Tunica Hotels

• TravellerMel profile photo TravellerMel
  • Reviews: 701

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Harrah's Veranda Hotel: Harrah's Veranda Hotel

We had an issue checking in (they said I had cancelled the reservation; I told them I had not. 20 minutes later, we had a room, but a bad taste in our mouth to start off our weekend).

Once in the room, it was lovely. Large, elegant - loved the big, flat-screen TV! Bed was comfortable, and the view was very nice. The room was comped when I booked it (I got 2 free nights for playing at Harrah's on my Total Rewards card), so I don't know how much it would be otherwise. I would give it another chance - snafus happen...

42" flat screen TVs (very nice!), refrigerators. Our room had a lovely view of the lagoon and golf course. NOT attached to the casino, but shuttles come by every 5-10 minutes to take you to the casino. Gift shop and cafe by the lobby.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Casino and Gambling
  • Written January 23, 2012

Room 23027

• TravellerMel profile photo TravellerMel
  • Reviews: 701

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall: Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall

We were comped 2 nights at Sam's Town, based on previous play. The room was large and very nice - the decor felt elegant and I really liked the large, flat-screen TV. The bed was very comfortable, and let me tell you, the blackout curtains WORKED - I slept until 11 am on Saturday!

We were at the end of the hall on the 5th floor - it was very quiet. But just ride the elevator down to the 1st floor, and you were at the casino, with all the noise, activity, and smoke. Luckily, our (non-smoking) room was fresh and carried no smoke odor.

It was nice - I would stay there again, especially if we were comped rooms again! Of course, since we played in the casino, they made their money back...

• Related to: Road Trip, Casino and Gambling
  • Written August 29, 2011

Sam's Town Tunica

• KRC11 profile photo KRC11
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Samstown hotel & casino: A good place to stay

Good clean rooms. Pool and hot tub..Motorhome and camper lot.
I enjoy the poker room,lots of space and tournaments.

They have several handicapped rooms with roll in showers.
3 resteraunts and 1 snack bar.

• Related to: Golf, Casino and Gambling, Family Travel
  • Written February 7, 2007

• PinkFloydActuary profile photo PinkFloydActuary
  • Reviews: 871

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gold Strike Casino: Tallest building in Mississippi

It's hard to beat casino stays - the rooms are generally great values for the price, and the Gold Strike is no exception. The rooms are quite large - we had a King size bed, desk, sofa, and sitting chair and there was still plenty of room to run around in for the little one. Very large bathroom with a separate area for the toilet. Everything was clean and in tip-top shape. Several dining options within the building including a "food court" and a buffet. Very large registration area off from the casino, so you don't have to lug all of your stuff through the casino to get to your room. I found the staff to be professional, but I wouldn't go as far to say they were friendly. The Gold Strike is also in a complex with Horseshoe and the Sheraton, so there are other casinos within walking distance. After tax, the bill was only $70, so I would say it was a very good deal for what you get.

• Written December 1, 2006

• BuickMackane profile photo BuickMackane
  • Reviews: 204
Casinos plus chains and local motels: Countless rooms available all over the region

There are nine huge casinos that offer lodging, plus motels to handle the overflow because the casinos do sell out for special occasions such as live celebrity entertainment. Our first visit to this area was a day trip from Clarksdale, so we did not stay inside any of these hotels. We just peeked around before check-in time while the maids were still preparing guestrooms and the doors were open enough for us to see what type of accommodations were available in the casinos.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Casino and Gambling, Road Trip
  • Written August 13, 2005

Car driven by Elvis-Hollywood Casino

• Kiisu profile photo Kiisu
  • Reviews: 138
Hollywood Casino/Hotel: Tunica's Casino Hotels

My friend had a room comp, and we were quite happy with the standard room. Of course, I'm easy to please - give me a hair dryer & a coffee pot, & I'm in heaven! The morning paper was even awaiting at our door the next morning. The one problem was they were out of non-smoking rooms, so we took a smoking room. That doesn't usually bother me, but the smoke smell was rather heavy & affected my comfort a bit. So, if you really want a non-smoking room, make sure you make a reservation for one ahead of your arrival.

The Hollywood Casino/Hotel is nicely done. They did a good job decorating with movie memorabilia, and they even incorporated the Mississippi River as part of the Titanic & jungle decor. I never got around to checking out the rest of the hotel (I was too busy sweet-talking those one-armed bandits!), but my friend said the indoor pool area is nice.

• Written October 15, 2002

• RUFFLER profile photo RUFFLER
  • Reviews: 8

ALL CASINOS HAVE HOTELS ....

ALL CASINOS HAVE HOTELS . SEVERAL HOTELS /MOTELS IN THE AREA . MAKE RESERVATIONS DONT ASSUME AVAILABILITY. YOU MAY HAVE TO SLEEP IN YOUR CAR.
40.-150.00 A NIGH

CONSULT WITH FACILITIES ALL ARE DIFFERENT.

• Written September 7, 2002

• kahiwa profile photo kahiwa
  • Reviews: 127
We stayed at the Gold Strike...

We stayed at the Gold Strike Casino. We were quite impressed with the hotel, especially since we had never seen it before, but just booked the rooms based on the description on the internet. It's a refurbished former Circus Circus, and is quite impressive.
We paid about $79 for one night, in the off season.

• Written August 24, 2002