Grand Country Inn Branson

See Amenities

Great place!!!!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 16, 2014

Here is the deal. I have high expectations for vacationing. If your 21-40 and have no kids than this is probably not the place for you. However if you have any children no matter their age this is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are not that impressive, but the are just fine. Your on vacation you shouldn't be in your room. The FUN ZONE is great for kids it's very family focused. The shows they have are fantastic. The waterpark does not have 30 slides, but it has some great stuff and its not crowded. The one thing that I can say that surprised is that I didn't see any "trashy" people staying here. Overall I WILL recommend this place to friends and family

Don't Stay

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 10, 2010

We stayed at Grand Country Inn in Branson, Missouri, the first weekend in August, 2010. I strongly believe that this is a hotel on the decline. To be fair, the deal we purchased was totally fulfilled by the Inn and the staff was friendly. When we called for more towels during the evening, they came in just a few minutes. However, hygiene and concern for customers was lacking. Much to my dismay, I realized that the bottom sheets on the two beds in our room were not fitted sheets. And, I found this by having my feet rubbing the cover on the mattress. The same cover that every other customer rubs their dirty feet on. The sheets were about 12 inches shy of meeting the end of the bed. When I asked the Front Desk about it, they asked the cleaning staff to check it out - and they reported that I was wrong and that all was well. So, I took pictures. I took the pictures back up to the front where the Head of the cleaning staff said she was sorry about that but they don't have any fitted sheets and this is the way they make the beds. And, she said that there is nothing they can do about it. I hadn't asked for anything but had hoped for some level of concern.

The other big issue that came up was that the rest of the rooms on our hall were up late into the night and felt that the hallway was their shouting area. While this is not the fault of the Inn, after four separate calls to them, they never got the other guests to hold it down. This lasted until about 2:45 in the morning and while the Front Desk apologized in the morning about it and initially said they would compensate us by giving us some discounts on the buffet that they have. They later said that the Owner decided against this and there was nothing that they could do about it.

Now, lets talk about the Water Park. While the park was fine, nobody checked people coming in or leaving the park and inside the building were a couple open doors which kids could easily leave (voluntarily or not). The sad thing is that there was a booth that had obviously been maintained at one point but clearly had not in a long time. Sadly, once the experience goes bad, you start noticing more issues - like how the shower head screamed when water was on and how the hair dryer overheated. I would recommend that you think twice about staying at Grand Country Inn because it is obviously not what it once was.

Unique Quality: Water Park great idea.

Directions: ON 76

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2010

Do not stay and the Grand Country Inn! I took my kids to enjoy Splash Country water park. We were greatly disappointed as many of the reviews are communicating. Although I made reservations, Grand Country went ahead and put others where I had made reservations. Where did they place me? In a better room, oh, no! The room was small; smelled badly; and the sheets and betting were very dirty. In regards to the swimming experience, the "life guards" were rude and hateful. This was a terrible experience and a waste of my hard earned money! Until this place devotes time resources on improving customer service and their facility, I highly recommend spending your money elsewhere. Certainly, you can find cheaper motels in Branson with much, much, much better customer service and cleaner facilities.

When I mentioned the rude and hateful attitude of the life guards, I was not speaking of one or two. Those positioned at the various places around the Splash Country water park acted as if they dreaded their job; hated kids; and had other things to worry or think about other than to provide an enjoyable and memorable environment for families. I observed life guards texting (shouldn't there be a policy for life guards to turn their cell phones off?). Two yelled at my daughter when she waded into the lazy river when she did not have a tube. When both of those two young ladies could have politely spoken to my daughter, they chose to speak horribly to her as if she was bothering others, cussing, throwing, or being a disruption to the environment. There were kids in the hot tub who were disorderly as they were jumping, splashing, and swimming in the hot tub. The facility supervision chose to do nothing about this. Overall, the environment was chaotic.

I do not hunt for bad things to say about anyone or anything. This is my first time ever writing a review for anything. However, this place was so dissapointing that I just had to write and tell as many people as possible. Don't give in to the flashy advertisements that you see through papers, tv, or the internet. Until this place changes the way it operates, spend your money at another lodging location. You will know when Grand Country Inn / Splash Country improves as soon as you see positive reviews consistently. Looking at the current reviews, there is consistency in poor experiences. Pay attention to what these indiviuals are saying!

Directions: Highway 76

• Free Parking
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Branson Travel Forum

Need advice about Branson, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Branson and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Branson hotel reviews