Motel 6 East Columbia

3402 I-70 Drive SE, (formerly Howard Johnson), Columbia, Missouri, 65201, United States

Motel 6 Columbia, MO
Expedia.com Orbitz.com BookIt.com

Satisfaction Average

• HeatherK1981's Profile Photo

Accommodations not as advertised.

Short version, spotty wireless, hot tub and fitness rooms out of order, gross pool, rating went from poor to terrible after I talked to the front desk clerk Pam. I could have gotten all the amenities promised and free breakfast at the Ramada down the road for about 5 bucks more.

Long version, Made a reservation with no problem over the phone and they were even going to let us stay with an extra person and a cot at no extra charge, great! We arrived and checked in with no problem at 2pm, didn't need the cot after all, plenty of parking. Got settled in the room (microwave and mini fridge both worked) and went for a swim and a dip in the hot tub.
    Here is where went downhill...
    We walked into the pool room and saw the hot tub had a cover on it. When asked the front desk clerk said it is out of order and needed to be taken out... ok fine. Looked in the pool and saw it was murky (can't see the bottom in the 3 foot end), jumped in anyway figuring we will shower later. (not with the ketchup sized packages of shampoo/conditioner they provide for sure lol) Got to the deep end and there is scum floating on the water. Got out, showered, called it a night. (the water is wonderfully hot if you want it so, bonus!) Woke up, inquired about the fitness room and found out it was closed due to liability reasons, was informed the hot tub was closed because of handicapped people and something about the elevator (no it doesn't make sense to me either, bit this is what Pam the FD clerk said). Called Cooperate and got guest relations who lodged a formal complaint and said they would have the property manager call me in my room about making it right.
    I waited a half hour then went to the front desk. I spoke to Pam there who said the PM wasn't there till 1 but what was the problem. I proceeded to explain the above problems and she immediately cut me off saying I saw the hot tub was closed and insisted I checked in at 11:30 pm after the pool was closed anyway, then cut me off again saying "I am not manager, you'll have to call back at 1pm". I called guest relations again and they said any refund/compensation would be up to the manager. I was planning on staying till 2 and paying the $10 hourly rate but upon checking out at noon we met the PM at the desk. His response was that the hot tub was being maintenance and is now open and "Sorry that happened".Well sorry just doesn't cut it this time. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

Unique Quality: Unique qualities? Sure, the smell of middle eastern food in the hallways, or the scum floating in the pool. Those were things I hadn't experienced in a location I paid $74 a night to stay before.

• Don't trust or Stay at!!!

Don't trust or stay at this motel. I made reservations with a set price. When I arrived, the clerks or the owner would not honor the reservation price. I was told they were having a busy weekend and I would have to pay twice the original amount. And to make matters worse if I did not take the room that second I would lose the room. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of or left in the cold. Bad Business!!!!

Comments