways To Make Your Neighbor Move""
1. Order pizza and other food to their house and pick it up at their doorstep claiming that you don't have a phone.
2. Stand over the plants in your yard with a hose and scream, "I have your life in my hands, bow down to me!". Then point at each one and declare them good or bad plants, while watering the bad ones.
3. Give them restraining orders on inanimate objects in their house. (i.e., chairs, books, lamps, etc.)
4. Ask them if you can put your trash in their cans, if they ask why say w/ a devilish grin, "Mine are all full, hehehe" walk away laughing hysterically.
5. Patrol the perimeter of your yard while carrying a broom. If they come close state that their is a 3 foot neutral area between the two yards.
6. At night, transplant the plants in their garden. In the morning say, "looks like they're on the move again."
7. When they're watching TV, pull a lawn chair behind their window. Sit down with popcorn and a drink and ask them if they could open a window so you can hear too.
8. Build snowmen with name tags of your neighbors and each day hack off a different part of their body.
9. Use your TV remote to change the channels on their TV from outside. If asked why, say you protest such programs. (The more educational the program the better.)
10. Dig shallow graves at night filling your yard with brown grave patches. Make markers out of household appliances.