1261 St. Louis Ave., Excelsior Springs, Missouri, 64024, United States

More about Inn on Crescent Lake

What A Fantastic B & B

by TripAdvisor Member rabbibob

A clean, friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Everything we wanted for a romantic getaway. Having stayed in two other B & B's, this exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the 2 story cottage suite seperate from the main house and had our breakfast delivered to our room the next morning. The Inn Keepers could not have been more gracious. Bob, Overland Park, KS

Great Anniversary Get Away!!!

by TripAdvisor Member aldlovetotravel

We had a great stay on our anniversary. We booked the Garden Room which has its own private entrance & own hot tub.The room was fairly spacious. We had plenty of room to move around. Breakfast was great...simple, but great! We went in the wintertime, so we didn't get to enjoy a lot of the outdoor activities (including a swimming pool). I'd love to visit in the spring or fall. Host & Hostess were kind. I would definitely go again.

A quiet, elegant retreat for any age couple!

by TripAdvisor Member SilverLake5

My husband and I have now visited the inn twice and have been complety satisfied with our stays there. The service is great and the breakfast was wonderful. The landscape is as beautiful as the home. You can also escape on the lake on paddle boats or walk in the woods on the nature trail. We have enjoyed our stays and can't wait for our next visit!

PEACEFUL WITH PRIVACY ON YOUR OWN LITTLE RETREAT!

by TripAdvisor Member HottubMidwest

We thoroughly enjoyed our 25th wedding anniversary at this B & B. The grounds are private - you don't see any neighbors! The Hot Tub was great - even in the rain. The breakfast was served in a nice sunroom with water fountain. The food was plated nicely, creative and delicious.

The home is tastefully decorated with just a touch of French and has a comfortable, "relaxed elegance" feel. - Nothing over the top "gaudy". We stayed in the Emerald Rose Room which was spacious and had nice lighting, with a nice view of the pool and gazego. Our bed had a very firm mattress but we slept comfortably. Room darkening window shades would have been nice. The shower curtain was hard to keep closed on the claw foot tub. The grounds are very nicely manicured.

Directions were provided for driving to restaurants but an explanation of the Wall of Water and the types of food, or menus from each restaurant, as well as business hours or phone numbers would have been nice. Our hostess/owner Beverly was interesting and fun to talk with. She talks fast and you get the impression she's always in a hurry - lots of energy! She has lived in France much of her life and is not originally from the Midwest. Her husband speaks very little English. - We didn't get to meet him but will look forward to meeting him on our next visit.

If only staying one night, we recommend you get there at the 4 o'clock check-in so you have time to use the outdoor pool and paddle boats during daylight.

John & Diane
May 26, 2009

Most relaxing and inviting atmosphere you could possibly imagine and more.

by TripAdvisor Member tharp2000

The Inn was very secluded and serene. It sat on 28 acres and was landscaped beautifully. From the moment you walk in you are greeted by a mixture of old world charm and some modern conveniences. We stayed in the Garden Room it had it's own private entrance and it's own private jaccuzi. It was very tastefullt decorated. The grounds were very nicely kept up and well taken care of. There is a walking path where you can go explore the forest if you wish, we did this and found it very relaxing and romantic. All in all this was without a doubt the best place we have ever stayed.

Everything I Had Hoped For

by TripAdvisor Member FlyBoy75

This was a surprise stay for our 12th anniversary. Beverly greeted us upon check-in and gave us a tour of the grounds. Very beautiful just like the pictures! I had arranged to have sparkling cider and chocolate strawberries "pre-positioned" in the Stripe room and Beverly came through for me! Breakfast was wonderful- some of the best French toast and peach syrup I have ever eaten. The Inn is very relaxing and you have plenty of privacy. I would recommend this stay to anyone looking for a quiet, beautiful place to spend a special night or two.

Romantic Quiet Place

by TripAdvisor Member icnnurse

It was our 25th Wedding Aniversary. We were looking for a quiet bed and breakfast that was close to home. First time to a bed and breakfast. The Inn is secluded in the country away from the road.The room was very nice with romantic touches. We stayed in the Cabana. It was away from the main house-great! There was a jacuzzi in the room and the King size be was very nice. Beverly- the owner was a great hostess. The breakfast was wonderful. The only meal you have there is breakfast of course. If you want to stay at the Inn it might be nice to bring a romantic picnic basket. Ana and Todd Berhenke( Olathe KS)

Our Favorite Getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member sleepypeople

My husband and I visited the Inn for the first time in 2007, and ever since we have made sure to stay at least twice a year. The highlights for us are the peaceful, quiet environment, the excellent fishing, the great prices, and the incredible french toast! We love it and are going to make an effort to get there three times this year instead of two.

The most relaxing, wonderful B&B we have ever stayed at.

by TripAdvisor Member Circuitspice

I was wanting to find a nice get-a-way for my husband and me around the Kansas City area so I just started browsing the web and low and behold I stumbled across this "gem" of a place! Everything was perfect....the owners, the staff, the room (we were in the Cabana Suite - which we highly recommend ), the breakfast, the pool, the hot tub, the paddle boats, all the way down to the double hammick:) It was so relaxing and peaceful! Everyone should visit the Inn on Crescent Lake - you will be very pleased!!!!

Heaven on earth

by TripAdvisor Member KevkRN

Words can not truly describe the wonderful stay that we had at the Inn on Crescent Lake. Had found the Inn on google and just reading the descriptions and looking at the pictures made me want to go for a relaxing overnite. Once there, all the advertisement doesn't even begin to describe the true atmosphere. Breathtaking and elegant are words that only come close to what it truely is. Beverly is one of the most godly, out going hostest that I have ever met and totally surpassed all expectations. My wife and I have been to quite a few B/B in Missouri and surrounding states, even colorado but this is the best of the best. My wife and I went for a combination anniversay and wife birthday celebration and stayed in the cottage. HUGE !! and beautiful !!! I had picked out the romance and birthday packages to surprise my wife and was totally worth every penny. The birthday cake was more for about an entire family than "a small cake for two" and the bouquet of flowers in Kansas City area would have cost at least 75-80 dollars just by them self if purchased from a florist. The chocolate covered strawberries were hand dipped on site and made by Beverly herself and were to die for. The only regret was that we didn't get to stay longer and advise anyone that goes to at least make it is 3-4 day stay if able and would be totally well worth it. Am making reservations again and plan on staying in the Ballroom. Thank you Beverly for truly the most relaxing trip that I have ever had and enjoyed. The massage, though contracted out was wonderfull as well and worth every penny... Thanks again, Kevin and Debbie K, Independence Missouri

Comments