1984 State Highway 165, Branson, Missouri, 65616, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• OK For A Night

MAJOR CONSTRUCTION going on opposite the hotel upon arrival. However, it didn't impact us since we were only spending 1 night. The hotel building was in good condition externally. One of the auto-opening doors didn't. Inside, children were running up and down stairs from the lobby. The lobby was "tired" looking. I don't know how else to say it. Our room was adequate and clean. The pool area was filled (F-I-L-L-E-D) with VERY LARGE kids (a couple of 200lbs +) hootin' n' hollerin'. Ok, no big deal. Then we went into the dining area - UH-oh. Everything had the look of a worn out Vegas conference center with none of the ambience. There were only 5 tables being served (including us) and the room could easily hold 500 people. Still there were 2 dirty tables which didn't get picked up while we were there. The greens at the salad bar looked as tired as the room, although when we mentioned it to the waitress, someone came out and put "fresh" (well, "different" anyway) greens. The meals, on the other hand, were very good, but they didn't make up for the room.
    The young lady at the desk (upon our arrival) in the afternoon was extremely friendly and accomodating. Would I recommend friends stay there? No, and we don't have very demanding friends.

Directions: South of Branson on HWY 165.

More about Welk Resort Branson

Welk Resort, Seen Better Days

My family visited Branson on June 27th and stayed at the Welk Resort. We did not have a reservation but were able to get one of the last rooms available for $72.00 which I didn't think was a bad price. After reading some of the reviews before we left for our trip, I expected a lot nicer hotel than what we got.

Our room was average and seemed to be fairly clean. The air conditioner was leaking water on to the carpet and we later found in the middle of the night that when we put it on the low setting it made a rattling sound. The bathroom shower was horrible. It had extremely low water pressure and when we let the front desk know they just said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. The toilet seat was loose and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

They advertise that you can get a discount for the breakfast buffet and when I looked into it the discount was one dollar off the regular price, big deal! We decided on the buffet anyway since it was convenient and we were all starving. I found it to be average, at best. The bacon was greasy and the sausage seemed undercooked. Our waitress seemed to be more interested in talking to other diners than getting us our drinks. Like I said, it was convenient.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again, it's in desperate need of some revamping and TLC.

Welk is for the Lawrence Welk Generation

by TripAdvisor Member Foxglove2

Nothing special about this "resort". The hotel is showing it's age. That was not the only thing showing it's age..........there was no one there under 65!

We took advantage of Happy Hour in the lounge. $2.50 margaritas sounded great but we were the only ones in the lounge. The rest of the crowd was enjoying the "early bird special" in the adjoining buffet/dining area.

Lots of tour buses were loading and unloading at the Welk and all were full of senior citizens on tour. If you are over 65 this may be a great place to stay. We were not and did not enjoy the place. It was overpriced for what we expected. Every motel in town advertised rooms for $29.00 and I expect they were just as adequate as our room at the Welk.

Better choices available

by TripAdvisor Member Cruise,J.D.

I booked the Welk through Hotwire. When we arrived the night of December 8th, the hotel had no running water. According to the desk clerk, most areas to the south of Branson had no running water due to a ruptured main line. This was not the fault of the hotel; however, I do fault the hotel management for not handling this situation properly. The desk clerks were doing the best they could to deal with angry people. This is a situation where A MANAGER should be manning the front desk and offering assistance and/or comps. All that was offered was bottled water. In my opinion, management was throwing the employees to the wolves. Luckily, the water was restored the next morning.

As for the room, it was a nice size and clean. The bathroom was big, but had no separate heat or ventilation switches. The walls were pathetically thin; I could easily hear people talking in the hallway even with our television on. The hotel is also located quite a distance from the main strip which could be good or bad depending on your preferences. For the price of this hotel, I think there are several better alternatives.

Very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member JLarmie

I booked through Hotwire and have always been very pleased. When we arrived, the front desk staff said NOTHING about a water problem. I overheard some other guests talking about it, so I inquired. Apparently the issue was "resolved" and there should be no problems. (that's what I was told). Later that night, when we returned from Silver Dollar City and dinner, there was no water. None! I called the front desk and was told the water would not be back on until early morning.

I completely understand that the hotel had no power over the water main busting, but they could communicate to the guests. I saw several families coming in to check in during the ordeal and they were not told of the issue. Although, it was not the hotel's fault, you do expect certain things when you are staying in a hotel. Water is one of them. We couldn't bathe, brush our teeth, go to the restroom, or anything. It was truly inconvenient. The staff should have communicated the problem to each guest in its entirety.

The poor front desk clerks were overwhelmed with questions and complaints. I would imagine this would have been a fine time for management to step in and take some of the heat. Needless to say, not because of the lack of water, but because of how the situation was handled, I will not be booking a stay at the Welk Resort any time soon!!

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member Goldencouple

The service at this hotel was great! Every person we talked to was very friendly and helpful. The main lobby was nicely decorated and clean. The outside of the hotel was beautiful and the pool was a perfect size for when we used it.
The rooms were pretty small. One of the days we stayed, the room did not get cleaned and we had to call the front desk for more towels, which was really no big deal. I was really disappointed with the hotel room. The beds were comfortable enough, but once my family of four brought our stuff in, you could barely walk around the beds. (and it wasn't because we packed too much)
There is no included breakfast and we normally book hotels with this accomodation. They serve breakfast in the dining area for $6, but not really worth it. Also, they had a patio party dinner buffet and for $17/per person, it was all you can eat hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and steak medallions. Way over priced for the food, but there was some great table side entertainment. A magician came around at least twice to the tables and did magic. The kids loved it.
Probably won't stay here again, due to the rooms, but may consider it if they remodel.

Liked the hotel, Fire the Chef!

by TripAdvisor Member lvmygop

On our recent stay at the Welk Hotel in Branson, the hotel was clean and handy since we intended to see a show at the Welk Theater. The staff was helpful and friendly. The Stage Door restaurant however was another matter entirely. The head chef and restaurant manager should be immediately fired. The food was undercooked or horribly overcooked depending on the dish, and we waited 45 minutes for grilled chicken and pasta. Of course we were almost immediately sick and missed part of our show due to illness related to that meal.

Hotel's a bit outdated and the beds aren't the most comfortable, however it was very reasonably priced and so convenient for our needs at the time.

General Manager Not Receptive to Groups

by TripAdvisor Member SCBELL

As a group planner/leader, I brought a group of senior citizens to the
Welk Resort for a 4-night stay.

On the positive side, the hotel was in a great location - away from the hustle and bustle. There were several routes to take to avoid the
'strip' traffic from the property. The breakfast at the Stage Door was
great. We also enjoyed dinner at the Stage Door which had many meats, vegetables and a salad bar. Our banquet server was great! The lanai outside the restuarant provided a great meeting space for the group. The playground was nice and the walkways to the restaurant were beautifully landscaped. Donna in group sales was great. The reservation process was hassle-free. The front desk staff members were
accommodating.

On the negative side, the rooms are dingy and the beds were lacking (old mattresses with linens that did not fit). The beds were made with
flat sheets rather than a fitted sheet which crumpled underneath you while sleeping. The general manager was not accommodating of groups. He parked his personal SUV under the shade of a tree partially blocking the driveway (not in a parking space while many were available). This caused major problems for entering and exiting motorcoaches. (There were three bus loads from different companies staying at the property.) When I politley asked if he could move to make it easier to manuver, he proceeded to argue with me. He eventually moved (while obviously irritated and angry).

Because of the manger, Dathan, I will not bring a group to the property again. As an individual, be preapred to pay for an average room. Take advangtage of the restaurant. It is the shining star of the property. The Welk Theater and staff there were great.

Awesome Stay At The Welk Resort....

by TripAdvisor Member lincoln23

We just spent 3 wonderful days at the Welk Resort in Branson, Missouri. My husband and I do not get to go too many getaways since we take care of elderly family at home. But this time the staff at the Welk was so nice it makes us want to come back here time after time. Though the shows were not many, the Front Desk staff was very helpful in getting us into a great show on Tuesday night. My husband and I had a great, great experience and memory of the Welk Resort. Thanks so much!

Sadly disappointed this year

by TripAdvisor Member riders1

Branson,MO - Welk Resort- Disappointing Trip
Date 5/2/08
Our group the Gold Wing Riders stayed there this week-end,enjoyed seeing friends even with bad weather one day. The restaurant, housekeeping staff, front desk and limited maintenance clerks were friendly,and quickly responded to our many needs. Many of us had breakfast together in the mornings, and began to compare problems, a couple of rooms with leaks from the rain, which caused them to have to move after getting settled, numerous rooms with toilets overflowing and no plungers in bathrooms,cracked window pane that had wind blowing thru, and ants in a few rooms, but especially in the 2nd floor coffee room, the rooms were clean, but I think the rooms especially that 2nd floor needs to be sprayed. The group will not return next year as we have in the past, we felt we were not advised by the group manager there was limited parking due to construction. The parking is minimal which some of our participants had problems walking up hill. We've enjoyed staying there in the past years,but it was disappointing to run into so many short comings this year. One last suggestion, there was not one manager on site this Saturday to speak with regarding our concerns. Groups,front desk, or even maintenance, I would recommend when you have a group staying at the hotel, to be available. The restaurant had great food, they had a manager on site, and the rest of the staff of your resort did the best they could and we thank them.

Comments