Mississippi Hotels

Our Members Say

Super 8: Better Place in Meridian

$62 as of April 2013. My last visit to Meridian I stayed at a Motel 6. That was okay but I think I would rather spend a bit more and go to this Super 8. The room had a few extras like a small refirgerator and a microwave, the TV was very nice and the breakfast was about what you expect for a Super 8. Internet access is available. The staff was nice too, especially Nikki who is quite photogenic but did not want her photo put on here.

Good restaurants (Applebees and Cracker Barrell) nearby.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written May 29, 2013

Super 8 Meridian

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Airport Inn: Nice Place to Stay in Pearl (Jackson Area)

$65 as of April 2013. The room was very nice with a small refrigerator and a microwave along with a very nice east chair, bed and TV. The staff was good too. Close to several decent restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 29, 2013

Best Western Airport Inn

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Days Inn: Bad and Overpriced in Natchez

$80 in June 2012. This room had a few extras like a small refrigerator and a microwave. Maid tried to enter without knocking to bring a trashcan to the room, then again to deliver towels at 5PM? Never heard of knocking? Give me a break. Avoid!!

• Related to: Road Trip

Days Inn Natchez

Trace Campground: Camping at Trace State Park

Trace State Park offers 8 cabins; 24 premium campsites; 28 standard campsites; and 10 primitive campsites. There are also 17 group promitive areas and a meeting area. Prices are $11 to $22 for campsites, and $60 to $85 for cabins.

I did not stay here but wanted to let you know it is available.

• Related to: National/State Park, Camping, Family Travel

Trace Campground

Microtel Hattiesburg: Nice Motel; Great Bed in Hattiesburg

$75 in March 2013. This motel had a very nice room with a great bed, an above average breakfast, and a friendly staff. Worth a try when in Hattiesburg.

• Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel

Microtel Hattiesburg

Econolodge: Decent Budget Motel in Hattiesburg

$56 in June 2012. This room had a few extras like a small refrigerator and a microwave, and a decent breakfast but really nothing to raise it above average.

• Related to: Road Trip

Econolodge Hattiesburg

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Days Inn: Try Another Place in Greenville

This place did not look too bad on the outside but was a bit older looking and not so nice inside. It was pouring down rain though so I stayed here anyway. When I first went in I thought someone had forgotten to flush the toilet because the water was so yellow. When I ran the bathwater the next morning it was yellow too. I would not stay here again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip

Days Inn: Acceptable and Cheap in Brookhaven

This place is acceptable if your main concern is the price. Otherwise there is nothing to recommend it. I would probably try a different place next time I am in town.

Nice restaurant across the street.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel

Best Western - Seaway Inn: Great Luxurious Accommodations in Gulfport

The Best Western Seaway Inn in Gulfport is a large kinda fancy hotel with 180 guest rooms. When I stayed there the rooms were normally $199.99 a night but they were running a special for $79.99. The room was very nice; but nothing spectacular. Free WiFi. A free continental breakfast was included in the price for he room and was better than most. The hotel had a very nice outdoor pool and hot tub. It is conveniently located just off Interstate 10 and is 3 1/2 miles from Gulfport's beaches and casinos. Michael's Night Club, which is a combination Night Club and Sport's Bar, is located in the hotel (see my night life tip).

• Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel

Best Western

Super 8: Decent Budget Accomodations in D'Iberville

This is not the place to stay if you want luxury or lots of ammenities. If, however, price is one of your primary concerns this is an alternative to more expensive accomodations in Biloxi or Gulfport. It was nice having the small refrigerator and the microwave. Better than it looked from the outside.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip

Super 8

Motel 6: Nice Budget Hotel in Vicksburg

I am usually a big fan of Motel 6, especially when I am passing through. All I am looking for then is a decent nights sleep. If you are staying longer you may want to opt for more luxury. I spent 30+ years with the US Army so I'm used to less. This Motel 6 had no extras but it was fine for basic accomodations.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel

Motel 6

Days Inn: Decent Budget Motel in Ocean Springs

The Days Inn Ocean Springs is pretty nice with a few extra like a microwave, refrigerator and a nice sitting area. The staff was nice and the pool was great. I was amused by the misspellings in the sign by the pool. All in all a nice place, I recommend.

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip

Days Inn

• famus_darling profile photo famus_darling
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fairfield Inn, Hattiesburg, MS: Decent decor, but missed the details

The décor in this hotel has been updated, but you will find upon closer inspection that it is only the décor. The bathtub was full of stains and I did not feel comfortable giving my little ones a bath in it, even after purchasing my own cleaning supplies. It was not just dirt, they were old stains. The air conditioner was so noisy that we could not watch television with our children sleeping because we had to turn the volume up so much. If you are staying with more than one person for more than one night don’t even consider the regular size rooms. They are much too small. You will need to pay to upgrade to the suite.
The pool was disguising and had I not promised my children we would swim we would not have got in. There was a ring around the pool and a stench.
The part we did love about this hotel was the breakfast. There was a great selection and the waffles were marvelous.
The staff was very accommodating and nice in general. However try to stay away from the manager. We had an issue with items left behind. That was our fault and the staff was nice enough to agree to ship however the items were worth less than $20 and it costs us $146 to ship. This was also not the hotels fault, however we asked that prior to shipping they provide us with a price for shipping. This was not done and when I called the manager to ask about shipping he stated that they are Fairfield, not FedEx, he even asked me, “Did you see FexEx on the door when you walked in the hotel?” I felt completely belittled when I got off the phone with him.

• Written August 20, 2009

• jdubs profile photo jdubs
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Downtown Clarkesdale: Anyplace you can find in clarksdale, ms

Subject- Juke Joint festival in clarksdale, MS, United States

I stayed at some local dirtbag hotel. There are dozens of them for between 10 and 30 american a night... no ***....

Background:

Clarksdale is one of the most unique blues communities in the world. This area is currently undergoing (sometimes forced) racial desegregation, and the area still has a serious "flavor" of imbalance and intolerance by both sides of the coin. There is a certain tension created by this environment, and it creates blues that thousands of people travel the globe to experience. The environment her has created some of the most independent and improvisational blues performances I have ever seen.

Culture:

The blues museum, art museum and local theatre. The casinos on the river provide a much needed return to civilization. Great buffets, shows, and drinks. Furthermore, the culture is completely loaded with art and energy. (see above) There are many art galleries that have opened downtown that are great. The expression voiced by the locals in these communities are stunning, and compared to my home towns (Boston, L.A.) seriously affordable. In addition, the colors, styles, and mediums utilized by the artists and others that you see in these exhibits will leave your big city friends speachless. These ideas simply do not exist north of dixie, or west of the mississippi.

Food:
+Medidi- A three star restaurant in the middle of nowhere. Owned and run by Morgan Freeman.

+Ground Zero-Another Freeman based venture, great blues, questionable food, and cheap booze. Check it!

+Great Food-
Spicy sweet BBQ'd beef and pork, slaw and grits. Unreal

+Great Music-
Great blues on every street corner. In addition to this I saw B.B. King, Big Jack, and other big name blues artists without paying a cover, and had the opportunity to mesh with the locals.

Music Notes: Best of the Juke Joint Festival

Red's has many world famous guests on a completely random basis. Artists may include personalities ranging from Big Jack Johnson, B.B. King, and “The Poet”. This is far and away the best juke joint you will EVER see in your life. Despite the minimal risk for intelligent tourists, if you are polite and generous you will be completely safe and completely psyched!

I left the Juke joint festival with a fully signed poem from "The Poet", a world famous saxophonist based out of Boston, with autographs by Big Jack and others: AWESOME. I also left the festival with a new respect for the local African American community, and the struggles they have faced. The artists and blues museums showed me that the origin of the blues in not nessicerily based on race, but on ones experience, this concept has impacted my own playing mightily.

This was by far the most influential and important blues experience I have ever had, and will ever have in my life. It was unreal. Regular performances include unbelievable Live 3-6 hour sets that are completely improvised, but don't take my word for it.
As a side note, if you can play, you can grab an axe when someone gets tired and get a piece of the glory. How many people can claim to have played with Big Jack!? I saw several players from Europe that had the stones to jump in and go.

Original albums:

"Child support"
"New Roof".

I'm not sure if these cd's are publicly available, or if they were one timers, but Red and the guys were doing their best to sell them the night I was there. I feel that these titles give the idea of how this joint works. Simple, straight to the point, and totally real.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Historical Travel, School Holidays
  • Written November 10, 2007

• M2swim profile photo M2swim
  • Reviews: 5

Beau Rivage in Biloxi

Pretty nice place to stay. Very similar in room design as the Bellagio, but the bathrooms are not quite as large as the Bellagio. Restaurants in the hotel are fair to good. Hard Rock Hotel and Casino opened up around July 4, 2007 next door, so you can walk to another casino.

I would stay there again.

Mark

Allows visitors to golf at Fallen Oak, their private golf course. Nice experience. About a 45 minute drive from the casino.

• Related to: Golf, Casino and Gambling