13615 Old Hwy 61 N, Tunica Resorts, Mississippi, 38664, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• Not good!!!

We stayed at Harrah's Tunice Terrace over New Years for 3 nights in a suite and were very disappointed. The room decor is faded, worn and has obviously not been updated since the 50's. No shampoo, conditioner or lotion available unless you beg for them. The windows looking out onto the lake and parking lot were so dirty that you could hardly see out of them. Two of us stayed in the room...my husband and I. They only had two of each bath towel, hand towel and washcloth available. We requested more but when they cleaned the room they took the extras and left two of each behind. I wrap a towel around my long hair after showering, which was the reason for the request. We had coffee and bagels in the lobby cafe one morning. While seated I noticed how filthy the place was. Dust bunnies everywhere and the glass in the display cases looked like it had never been cleaned. Staff in the cafe was unfriendly and rude. Additionally while walking through the lobby, with the sun shining in the windows, you could tell the floor had not been cleaned in a very long time. Dust and debris everywhere. A real turnoff. If this is the stuff they let you see you have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes. We will definately think twice about staying there again.

More about Grand Casino Tunica Hotel & Resort

The Worst Hotel I've Ever Stayed At!!!!

Where do I begin! First off, I travel extensively to different states and countries so i decided to give 'The Grand' a try instead of Las Vegas for a change. Lesson learned; Always follow your first instinct!!!! My room was at the Veranda and what a dump!!!! The carpet was in serious need of replacement, cobbwebbs in the bathroom, grossly stained furniture, stained walls, broken fixtures, and get this, the shower curtian was infested with mold from top to bottom!!!! I called down to the front desk and there was not a manager or supervisor available until the next morning. They sent housekeeping to inspect the room and the nice lady (Dorothy) could not believe her findings. She was just as grossed out as I was. The hotel was at full capacity as I was offered another room at MIDNIGHT!!!! Luckily I did not have to pay for this dump, at $159.00 PER NIGHT, as I finally spoke to a manager the next day. I did venture over to the Hollywood Casino which seemed to be the most popular casino in Robinsonville. I had a great time there!!! The Grand casino is the worst I've been to. Not too much of a variety of slots for what's suppose to be the largest casino there. The only thing that's 'okay' about this place is the buffet upstairs. Thank goodness I ate before seeing the room!!! All in all, I would never stay at this place again. Just read the other reviews, it's all bad for a reason. This place sucks!!!! Las Vegas, HERE I COME!!!!!

In defense of the Grand in Robinsonville, MS

Just read a review from a person who cakked The Grand a dump...

After staying there several, several times in the last five years it
offended us to hear someone make these bad statements about the
Grand. I don't believe you could find a better place to stayanywhere
in Robinsonville, MS. We have been very, very pleased with all our
stays at the Grand and so have our friends. Maybe no one can please
this person or they are just looking for something to complain about.
Maybe they should stay in Las Vegas. I have been to Las Vegas
several times and know what is there, and the Grand in Robinsonville
is just as good as they are there.

Loved the Terrace

by TripAdvisor Member mcordry

Ok, here goes! I had read all of the reviews of the Grand Terrace and the Grand Casino and I would have probably never booked the hotel based on the reviews, but my travel agent got me a real good package deal and I thought I would give it a try. Well let me just say, that I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed at the Terrace and the hotel was beautiful, I did ask for a upgrade and they do have them, but they run from $50-$100 more per night, so I just stayed in the regular room. The room was very nice. Granted the casino is a shuttle ride away and I usually like to stay at a hotel that is connected to the casino, but I have to say that we never had to wait more than a minute or 2 for the shuttle. As far as the casino is concerned, we took the $1.00 shuttle to all of the other casinos and I was very happy with the Grand and after seeing the other hotels and casinos I was even more happy with my choice. The buffett at the Grand rivals any in Vegas or Atlantic City and the price is reasonable. We had some meals included in our package, but the other meals we got comped, and believe me we are not high rollers. So be sure to get a connection card when you go and check your comps all the time, we also got a little money back. As far as people saying that the staff was rude, I didn't find that at all, everyone was very nice and polite and helpful. The only problem I had was that we wanted to rent a car to drive into Memphis and the Enterprise counter has a phone that you reserve on, so we did, and it took them over an hour to deliver us a car the next day, but that is Enterprises problem not the Grand. So overall a great experience, and I will return many times. They have a customer for life.

best in the business

hi my husband and i stayed at the grand casino for our honeymoon night b/c our real honeymoon wasnt until the following weekend.
we when arrived we had instant services and a beautiful room women by the name of georgia took care of everything anyway we stayed at the grand for 1 night and ate breakfast the next morning and it was wonderful i would like to give a special thanks to georgia chef willy and any other person that made that night possible

Loved The Veranda!

My husband and I spent his Birthday this year at the Grand Casino and The Veranda Hotel and we LOVED it! I read some of the reviews here and could not believe some of them. The staff was friendly. Our check-in went fast and smooth. We had no problems with our reservations. This was the nicest Hotel we have ever stayed in and we travel a good bit. The hotel was very tastfully decorated. The Lobby has huge beautiful fireplaces to sit by and little coffee shop and a bar area. The have a great gift shop with a very nice lady that works there. You have to use your keycard to use the elevator and I really liked that security feature. Our room was very big with a balcony overlooking the water and the Golf Course. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The bathroom and tub were larger than normal and clean! Our checkout went very well. We ended up paying just over $60. for a room that was reserved for a price of $120 a night.
We did not use the free valet service but it did look like it was backed up a bit, but it Was raining that day. The only complaints I really have is that we could hear the people snoring and ummm well.. ;) in the next room and room service could be affortable to all and not just the rich. Other than that we had a great time even if we didn't win any money!

Comments