Chateau on the Lake Resort

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Chateau on the Lake Resort

Chateau Lake Lousie

by malibubarbie about Chateau Lake Lousie

$135 and up. Its a really old hotel that was renavated and is really beautiful now. They also have some really unique stores. Your also right by the Lake that is really pretty. And there is skiing and snowboarding only 20mins away.

Pricey but enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member housue

Our stay at the Chateau was short but sweet. Chateau on the Lake is a large atrium style Resort/hotel on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO. For our one night stay, we booked a Jr. Suite with a small balcony overlooking the lake. The comfortable room was nicely done with beautiful fabrics and warm colors. The bathroom though large and well stocked with spa grade amenities could have used more light in the shower area and the balcony provided a nice view but was very small.

We visited the Chateau in Nov. 2005 and was able to see the 10-story atrium lobby nicely decorated with Christmas decorations. A highlight of the Christmas decorations was a large original signed sculpture of the Nativity by famed artist Fontanini.

I would recommend the Chateau for a relaxing stay away from the bright lights of Branson.

Great hotel, gorgeous views and great service!

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Branson and we had decided to try different hotels during our stay. Since it was off-season a lot of the attractions - and hotels - were closed. We stayed at two (not cheap) mediocre hotels with mediocre service and at the Chateau on the Lake. What a difference! Very nice and helpful customer service, friendly and in no way upitty staff (as often found in resort hotels of this caliber), great spa service. The view is incredible - we had a lake view room - but even if you didn't you would see the hills and forest of Taney County, which is worth the while as well. The property is beautiful, well maintained and worth a walk any time of the year. The Chateau is located outside the busy downtown area of Branson in a quiet and picturesque part of Branson right at Table Rock Lake. Yet it is located centrally enough to be able to get to any of the attractions incl. the caverns within a short amount of time. Some of the major roads and highways are nearby.

Yes, this hotel CAN get pricey, especially if you add special services such as a spa visit, but you can get great (and I mean great) deals and it is just worth the higher tag.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anybody who can somehow afford a few extra dollars a night for a great relaxed vacation. After all, how often do you go on vacation.

Best Weekend Ever!

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Chateau on the Lake Resort for our anniversary. It was fabulous. We've traveled quite a bit and have stayed at many places, but we felt that this was one of the best. We were impressed by the friendly service, the classic decor, and the impeccable cleanliness. The bed and linens were luxurious, and the views from our room were incredible. The indoor pool, which is open 24 hours to adults, was pristine, very warm, and large--perfect for a winter swim. In addition, we asked and were upgraded to a suite with a sitting area. We barely left the room all weekend. Usually, the first thing I do when we get to a hotel is remove the bedspread, and I always keep my shoes on. At the chateau, these precautions really weren't necessary because the room was so clean and pleasant--the photos on the website don't do it justice. We always had spa treatments (nice, but overpriced) and ate at the hotel restaurant (okay, but overpriced with few selections). Overall, we loved it and look forward to staying again.

Perfect for a quick getaway

by TripAdvisor Member seekingsun54

We just came back from a long weekend in Branson, and Chateau was a wonderful place to stay. It was far enough away from the 'strip' to give you some piece and quiet. Yet, still close enough to all the attractions so you aren't driving all day. Hotel rooms were beautiful, and very clean. Beds were comfy and had very nice sheets (I always judge a hotel on their sheets!). We didn't use any of the 'facilties', but they have lots of added extras if you have kids or want to go out on Table Rock Lake.

Perfect service

We just spent Memorial day weekend here. We would recommend it to anyone traveling to branson who wants great service and a comfortable stay. The lake views are great and would recommend it to anyone.

Hotel management only gives lip service.

Just returned from the Chateau in which I booked VP suite with additional attached room and major request was a view when reservation was booked 2 months in advance. The reservation desk told me I had a sweeping view of the lake. The VP suite was beautiful but my view was missing. Upon arrival I phoned the desk and was told this was all they had. Our rooms were located over the air conditioning/cooking vents and the noise was ongoing. I was never contacted during my stay even though I was in one of the top rooms. I lightly complained twice and was finally contacted after I left. The manager expressed his concerns and promised to take care of the matter by offering a free night stay if I ever was to return for the weekend within the next year. Two months later I have recieved nothing. The spa took a 20 % tip up front without my knowledge and let me tip in cash again for a pedicure. When I stay in top rooms and spend $800.00/night plus food, etc... I expect more satisfaction than I received. I plan to return to the area but will take my business to a different hotel. My husband and I would have given the Chateau another try and stayed 3/4 days but the management only gives lip service.

Chateau is the best in Branson by Far!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gaylanhendricks

I disagree with the last post. I have stayed at the Chateau for 5 years in a row. Like the last post, I also stay in a suite (however, I have also stayed in the regular rooms and they are just as beautiful). My view was of the marina and the mountains, which are absolutely beautiful. Corner suites are the best. I have always stayed in lake view rooms, but this year needed the two double beds. Management went above and beyond in taking care of me. They always have. Last year I had a gallbladder attack and ended up needing by gallbladder out, however, before all that was diagnosed, I thought I had the worst case of food poisoning. The management gave me a refund of my dinner for four even though they didn't believe it was the hotel food. They ended up being absolutely CORRECT! I have always said that if Branson got good shopping and a good spa, it would be the perfect vacation place. I travel extensively, so I don't say that lightly. The new Branson Landing and The Chateau Spa are fabulous. I would highly recommend Carole in the spa, she is worth 20% plus!. I, too, have never agreed with the taking of the tip prior to the service, but have talked with several spa techs over the years and was surprised to hear how many people really don't tip.

The rooms are awesome at the Chateau. There are not many hotels in the Branson area such as the Chateau. The Hilton is coming, but its view is of Lake taneycomo and then you have Big Cedar Lodge. I will continue to stay at the Chateau. All of the maids, bellmen, valet and front desk knew my name and treated me like I was a neighbor. Spend your money at the Chateau and you won't be disapppointed. I promise!

P.S.: I have been scared about some really awesome places, because of bad reviews and ended up having a great time. It really is a personal preference and you must use trip advisor for what it is "personal opinions".

Chateau is great.

by TripAdvisor Member llynh.

We stayed at the Chateau with my relative who was in a wheelchair. I called and made special arrangements. The concierge called me before we left to see if there was anything we needed. During our stay, everyone couldn't have been more helpful. They were personable and friendly. The phones were answered with our name. The housekeepers, bellmen, waiters, concierge, management, marina workers all made us feel very welcome.

We'll go back. It's a wonderful, beautiful, first class place to stay.

Luxury famlly experience!

by TripAdvisor Member dable

Wow what a spectacular resort! By far the best place to stay in Branson. We took our kids here for the July fourth celebration. What a find! The fireworks were amazing and with music to go along with them. The hotel offered silver dollar city passes which turned out to be a treasured memory with the children. Think twice about disneyland with silver dollar city and the ozark mountains! We pretty much walked onto every ride without lines. The crowds were minimal and the funnel cakes and taffy were fantasitc. The hotel had a beautful pool side and hot tub. Great work out facility, movie theater with free movies and popcorn each night. The Chateau spa was gorgeous and I highly recommend the stone thai massage 80 minutes with 1000 count egyptian cotton sheets! That is the life. They have paddle boats and canoes for free use. Free laundry facilities. Great food at restaurants though pricey. The boat marina rented skis and speed boat for our family for a reasonable price. The boat was just luxurious and up to date. We had a great trip and would absolutely highly recommend this area for a unique family vacaton site.

Comments