140 North Shore Drive, South Haven, Michigan, 49090, United States

More about Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast

A Spectacular Bed and Breakfast!

The Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast is perfect. We read about it in Midwest Living Magazine and couldn't wait to go, but it was even more wonderful than we anticipated. We celebrated a romantic anniversary and the innkeepers helped me surprise my wife with flowers and champagne...Robert and Elaine were very enthusiastic about participating in my special day. My wife and I spent a glorious spring afternoon sipping wine on the garden deck and walking the beach. Our room was beautiful ( I really LOVE The Camelia Room!), the food was delicious and we were WOWED by the book collection. I'd like to take FULL credit, but I think taking my wife to Yelton Manor made this the most wonderful anniversary we ever had. We'll go back again and again and I suggest that everyone do the same!

When only the BEST will do!

Look no further if you want to stay at the most wonderful B&B anywhere!
How does steps to the sandy beach
of Lake Michigan sound to you? How about 100 feet of packed perennial
flower borders that are 8-15 feet WIDE?
And the amenities INSIDE are even more wonderful. Great food, gorgeous
decor, books, movies, treats...whew, it goes on and on. My husband and I
have stayed at 100s of inns (including others in South Haven...what were
we *thinking*??) but will now always return to this special, truly
magical B&B. Don't wait for your anniversary like I did....just GO! Our
special thanks to
owners Elaine and Robert for all their kind attention to our comforts
and special needs. Bless them for their hard work and dedication to
loving service. Elaine even gave me cuttings from her garden...how generous is THAT?????

Yelton Manor B&B: The Very Best

I've been to several nice B&Bs before, but The Yelton Manor is the kind of inn that only LOVE can create(OK, I admit it, hard work must be a big part of the equation too!). Anyway, The Manor is a pleasure palace!All the details that delight are at The Manor: lovely decor, firm mattresses, total cleanliness, delicious food, attentive staff,books, movies, games, sandy beach, rocking chairs on porches, outside decks surrounded by a flower gardenthat boggles the mind....you will NEVER want to leave! Owners Elaine and Robert have a lifelong passion forfun and service and...well, LOVE. We will return to The Manor again and again and again!

Coolest Inn Keepers we've met!

Staying at the Yelton Manor is like visiting your beloved grandma, who lets you do all of the things that your parents won't. You can eat home made chocolate chip cookies, exquisite lemon bars, and delightful popcorn all day, watch movies all night (Elaine has a marvelous selection of videos available), and browse an impressive collection of books scattered throughout the house. The atmosphere is delightful, the rooms are comfortable and homey, and the food is plain amazing. The best part of the Yelton Manor experience is the Inn Keeprs - Elaine and Robert. They are thoughtful, gracious, funny, cheerful, and caring, while being blessed with great sense of humor. I am looking forward to our next stay at the Manor - we've never enjoyed a Bed and Breakfast more.

Loved the Yelton Manner

The Yelton Manor B& B in South Haven, MI is an unbeatable, romantic get-away. The Victorian-Style rooms are gorgeous and the food is so delicious. Elaine and Rob are such gracious hosts, extending warm hospitality to each guest. It's very obvious that they love what they're doing at their lovely manor!

Home away from Home

We love everything about this special little hideaway. Elaine and Rob are so awsome and down to earth. They know all the best resturants in town. They have the greatest collection of books, every book you could ever imagine, they have it. There wild flower garden just spectular. And the location, just across from the beach..prefect. We love this place, and all the hard work the both of you put into it making it such a wonderfully relaxing trip. thanks guys.

A tranquil oasis!

My stay at the Yelton Manor was too short. I could have stayed forever!
The grounds were beautiful, flowers and lush landscaping gave a secret garden sense of wonder to the place. My room was amazing, tastefully decorated. The common areas were filled with treats for the eye and mind, books of vast subjects were everywhere and there were plenty of cubby’s to curl up with a title that struck my fancy. My hosts were wonderful, having a wealth of information about the South Haven and surrounding areas. I know this will be the first of many trips to the South Haven and Yelton Manor.

Loved theYelton Manor

Terrific B&B!

We loved The Manor! In a much-needed escape from 5 children, we fell
under the spell of this beautiful, charming, hospitable pleasure palace!
The gardens are spectacular, the food delicious, the corners clean and
the innkeepers are helpful and fun. Of course, you can't beat the
location and 5 miles of gorgeous beach either. We've been to many B&Bs,
but The Manor has more luxury amenities --and the price is really
right!-- than any other we've visited. So many delightful details--from
rose petals scattered in the walkway as we approached...dinner
reservations set for us...lovely oils for the jacuzzi...1000s of
video/DVD...CD players in the rooms...to the lively conversation over
evening hors d'oeuvres...The Manor is by far the best B&B we have ever
stayed at! We'll be back!

Fabulous Escape to Paradise

My partner and I were lucky that a good friend recommended that we stay at The Manor, as this is truly a wonderful inn. The gardens are beautiful, the rooms are luxurious and perfectly clean, the food is first rate and the hosts are both professional and full of fun. We spent
a lot of time walking the beach and enjoying the gardens, but we made sure that we were back each night at 5:30 for the hors d'oeuvres and
conversation with happy guests, most of whom had already been coming to The Manor for a decade or more! Well, that's our plan...we'll be back again and again. The Manor lives up to it's great reputation and I absolutely recommend it to everyone.

Didn't want to Leave

My husband and I honeymooned in South Haven and stayed at the beautiful Yelton Manor. We knew before we even walked into our room that we wanted to return... Simply walking through the house (which smelled pleasantly of fresh chocolate chip cookies!), past stacks and stacks of books, soft, comfy seats, cozy nooks... well, we were in love. The innkeepers have the most wonderful personalities, and go out of their way to make you feel as if you were an old friend and their personal guests. The food was delicious, the rooms immaculate and cozy, the service thoughtful and personal. My husband ate so many of Elaine's cookies that she made a special batch for him the morning we left, to take on the road!

The day we returned home, we went shopping for a used car. You know how that is. In the dealer's office, we looked at each other and wailed, " I MISS YELTON MANOR!" It's been a week, and we still think and speak of our wonderful stay at Yelton Manor every day.

We can't wait to return. Now we have something special to look forward to every year. thanks Elaine and Rob. You guys rock!

Comments