Howard Johnson Inn Biloxi Ocean Springs

7412 Tucker Road, Ocean Springs, Mississippi, 39565, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • You get what you pay for. This place is proof.

My wife and I went down to the Mississippi gulf coast for our one year anniversary. We stayed 3 nights in Ocean Springs and spent one whole day in New Orleans. We were looking for a relatively inexpensive to stay, as money was definately a factor in our decision. We thought the Howard Johnson name was well known enough as far as Hotels go, so we decided to give it a shot. Well, like my dad always taught me, "You get what you pay for". The place was decent enough, I guess. Clean, for the most part, except the 2 or 3 long hairs that we saw on the "clean" bed sheets when we were turning down the bed. They only gave us 1 roll of toilet tissue. I went to the front desk and asked for a couple more rolls and they would only give me one. Our card "keys" to get in and out of our rooms quit working the 2nd day. I had to take them back to the desk and get them reprogrammed. They said it happened because the card keys were too close to a cell phone or a credit card. That may be, but I've certainly never had it happen before. Also, one night we stayed in and ordered Pizza Hut. The delivery girl called our room when she arrived and said the person at the front desk was being a jerk and would not let her in to take it up to our room. I had to go all the way outside to get it. The bed was a kingsize. Plenty big enough, and soft at first, but it was deceivingly uncomfortable. Both my and my wife's backs were killing us each morning. The walls were very very thin. We were trying to turn in early (around 9pm) and could hear people laughing and talking very clearly through the walls on both sides of us. There was only a shower, no bath. Water pressure was okay, water temperature too. Shower stall was nice and big.

Unique Quality: They had a nice pool, which we didn't have a chance to swim in.

The Hotel was close to Biloxi, about a 10 minute drive.

Directions: Off I-10, take the Ocean Springs exit, they are about 1/4 mi. on the left, next to Waffle House.

Comments