IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi

850 Bayview Ave, (formerly Imperial Palace Hotel), Biloxi, Mississippi, 39530, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

IP Casino

Stay and play options start at $69 at this Biloxi skyscraper casino. Entertainers showing there soon include Dwight Yoakum, Ray Stevens, and REO Speedwagon in the small Studio A theater.
    Golfing outings can be arranged....

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

The Imperial Palace of the Coast

I arrived at the IP late in the afternoon, after blitzing through many of the local casinos. Check-in on the Thursday afternoon was a breeze, and I learned that they had signed me up for the slot club as well. As I got up to my room, I found it to be moderate in size, but everything was in great order, and the room was clean. The bathroom was good sized, and they had the requisite large screen HDTV in the bedroom. Nice big alarm clock, although not much of a view from the windows. The one small complaint is it was a former adjoining room, which meant every time the neighbors left, the door would rattle. But, the bed was very comfortable, and I got a good night's rest. Express check-out was a snap. There was a large self-park garage next to the hotel, as well as some surface parking across the street. I unfortunately did not get a chance to check out any of the amenities, and I passed on breakfast, which I would kick myself for later. Price was $100, which felt a little high for middle of the week, but overall, this was a good value.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Hotel Review (Only)

So, here's my story. I convinced my dad to let us stay in Biloxi while on our trip from Houston to Florida. We stopped at a McDonald's while on the road and I checked hotel prices on Expedia. There were RIDICULOUS rates (like $65) for IP, because it was new and because it was September on a Monday. Because the rates were so good, we booked two rooms and headed that way. All of this was about 10pm-11pm. So, when we got to the hotel we found out we qualified for late checkout at 1pm!! Woohoo!

They added a "resort" fee for $5 a room which stunk. And I believe they wanted to charge for Internet (ridiculous) so you may want to check for that.

They had plenty of restaurants to try from but the hours were different so you'd have to check that as well. Nothing too late except for a sports bar.

Unique Quality: The rooms were amazingly comfortable. The view of the bay/gulf was fantastic. I enjoyed being only an elevator ride away from the casino.

The staff was really helpful and nice. That's always a blessing.

*I am putting the rates lower because I found the deals. However, please know that you may not find these rates on your stay. We went on an off day/time of year.

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the IP (imperial palace) is the best budget casino hotel in biloxi. they offer all of the amenities that you would expect from a moderately priced chain hotel. the IP offers a very good value for tourists on a budget. like most biloxi hotels prices are higher on weekends and holidays.

Directions: central biloxi.

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Imperial Palace Hotel & Casino

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ** First Hotel / Casino Re-Opens **

After extensive renovations in
    the wake of Hurricane Katrina
    that destroyed most the casinos,
    the Imperial Palace (IP) has as
    of January 6th, 2006, re-opened
    it's doors to the public ....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Unique Quality: We have stayed at this Hotel / Casino several times, and have
    found the staff to be helpful, the rooms have always been clean,
    and there is plenty to do in the area.

The food at the different eateries within the Hotel/Casino have
    been great, something always available 24/7 .... We will return

We recommend this Hotel/Casino if you want to stay near all
    the action.

*********************************************
    The extensive renovations include the following:

GAMING
    1,900 Slot Machines
    They are bigger and better than ever. They've added the best and
    most exciting slot games and an all new High Limit Slot Zone.

52 Table Games
    The table game action is sizzling with more table games and an
    exclusive High Limit area!

A New Poker Room
    Elegant. Elite, all-new, on the casino third floor.

DINING

THIRTY-TWO STEAK & SEAFOOD
    For your fine dining pleasure, thirty-two offers the finest USDA Prime
    Beef, the freshest fish, shellfish, and a dazzling selection of fine wine.

BACK BAY BUFFET
    Classic Southern, Tex Mex, Italian, Asian, A Carvery, Soup & Salad,
    and a Dessert Bar.

FOGO E AGUA
    A Brazilian Steakhouse experience, the only one of it's kind on
    the coast.

THE COFFEE SHOP

ACCOMMODATIONS

This elegant hotel is sure to impress, with 1,088 brand new rooms
    and bathrooms, free high-speed wireless internet access, and
    upgraded amenities.

MEETINGS

IP will start to book meetings on January 6, 2006
    For more information call 228.432.3216
    email: sales@ipbiloxi.com

• NosillaReltub's Profile Photo

Awesome rates and luxurious accomodations

The staff is uber-friendly. Love the slot tournaments they have with themes. The guests staying their are also very polite and friendly. Can't wait to go again!

Unique Quality: Very affordable rooms. Very affordable slot tournaments. Restuarant choices galore. 2 floors of slot machines. Movie theater on premises. Spa on premises. Security on top of things.

Directions: On the bay side of Biloxi.

More about IP Casino Resort Spa

you get what you pay for

We checked in the the IP on a Saturday afternoon and the place was PACKED. You will have to wait in line for a while and one of the elevators was out, so they were very CROWDED. The rooms are very plain(but they were $59.99/night). Even though they do have non-smoking rooms, they still smell of smoke, but let's face it, it's a casino and I swear you can smoke ANYWHERE is this hotel. Also, bring a hair dryer even though they have one installed in the bathrooms. I do have long hair, but it literally took me over 20 minutes to dry it and the handle got so hot that I had to hold it with a hand towel.Valet is slow, but it is busy. They were nice enough to get cabs to us in a timely manner.
The Casino is small, but I won there more than I did at the Beau or Casino Magic. I had fun, but be prepareed for crowds checking in and average rooms.

Economy at its best

by TripAdvisor Member jayetee

IP was an economy class hotel with mostly friendly and kind floor staff. HOWEVER, getting our key (after checking in 4 hrs. earlier) was awful. The line was exceedingly long with only one person handling people. Then, when we got to the window, she was rude, rude, rude!

The room was clean and acceptable - I've stayed at much worse and much better. But CLEAN is GOOD.

The dinner was good at the Embers restaurant.

It was an OK place, but I would certainly aim for a little bit better next time (this was my husband's and my first time and we went along with what the agent said was a good location).

PS If you like to walk, no place really is that far from another (except very ends of the strip places).

The hotel from hell

My husband and I stayed at the Imperial from Saturday 3/13 until Tuesday 3/16 it was the worst place we have ever stayed. The room was dirty, the shower had mold, we had to ask for toilet paper. A million kids were there running out of control, trashing rooms. The staff was very unfriendly, rude better describes them. My husband is handicapped, he asked for a room near the elevator or handicapped accessible, did not have one. We were at the far end of the hallway away from the elevators. The elevators were strewn with trash, halls were dirty. Looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time. There was a glass on the floor outside a room when we checked in, it was still there when we left. Never again

confusing

My mother, husband and myself stayed at the Imperial Mar. 31 - April 2, 2004. Our biggest complaint was finding our way around and the LONG walks between the self parking and hotel room that required taking more than one elevator. (Located in another building!) Directional signs were almost non existant and we found many bewildered guests attempting to find their way. (A hotel map is provided when you register and it would pay to study it as there is no indication on the elevators what you will find on that floor.) However, that doesn't help when you first arrive. Check-in lines wound back and forth like snakes between ropes and always seemed busy. Registration is in the same room as the casino and is very smokey, and noisey, especially in the evening. More so than some of the other hotels.

We had rain one day that flooded the lower parking area as the Imperial is located next to a "wash" and a guest and his handicapped passenger had to be rescued from the flood. THAT made the evening news.

We found the staff mostly friendly and our room was kept clean and well stocked. The balcony door was fixed as soon as it was reported, however, the hair dryer became burning hot when drying my hair.

We enjoyed having our picture taken for free and were privileged to be joined by "Elvis" - the impersonator from the Legends. A nice keepsake.

No coffee pots in rooms and telephone calls are 75 cents - even for local calls and 1-800's. Not impressive! We stayed at the Vagabond in Bakersville the previous evening and they provided both coffee and free calls for half the price of the room.

IP casinoIP casino