Settle Inn Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Settle Inn Resort

Settle Inn Branson, Missouri

by TripAdvisor Member HOWNICE5

After reading many negative reviews about Settle Inn in Branson I was pleasantly surprised. We bought a weekend package thru Stormy Point and the Settle Inn was recommended by the reservation staff. Most all the reviews were bad and I considered the fact that I would not be in my room that much and hoped for the best. The rooms were very tastefully decorated and clean. The beds were very comfortable and slept great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was packed since it was Memorial Day weekend, but we found it to be very quiet. The only negative I would add is the rooms are small, but we had two teenagers with us. The other is that the only light was lamp light and they were very dim. Otherwise, everything else was o.k.

Terrible Experience

by TripAdvisor Member brat101

The room was small. The bathroom even smaller.
The beds were very uncomfortable. We were unable to get a good night sleep due to sagging, uncomfortable beds.
The room had a horrible odor. Opening the windows did not help.(It was cold the 4 days we were there.) The management was informed and sent foot spray to the room. We would have left the first night, but we already had shows booked. We did leave a night early after our last show. We deceided to make the 4 1/2 hour drive home after the P.M. show,with us arriving home at 3 A.M. instead of staying one more horrible night there.

nice people, but bad rooms

by TripAdvisor Member mama4llama

We were booked into a smoking room, upon entering it the damp dog/smoke smell smacked me in the face and I ended up coughing until we could get a window open. We decided if we aired it out and then put on the air conditioning it would help. It didn't !!. When we pulled down the sheets to go to bed, there sat a bug. They were very accommodating about moving us to another room...saying they wanted to spray the old room. The new room smelled exactly the same as the first.....despite spraying it heavily with the maid's room freshener. Building B is for smoking + pets and that's a real problem. The main building didn't smell like that. The mattress in the second room was broken down, the top corner was torn away from the sides about 10" in each direction. They say they have completely remodeled..but it's the Theme rooms that they've done.
The TV in the huge cabinet is only @ 17", but the theme room it's a new 25-27". They say they have WIFI in all 3 buildings, but we could only connect in the main lobby. The same was true for others we spoke to..
The staff was very helpful and prompt to help out. They have two breakfasts...a free continental with cereals, rolls, muffins, juice and coffee. The other is in building B which is a hot buffet for $2.99 if you're staying in the hotel...this one is pretty good.

Don't waste your time or money

by TripAdvisor Member CrazyMom38

We arrived on a Tuesday and by 11pm on Tuesday night we had to ask for another room, ours was infested with fleas. My 5 year old daughter was ATTACKED as she stepped out of the bathroom. When I called to report the fleas to the front desk the lady had the nerve to ask if I wanted another room. Duh, of course we do. The hot tub was less than appealling. The bottom was very discolored and the fumes from the chlorine was so strong you could not stand to be in the hot tub. The size of the rooms was also very disappointing. You could not even walk around if the bottom doors of the armoire were open. The size of the armoire itself is large with a VERY small television inside. The bathrooms are only about 15 inches deep. My husband is 6'1 , 250 and he had to stand in the tub just to have enough room to shut the bathroom door. We were guests of this hotel through Stormy Point Resorts and we were told this was a 4 star hotel. We were very misled and we will not recommend this hotel to anyone. We won't make this mistake again.

Better than Expected

by TripAdvisor Member Jesser78

Having used Tripadvisor before, I surprised myself when I didn't check out the reviews of this hotel until the day before we left. I was shocked to see this was ranked near the very bottom! I tried desperately to find another hotel nearby, but to no avail. We decided we'd try it out having heard that they had just undergone a complete renovation.

We had booked one of the theme rooms, the Camelot, at a discounted group rate which ended up only being $20 or so dollars more than a standard room, which I'm very grateful we ended up doing.

Check in was pretty standard as was check out. Though we couldn't check in early or even at 3 pm as they indicate. I found that was true for a couple of people in our group.

We were delighted to see that our room was in the same building as the lobby on the first floor but at the end of the hall. Traffic was pretty light and I rarely heard any outside noise.

Walking into our room was a pleasant surprise, except for the overwhelming smell of rose-scented air freshener. I ended up having to bag that up quickly and tuck it away - it was just too strong for me. It took a day or so for that to clear out. We cranked up the air (my husband has to have a cool room) and never once did we have any problems with the air. More people told us our room was an ice chest! Even with full capacity, the air never faltered.

The room was much bigger than I expected, though the decor was less than expected for a "theme" room. The theme is really just the painted mural on the wall, but the Camelot has stone facing throughout the room. I saw another themed room and they just had the painted wall. I had thought there would be more props or something in the room.

The bath vanity had just been replaced and was very nice. The room with the toilet and shower was a dungeon - you could hardly see anything it was so incredibly dark. I almost felt like I was in a high school locker-room shower. For the rest of the room being so nice, this was a definite downer. While I didn't experience it, a LOT of people complained about the shower temperature. If you took a shower during prime time, you got an ice cold shower. I took them early (around 7:30 or 8) and never had that issue.

Our room came with a mini-fridge and a little table with 2 chairs - it appeared the standard rooms did not. You had to pay for the mini-fridge in a standard room - though I don't know where you'd put it. Our TV was larger than the standard rooms. Size-wise our room was MUCH larger, something I really felt was a benefit, and another reason I'm glad we booked the theme room. The jacuzzi tub was my husband and my favorite part. We actually could BOTH fit it in and we're not small people by any means. My husband made an effort to soak in it at least once a day. It was very nice!

The location of the hotel is great - off the strip but still close enough to get to places. The 3 buildings make a grand entrance, but walking through them is not so grand - they seem dated, though I don't know what they could do to help that. While I didn't use them, the pools looked very small, but I saw they were open late. Parking didn't seem to be an issue for us. The continental breakfast wasn't the best I've seen. I did find it interesting there were jars sitting out for Tips for the Breakfast Hostess, but I didn't see her move once from where she was standing that whole time, so I don't know why one would tip her - does she do tricks that I missed? My husband went to the breakfast buffet that you have to pay for and liked it alot, but the room is very small for such a large hotel so it gets VERY crowded very quickly.

Overall, it was a better stay than I expected. I think we got a pretty good value for our money. I was DEFINITELY surprised that there wasn't a book in the rooms that you find at every single hotel I've ever stayed at, that gave you a map of the hotel grounds, places to see, etc. You were basically left on your own for that - surprising for an entertainment-type of town. Nothing happened to us out of the ordinary and I very well could see myself staying there again.

Probably not our favorite

by TripAdvisor Member NLTCLB

We just returned from a stay in Branson's Settle Inn. We did upgrade to a Theme Room - Jewel of the Nile - after reading all the negative reviews we were a little apprehensive. This wasn't the room we booked either, but they were convinced we should have this one - it's the most requested room evidently?? The room was nicely sized but very dark, no sheer curtains so the heavy dark drapes remained shut all the time as this room is on first floor. This hotel is all very dated. It's missing all the little things, even in the theme room. No safety chain lock on the door, no sign for maid service or quiet please, very limited toiletries provided, no insulated ice bucket so the cold makes it drip all over your countertop, no book in the room telling you anything about the place or suggestions of what you could do or where to eat or where to order pizza for room delivery. The continental breakfast was pretty much the minimums, and the tip jars for the hostess were funny because the other reviewer was right - she reminded us of the Walmart greeter except they say "hi" and "goodbye" and she didn't hand us anything!! There is a Hawaiian Musician during the continental breakfast too that really could be replaced with a soothing CD or silence!! The jacuzzi was nice, but NOT really for two people, even though it is booked as such. If you ask about Internet, they will tell you they have wireless Internet. The ONLY place it works is in the main lobby or the breakfast room right next to it. The laptop kept sensing there was a wireless connection but it can't connect in any rooms or hallways.....not very good policy in this day and age. We felt a little odd that there are three large buildings, one main desk in one building, and no locked doors anywhere. Anyone can drive in, park in the lot, go in the building, swim in the pool, etc., and never run into any staff person as far as we could tell. The bathroom is extremely dark and tiny. Thankfully the sink and counter is outside the door. It is close to being so small you need to step into the tub to close the door - that small! The hot breakfast buffet is on 2nd floor of the 2nd building to purchase if you desired - and was okay but not very hot food. And did anyone mention the noise? The 3rd morning of being awakened to noise above us by 6 AM we figured out that the breakfast buffet area is above the theme room we were staying in. There did seem to be a lot of noise with thin walls but the majority of that could be drowned out by keeping the air conditioning turned on high. That did work well!! It was an okay stay, but we will probably never stay there again. For the price, the amenities are somewhat lacking, including low thread count sheets and scratchy towels.

Definitely better than expected from these reviews

by TripAdvisor Member seaandsky9

I stayed at this property for 6 days and must say that it definitely was better than I expected. (at this point I should state that I travel extensively).

The reception desk was staffed with friendly, knowledgeable and efficient personnel who took care of personal requests (they do not have a concierge).

My room (double) in the "non-smoking" building (there is another building that allows smokers and pets) was clean and had updated vanity, bedspreads, pillows, etc. The room was ample and had a table with 2 chairs (good for notebook computer), TV, etc. Cleaning personnel was friendly and accommodating. They also have WiFi free of charge.

I would definitely stay there again as the location is great as is the price ..it is a relatively "quiet" property with ample parking and friendly personnel.

Keep up the good work !

ANOTHER Better Than Expected from These Reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Threebar

I booked this hotel through one of the Branson tourism groups mostly because it was pet friendly and close to many attractions. Then, after I read the reviews, I began to have second thoughts. I even called back and asked about the quality of hotel since I had read such bad things about it. I was assured that the property had been remodeled, and that they would move us to another hotel if the Settle Inn was not acceptable. I decided to try it.

And, I'm glad I did! Our room was a little small for two queen beds, but very clean and everything in good working order. Friendly staff at the front desk, in Housekeeping, in the restaurant, and in Security all seemed dedicated to making sure that we had a good stay (even taking into account what would make things easier for my elderly mother with a walker). Two small indoor pools and hot tubs (open until 1am!), outdoor decks, and a gazebo gave my husband and I places to relax after the shows.

I will note that the stylish new paint job coupled with the new dark carpet and bedspreads made our room a seem dark (especially for my mom). Yes, the bathroom is small, but I didn't go there to stay in the bathroom. The Wi-Fi was free, and the AC was cold and quiet (you might want to take a clothes pin to secure the curtains as they did billow a bit). If you take a pet, there is a $10 pet fee, and you have to walk a bit to find grass (but hey--I was supposed to be walking the dog anyway!). The $2.99 breakfast buffet was ample and hearty, but not exotic and we never saw the advertised "breakfast show".

Please don't think this is intended as a negative review; it is not! I am just trying to be honest and objective. All in all, the Settle Inn was a clean, safe, and friendly place. Apparently there has been a lot of effort put into remodeling the physical plant and hiring friendly and competent staff. I'd definitely stay there again (but, I'd take my own lightbulbs!).

Hotel Ok, Staff Incompetent

by TripAdvisor Member SteelHere

One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a hotel. We went with extended family, and in order to get the rooms and get them together, we reserved them under one debit card, mine. When we arrived, upon check in we and other family gave the staff the credit cards to charge, they scanned them and we confirmed that they would charge these cards not my debit we had reserved them with. Stayed there and the hotel is ok, we checked out and two days later, my bank account was wiped out for all the rooms we reserved. Even after other members of my family had presented credit cards and signed for their rooms. I was charged. Contacted the general manager and they have yet to rectify the situation. DO NOT STAY HERE. I will be uploading pictures to let you see the hotel.

Nightmare at Settle Inn

by TripAdvisor Member catMissouri

The rooms were very small. Wasp comeing in around air condition. Got moved to another room. Then it started to rain no big deal until rain came into closed window. Had to leave. So there fore we did not have a great time In Branson Missouri.

See my point?See my point?

Part of menuPart of menu

Comments