Grand Country Inn Branson

Grand Country Inn
Expedia.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Don't Stay

We stayed at Grand Country Inn in Branson, Missouri, the first weekend in August, 2010. I strongly believe that this is a hotel on the decline. To be fair, the deal we purchased was totally fulfilled by the Inn and the staff was friendly. When we called for more towels during the evening, they came in just a few minutes. However, hygiene and concern for customers was lacking. Much to my dismay, I realized that the bottom sheets on the two beds in our room were not fitted sheets. And, I found this by having my feet rubbing the cover on the mattress. The same cover that every other customer rubs their dirty feet on. The sheets were about 12 inches shy of meeting the end of the bed. When I asked the Front Desk about it, they asked the cleaning staff to check it out - and they reported that I was wrong and that all was well. So, I took pictures. I took the pictures back up to the front where the Head of the cleaning staff said she was sorry about that but they don't have any fitted sheets and this is the way they make the beds. And, she said that there is nothing they can do about it. I hadn't asked for anything but had hoped for some level of concern.

The other big issue that came up was that the rest of the rooms on our hall were up late into the night and felt that the hallway was their shouting area. While this is not the fault of the Inn, after four separate calls to them, they never got the other guests to hold it down. This lasted until about 2:45 in the morning and while the Front Desk apologized in the morning about it and initially said they would compensate us by giving us some discounts on the buffet that they have. They later said that the Owner decided against this and there was nothing that they could do about it.

Now, lets talk about the Water Park. While the park was fine, nobody checked people coming in or leaving the park and inside the building were a couple open doors which kids could easily leave (voluntarily or not). The sad thing is that there was a booth that had obviously been maintained at one point but clearly had not in a long time. Sadly, once the experience goes bad, you start noticing more issues - like how the shower head screamed when water was on and how the hair dryer overheated. I would recommend that you think twice about staying at Grand Country Inn because it is obviously not what it once was.

Unique Quality: Water Park great idea.

Directions: ON 76

• DO NOT STAY HERE!

Do not stay and the Grand Country Inn! I took my kids to enjoy Splash Country water park. We were greatly disappointed as many of the reviews are communicating. Although I made reservations, Grand Country went ahead and put others where I had made reservations. Where did they place me? In a better room, oh, no! The room was small; smelled badly; and the sheets and betting were very dirty. In regards to the swimming experience, the "life guards" were rude and hateful. This was a terrible experience and a waste of my hard earned money! Until this place devotes time resources on improving customer service and their facility, I highly recommend spending your money elsewhere. Certainly, you can find cheaper motels in Branson with much, much, much better customer service and cleaner facilities.

When I mentioned the rude and hateful attitude of the life guards, I was not speaking of one or two. Those positioned at the various places around the Splash Country water park acted as if they dreaded their job; hated kids; and had other things to worry or think about other than to provide an enjoyable and memorable environment for families. I observed life guards texting (shouldn't there be a policy for life guards to turn their cell phones off?). Two yelled at my daughter when she waded into the lazy river when she did not have a tube. When both of those two young ladies could have politely spoken to my daughter, they chose to speak horribly to her as if she was bothering others, cussing, throwing, or being a disruption to the environment. There were kids in the hot tub who were disorderly as they were jumping, splashing, and swimming in the hot tub. The facility supervision chose to do nothing about this. Overall, the environment was chaotic.

I do not hunt for bad things to say about anyone or anything. This is my first time ever writing a review for anything. However, this place was so dissapointing that I just had to write and tell as many people as possible. Don't give in to the flashy advertisements that you see through papers, tv, or the internet. Until this place changes the way it operates, spend your money at another lodging location. You will know when Grand Country Inn / Splash Country improves as soon as you see positive reviews consistently. Looking at the current reviews, there is consistency in poor experiences. Pay attention to what these indiviuals are saying!

Directions: Highway 76

More about Grand Country Inn Branson

Fun Fun Fun at the Grand Country Inn

We stay at Grand Country Inn at least once or twice a year. We prefer to stay in building 2 which is a reasonable (but uphill) walk to the water park. Staying in building 1 is better but about $10.00+ more per night. If you are staying only 1-2 nights always ask for Building 1 but we usually stay for 3-4 nights and the $40.00 plus makes it worth a walk to us.
Between the water park and building 2 is an indoor pool and hot tub that is open after the water park closes. Many times we close the water park down and then hit this pool and hot tub before going back to our room.
Be sure to bring bath robes and flip flops or you will be cold for the walk to any of the buildings from the water park. Also bring something plastic to put the robes in so that they don't get wet while you are at the park.
The water park is well supervised. You can even purchase food and drink there.
We have a 7 and 16 year old and they both enjoy the park. Our older child spends a good deal of time in the basketball pool. Our youngest loves it all. I love the lazy river and my husband the adult only hot tub (when the adult only aspect is inforced by staff).
After spending all your money around Branson it is nice to know you can go back to the hotel and the kids can entertain themself for the evening without having to spend another $50-$100. And if the weather turns bad the kids have something to do for the day and evening.
The rooms are clean but average. We do wish that the chairs (which are adequate) were nicer...perhaps a recliner in each room. When you are in Branson for 3-5 days us adults need a place to relax that is off the bed and more than a straight chair. (hint, hint)
Restraunt is fine. Pizza Place good. Ice cream parlor great. Gift shops nice. Complimentary Coffee or Ice Tea at all food locations is nice touch. Indoor mini golf great for rainy days. People are friendly.
Our youngest child will tell anyone who will listen that Branson is his favorite city, that he wants to live there..... at the Grand Country Inn.
We think is a great deal for the money. This is the only hotel we make a point of revisiting every year and referring people too.
We just booked our reservations for July 2005. FUN FUN FUN AT GRAND COUNTRY INN!

Ups & Downs

The Grand Country Inn had friendly service, clean rooms, and hot showers. The indoor water park was very good. On the down side, the beds were as hard and uncomfortable as any I've ever slept in. And, even though we would have loved to take advantage of the outdoor water park, the water was so icey cold that it wasn't usable. Only a very few hardy kids ventured into the outdoor water park during my three day stay--even though temperatures were well into the 90s. We thought we were tough, but we were on the lookout for polar bears!

Excellent for Our 4 and 7 Year Old Boys!!!

by TripAdvisor Member OklahomaSooner

Everything was great at the Grand Country Inn! We had read the reviews on here and were very sceptical about staying here for our reserved 4 nights. We had planned on staying 1 night and then checking out and moving to Plan B if it were bad. We were pleased from the minute we checked in. They were very friendly and very accommodating to our family. They placed us in Building 1 right next to their water park and we had also reserved a room with a King size bed with a pull out sofa. The room was way above our expectations and very clean including a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. We also requested a mini-fridge (they deliver it to your room) for a flat rate of $11.00 (including tax) for our 4 night stay.

I signed up for Branson specials on a website which sends you miscellaneous e-mail coupons. We happend to receive an e-mail from Grand Country Inn and it included an additional $5 off per night, a buy one get one free off of the indoor miniature golf and $10 off each person for the Pet Comedy show, all there at the Grand Country Inn. They give you a coupon for each one when you check in. You also get a pass for free coffee and tea at any restaurant or serving place at the hotel for your entire stay. This pass also allows you to get $1.00 off each person playing miniature golf each time after you use your other coupon.

Our boys LOVED the indoor water park. When you check in, they give everyone a certain colored wristband that snaps on and off in order for you to get in the water park free. If you are not staying there, they are $15.00 per person. Our boys loved the basketball pool, the 2 enclosed slides, the lazy river and the dumping bucket. It gives you a warning before it dumps so you can get out of the way if you don't want to get soaked. They also had 2 hot tubs in there. It was open until 10:00PM. There is another indoor pool and hot tub next to building 2 that stays open until midnight. It was nice too.

We also enjoyed the indoor miniature golf courses. They have 2 18-hole courses which are nice and air conditioned. We played a few games of that. In the same building they have an arcade room in which our boys played quite a bit.

They had a buffet restaurant and a pizza buffet restaurant. We ate at both of those. They were good. They also have shops with various crafts and items for sale. This place is really huge with separate buildings. Three hotel buildings, 1 building with the regular buffet, arcade, mini golf, show theatre and a shop. Another building with shops and the pizza buffet. Finally the indoor water park with an outdoor water park for smaller kids and an outdoor pool by Highway 76. It's convenient to the outlet shops and other restaurants making sitting on Highway 76 not as long.

In our opinion, this was a great place for our family to stay and had alot to offer.

Terrific complex !

by TripAdvisor Member bjoklahoma

Great place to take your family. Grand Country Hotel and Complex was terrific for our family. Our motel room (in building #1) was perfect and our 8 year old son loved the indoor water park. The motel room had been remodeled recently and the bedding and even the mattresses felt new and plush. It was great to eat, catch a show, play miniature golf, shop, and enjoy the indoor water park and pool without ever leaving the location. We did go to Silver Dollar City on a two day pass and thoroughly enjoyed all of the Christmas lights and singing. It was the first time for our son to go through the Marvel Cave and it was an awesome experience for him. We also ate and shopped in town and it was all great. Even though some things were closed for the season, we were able to do what we wanted. We want to go back for the Titanic and the Bird Show, both will be ready in the spring. I recommend getting a package through the Grand Country Inn and staying in building #1 as it is quite a walk to the waterpark from buildings 2 & 3.

Kids Loved this Place!

by TripAdvisor Member iflyd2

Road Trip with the Kids, 8yr and 10yr from Chicago area to Branson over spring break. I had read mixed reviews on various sites of the Grand Country and wasn't sure I really wanted to stay there. Decided to simply show up and check it out. The desk staff were great, answered my questions and booked us into building #2, even gave us a special "spring break price" and a discount to the Country Jamboree show. The kids had a fantastic time at the waterpark! The Jamboree show was very good and the buffet was much better than expected for both dinner and breakfast. The room was no frill. Guess I've been spoiled since most places now have coffee makers in the room but not here (wish it did)...the rooms could really be better than just ok.
Yes, we would stay there again. Yes, bring clothes to get back and forth to the waterpark....it is a cold walk up the hill to the hotel no matter what building you are in Lockers @ .50 cents and towels are in the waterpark,
tables & chairs are very limited. Go and enjoy!

convenient, but very average

Reasons to stay

1. WaterPark - great for the kids 5+. I have a timid 3 year old who was bored of the toddler area (much like the kiddie pool areas at nicer public pools), but not quite ready for the other indoor areas (the overhead dump in the treehouse is very scary for a kid not certain about putting their face under water).
2. Reastaurants - grand buffet and pizza buffet on site both gave us good healthy options at reasonable prices for infant and preschooler.

Reasons not to stay
1. very basic, average rooms.
2. indoor pool is in major need of resurfacing and remodel. On the first night of our stay, someone threw a potted plant in. We used the pool the next day when it had been cleaned, but were not comfortable it met health codes.
3. You're on the 76 strip - very crowded but convient to many attractions. The Branson area has some beautiful scenery, but you won't find it on the strip. I know I love spending beautful May evenings sitting outside our hotel looking at the pavement of a strip mall.

We'll be back to Branson next year; but we won't stay here. If you want to see the beauty of the area, try Big Cedar.

Kids scared to have fun because of lifeguards

Hotel staff nice and rooms very clean and nice great location.Check in went great and reservations were just as ordered rooms clean and neat. Went to outdoor pool nice setting. Had another parent tell me to watch out what you do in the water park or you would be whistled out by life guards. Went there with my son and was not there 5 min. and life guard was saying not to throw balls in basket area and not to dunk balls which no one there was doing and i blew it off and went back outdoors.Later my wife went in and was told not to hold onto tubes after she was in the lazy river and came back outside and thought i was joking when i told her what happend.Third night we all went and five miutes later were being whistled at for keping my two younger chilrens tubes close to me. told life guard we had been there 3 times and every time had been in trouble for trying to have a good time with my family.Left after talking to manager of park said he would try to lighten his life guards up at there weekly meeting.My family goes to the wisconson dells several times a year and have never had one of there life guards say anything but hi are you having a good time.So if you go WARN your childern because mine were scared to go to the WATERPARK.

Not worth the $$

This hotel is WAY over priced. I feel that $99./night is to much money for nothing. Our kids are ages 11 and 9. They were to old for the outdoor "waterpark". They did enjoy the indoor "waterpark" though. Every other hotel/inn that I have been to in Branson had a continental breakfast for their guests. Grand country does not. Nor do they have coffee pots in the rooms. The other complaint I had is: While we were staying there, our room was right beside one of the outdoor pools. I went out to smoke around 11 pm and a man was taking a bath in the pool. I mean this man was naked as a jail bird! I called the front desk, and they said they couldn't do anything about it, that I would have to call the police. Needless to say, my kids did not swim in the outdoor pool, or the indoor pools. Just the waterslide.
The only good thing I can say about Grand Country is that when we came back in the evenings, our room was clean. Other than that, I do NOT recomend this Inn to anyone.

Comments