1021 Casino Center Dr., Tunica Resorts, Mississippi, 38664, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Costs 113% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Horseshoe Casino and Hotel

Great first time at the Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member AArkie

I'm a frequent visitor to the Tunica area casinos as they are a lot closer and cheaper than Las Vegas. I normally stay at the Grand but had received a comped room from the Horseshoe so me and a friend took an impromptu trip. We arrived about 30 minutes before check in time but were quickly and friendly checked into a room on the 8th floor. (I noticed that a lot of reviews complained about requested room availability. The earlier you arrive the better chance you have at getting the room you want.) The non-smoking room was very nice and large with a separate seating area with a couch and chair. There was a large mini-fridge in the entertainment center and an oversized tub and television in the bathroom. All of the staff, including dealers, was friendly and there was a security guard checking room keys for access to the elevators. There check-out time is noon and was appreciated after a long night in the casino. The nice thing about the Horseshoe is its location. It is right between the Goldstrike and the Sheraton casinos. This is the only real area in Tunica where you can walk easily to other casinos. The only other place is the Hollywood, Sam's Town and Resorts but they are not as close as these are. Although you really can't compare the Tunica area casinos with Las Vegas we had no complaints with our stay at the Horseshoe and would stay there again.
(Note: Please excuse the quality of the pictures as I only had my camera phone.)

Truly Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member TheBuick

I visit Tunica 2 to 3 times per year. This was my first stay at the Horseshoe. I was soooooooo looking forward to this stay. Wow! The room was horrendous. It actually made me itch. I have been told if I was a high roller I would have been given much better accommodations. High roller or no, no one should have been placed in that room. I'm not a snob by any means but I do expect to leave home and get accommodations at LEAST at the level of my own standard of living at home. The floor could not have seen a vacuum cleaner or shampooer ever. The sheets, blanket, comforter and pillows were stained and/or had holes. The furniture was worn and the restroom had mold and mildew stains. No I am not a high roller but I do make a very sizeable deposit in all Harrah's properties "slots". A maid was sent to clean the room since they were booked (Whatever! I know they were not truthful). She put all new everything on the beds -- I couldn't have stayed otherwise. I quit staying at Fitzgerald's because they were starting to go downhill. The room at the Horseshoe made Fitzies look like the Taj Mahal. My parents room was just as bad. WHY??? There is no excuse!!! From this point forward, I will stay at the Hollywood, Sheraton and Gold Strike only. Unfortunately they were booked. I am amazed at the Horseshoe in Tunica because I have stayed at the one in Shreveport several times. Talk about night and day. I was afraid to eat there after dealing with room - I can only imagine what was in that kitchen. A positive: EVERYBODY was smiling, great customer service everywhere I visited in the hotel, including the security guard posted at the elevators and the grounds keepers.

Fabulous buffet at the Horseshoe!

by TripAdvisor Member mespos

Although my husband and I have not stayed at the Horseshoe, we would certainly recommend their buffet! The quality and variety of food was tremendous! We might very well rate it to be the overall best and biggest buffet in Tunica although several others are excellent as well. We especially liked the meatloaf, macaroni n' cheese, the asian station (great rice noodles!) and just loved the dessert bar; especially the strawberry shortcake, frosted with real whip cream! Only negative is the entrees are not labeled with a description of what the dish was. Most of the time; one would know what the entree is but not always. Comps are generous!

Loved the Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member gleas

My wife and I just spent 5 nights at the Horseshoe, Tunica, our first visit there. We were upgraded to a suite, at no extra charge, because some of the regular rooms were being renovated. The room had 3 televisions, large couch, chair, writing desk, king bed, and georgeous tub and whole bathroom. No smoke smell.
The casino was great, and most of our meals were comped. I only played 10 dollar blackjack for about an hour, some slots, and my wife played slots. We even hit 2 jackpots. The whole staff could not have been any friendlier.
The Sheraton, Grand Casino, and Gold strike were also very nice, although we did not stay at any of these but played there a lot and also got food comps.
The rest of the casinos were fine and we had a nice trip.Once you learned the shuttle routes, you were no more than a half hour from the farthest, most 10 minutes. Two clusters of 3 casinos each you can walk to. We would go back.

was not impressed

by TripAdvisor Member uniquegirl

when i made the reservation, i asked if there were an indoor pool or hot tub, and was told that there was only an outdoor pool, but room had an oversized bathtub. well, we were expecting something like a spa,it was a tub! the bath mats were rolled up on the toilet . it just was not what we had expected. in the casino, we went to the sandwich shop for alight lunch, and had to clean our own table. in the casino, if you wanted a drink, they were free, but good luck getting a waitress to wait on you. the bartenders won't give you a free drink and you can't find a cocktail waitress. not impressed. and if you play in the day or morning and want a cup of coffee, forget about it! the only people that are friendly are the security people and the valets. we will not stay there again. we will stay at the gold strike!!! the horseshoe hotel and casino is not worth the money or time!!!!

Food to Die For/From

by TripAdvisor Member pRIdenative

Took a side trip from Nashville,TN to Tunica Casinos. Stayed and gambled at the Gold Strike but had very late breakfast which turned to lunch at Horseshoe Casino buffet. The fruit was nicely displayed,very fresh and juicy sweet. Made to order omelette and bacon was perfectly prepared. The desserts were too irresitable even for a diabetic who knows better. Can't get that chocolate with rasberry swirl parfait out of my mind.
When the lunch came out I took a look but was too full to eat anything other than a salad. However, I was amused and aghast that they fried practically 3/4 of the food. Ever heard of deep fried french toast, corn-on-the cob, string bean, okra,turnovers? The size of the sweet potato they served could serve 4 people. It was huge and I did not see server or utensil to portion it down.
I enjoyed my meal and feasted my eyes.

Can't Wait to Go Back!!

by TripAdvisor Member Maypo

LOVED this hotel!! Had an offer from Sam's Town for two free nights stay, but after looking at the pictures on the Website, decided to pay $79 a night to stay at the Horseshoe. Sam's Town looked like a regular Holiday Inn room and the Horseshoe looked much more upscale - and I can say that our room looked exactly like the picture! The only thing that was "wrong" was that they didn't have a king room ready at the time we checked in, so accepted the two Queen room instead.

The room has a large flat screen HD TV, a mini fridge hidden in a home like cabinet, a mirrored wall that was elegant, not sleezy. The bathroom also felt very homey. Counterspace wasn't over-abundant but it felt like someone's home, not a hotel.

We went to Tunica for the cheap gambling ($5 blackjack) and weren't disappointed. Found it EVERYWHERE at ANYTIME. And the best part.....after playing at a table for an hour or two, all you had to do was ask if you had earned a meal and they would say "for how many?" and would give you two free meals without any questions! We spent 3 nights there and never spent a penny on food!! We got 4 free buffets at the Horseshoe and one breakfast at the snack bar, free breakfast at the Sheridan and free lunch at Fitzgeralds (where I was playing $.50 roulette for about 45 minutes and walked away after breaking even). The Horseshoe Buffet was EXCELLENT, the breakfast at the snack bar and breakfast at Sheridan's Reno restaurant was good and Fitzgerald's coffee shop lunch was mediocre.

At the end of our stay, we asked a casino host if we qualified for any comps on our room. I understood her to say that they like you to bet an average of $25 per hand for 4 hours - (whereas we probably averaged $10 a hand for 6-7 hours a day) but she would comp us one night due to the quantity of time we played. We were happy!

Good news/bad news is that upon returning home (an 11 hour drive), we had an offer in our mailbox for 2 free nights at the Horseshoe and $60 in free play money!! RATS. Guess we'll have to go again before June!

Love the Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member ashevalley

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Horseshoe. We were comped a very nice king suite-separate sitting area with a very comfortable sectional sofa, 3 tv's and a marble bathroom. The king bed was soft and very comfortable. Loved the room.

The Horseshoe buffet has always been my favorite in Tunica. The breakfast was always good this time, but the dinner buffets seemed to be declining a little. Food was just not as good it seemed. The desert bar was wonderful.

I actually won close to 3000.00 our first day. Being the generous person that I am, I did let them have most of it back before we left. At least we played on that money instead of what we brought.

Visisted the Sheraton, Gold Strike, Fitzgeralds, and the Grand. No luck at any of these.

Looking forward to our next trip in the fall.

Enjoyed our stay at the Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member ALJogo

We booked our room on short notice so we had to pay a higher price for the room but it was well worth it. We arrived before the check in time of 4:00 but the clerk was happy to find us a room that was ready. The room was in the newly remodeled area of the hotel. The room was extremely comfortable with a Beauty Rest Mattress and a huge flat screen TV. The bathroom was marble with just a very nice and cozy feel. Every person we encountered from the hotel registration to the casino staff were so nice. The convenient snack bar food was great and had a great price. The one thing I was not too impressed with was the breakfast at the buffet. But overall we had a great experience at the Horseshoe and will definately go back.

I love the Horshoe So much...

by TripAdvisor Member SunnyAL

that I am certain that I will always stay there whenever I am in Tunica. The staff was ultra friendly, the slots were great, the buffet was suffienct --even at midnight! I reserved a king but ended up with a double, but my disappointment was short lived. My room was beautiful, and the plasma TV was a nice touch. Besides, I didn't spend much time in my room anyway. And it was centrally located between Gold Strike and the Sheraton, and you could get there by foot. I can't wait to go back.

Comments