1010 Casino Center Dr, Robinsonville, MS 38664
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Gold Strike Casino Resort

Recent trip

Just returned from Tunica. We stayed at the Gold Strike with back to back specials of two nights for $109 with $50 in food certificates. Great deal and the certificates could be used at any of their restaurants or for room service. Had nice rooms and good food. Highly recommend the Chicago Steakhouse there. Horseshoe next door also has excellent food. Great food at Yasmine's (oriental) and Benions's Steakhouse there. Could not believe how run down and dirty the Sheraton was. Bally's had loosest slots and great cocktail service. The check in at the Gold Strike was smooth and friendly. Actually, that was the last friendly service we received for the next four days. All the casino staff in Tunica must have taken lessons in poor service, without a smile. Very few open windows to cash out coins and the people acted like you were really putting them out to take care of you. Lots of people commented on it and we decided no one liked their jobs around there - even extended to dealers and waitresses. In spite of rudeness, we had a great time. Golfing was excellent at River Bend, but had to stay on cart path at National Golf and made for a lot of walking.

had a great time

we stayed at the goldstrike the day after christmas 2003 and had a great time. the rooms were clean, the food was good and i won some money. i wish they would put small refridgerators in the rooms though so we could have something cold to drink.

We really enjoyed our trip to the Gold Strike

We enjoyed the hotel being connected to the casino, so we did not have to take a shuttle, as you do with many of the other casinos in this area.
The service was good and the food outstanding.

Not very impressed

The room was an average sized motel room, reasonably clean. Problem: in the mornings the cleaning crew was very noisy. I am an early riser, but it was annoying for me to be rudely awakened at five in the morning to the raucous sounds of the cleaning staff gossiping loudly back and forth, banging their buckets and carts around. This was during my minivacation and I wanted very badly to sleep in to at least six a.m.

The pool and spa area had no towels the first two times I visited. The third time we came early enough in the morning, thanks to the cleaning crew, and found towels in the rack.

The food in the buffet was very ordinary. Would not choose that again. The Atrium Caf´┐Ż was okay, since we were comped meals there, but would not spend my money on the fatty, gristly prime rib.

I would return only if the room price was way below the $109.00 for two nights winter special.

have always enjoyed staying here

we have stayed at the gold strike several times and have always had a great time.i dont know what prime rib the other person had but everytime ours has been great and my husband is a picky primerib eater.the breakfast buffet is great and the dinner one on the weekend is wonderful.we have stayed at a few of the other casinos there and have always went back to gold strikethe only compplaint is that they dont send you comps things in mail like other ones do ballys and sam is best at that.ballys has the best slots and alot of penny ones

Some good, some bad

by TripAdvisor Member livewireworld

We spent a couple of nights here and were not overly impressed. The exterior and lobby are beautiful, but the rooms very basic and very dark! This is certainly not a luxury hotel. Nice views from upper floors though. Service in the food court is horrendous. I was fifth in line and waited 40 minutes for a hamburger. Buffet was below average with only a few edible items. Casino is attractive, but no full-pay video poker. Tables pretty full. Convenient parking in the deck. Smallest indoor pool I've ever seen. Best thing is it is right next to the Horseshoe and Sheraton giving you plenty of meal & casino choices.

won't go back

We went to the Goldstrike Casino in Tunica on 6/26/2004 expecting to stay for 5 nights but the people working there were so rude we checked out after our 2nd night and flew back home. I asked the housekeeper for extra towels and was told to call down to housekeeping to get them,the first night, the people in the next room kept us up alnight with their partying, slamming doors, yelling and so on,and when I complained at the desk, I was basicly ignored! The buffet also wasn't very good, poor service and cold food! When I checked out and talked to front desk, it was like "oh well" they didn't even care! I even had to pay for the 3rd night that we weren't even going to stay. (I checked out very early in the morning). This was our very first and last trip to the Goldstrike and to Mississippi also!!!!!!!

Gold Strike

by TripAdvisor Member HDTRAVELER

This hotel goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. This was one of the greatest hotels that we have stayed at in a long time. The restaurants in this casino are wonderful. The rooms are spacious, extra clean and very comfortable. The check-in process is quick and easy as well as the check-out. If you like glitz and glamour this is a great place. (not Las Vegas, but, the payouts are better)

Bad attitudes

Stayed at Goldstrike Oct31-Nov4 2004. Can count on 1 hand the courteous people there. Hotel is very pretty, food is good, slots payed off good but the cashier cage employees were absolutely rude. I felt as though I was intruded on their time to ask for change. Very disappointed & did not make me feel like a welcome guest at all. Took my gambling $ elsewhere.

great place!!!!

Stayed at the GS 9/07/04, Great place I've stayed at most of the casinos here but this is by far the best. Horeshoe is a close second, both are very nice.

Comments