Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites

7320 Airport View Dr. SW, Rochester, Minnesota, 55902, United States
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
Hotels.com AmericInn.com Expedia.com

More about Rochester

Rochester Public Library, Rochester, MN 2008Rochester Public Library, Rochester, MN 2008

Minnesota NiceMinnesota Nice

Travel Tips for Rochester

Probably some of the most...

by HAWLEYJ

Probably some of the most interesting Christian churches in America! Not in terms of meeting location, by any means, but rather culture. Mt. Zion Christian Center is a full gospel church which is well known for incredibly dynamic worship bands. The Wind and Fire Christian Center is a very small church founded by, and very influenced by, Africans. On the more conservative end, the world famous Mayo Clinic was founded by the Mayo brothers and some nuns. The nun convent still remains, and I believe they accept visitors. It is called Assisi Heights and is the big beautiful Italian looking building on the hill about 1 mile from downtown.

My Tiny Art Exhibit Story

by Seabiscuit

"My "Artsy-Fartsy Things" Story"

I have always appreciated the 'Artistic Meanderings' of People past, and present. But, some of this stuff is AMAZING! And it's in MY HOUSE! I get to treasure it in my own way, in my own time. Some of this stuff simply FLOORS me, and others, well, make me wonder what they were thinking when they made it. To those that created this work, I am forever humbled. To those that ended up in my house, I'm forever thankful you made it here.

"Tatting? What the Hell is That?"

This is the doiley my good Friend Kim Suniga made for me. I was absolutely SHOCKED when she presented this to me in December of 1987 as a Christmas present. I never knew she was making it, much less, for me. I'm gonna gush for a second, pardon me. But this is an insane thing to do for another Person that slid off the roof next door, and had to be rescued from a snowdrift. That's another story.

Each bit of this amazing work is a knot, creating the whole. There are literally thousands and thousands of knots. There isn't a chance in hades that I could have made this, much less invented it.

Thanks, Kim! I'll never forget you! (Much LOVE!)

"Babies Are Always a Charm"

This is a rather strange entry. In 1985, I was trying to introduce Printing Companies to dial-up graphic transfers of graphical data. Nobody would listen to me. I transfered this image to a 'Kinko's' for printing. Granted, it's about 4 feet wide and 24" tall, but I got to keep the output, and I framed it. (btw, this is Rashs' favourite piece of art in my home. I thought the bastad would steal it!) No, I'm only kidding.

"Total Peace"

This is another weird one. I had made a Friend at a Graphics Company early on, Vincenne Buonpanne was her name. I didn't know her well, more of a "Business Acquaintance" than anything else. But, come Christmastime, she sent me this. It was #15 of 50 limited etchings. The little box at the right is the stamp she used to deliver it (in it's own little frame). In Person, of course. Again, I'm bewildered at the Quality of People I've known. I certainly have not deserved this much.

"The Newest 'Addition'"

Wow, what can I say. Katmosphere sent me a watercolor that took more than my breath away. I had it matted and framed, and, now it lives in my house! (I consider art more of a 'being' than a 'do-ing'). It's a part of my life now, as the other works I've showcased.

Kat - You not only have a 'place in my heart', but a home to come home to!

Comments