Cherry Street Inn

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Kansas City

Our thrown together dinnerOur thrown together dinner

Bloch Fountain and Liberty MemorialBloch Fountain and Liberty Memorial

Have A SeatHave A Seat

Front entranceFront entrance

Travel Tips for Kansas City

Seville Light Fountain

by yooperprof

From the official Kansas City Fountains website: "A triangular traffic island at a busy intersection on the Plaza is the setting for this ornate fountain. Sculptor Bernhard Zuckerman was commissioned to create an exact replica of the Plaza de Los Reyes fountain in Seville, Spain. The central shaft is 30' tall and carved from several kinds of marble. Water flows from the four masked faces located near its 20' square base."

J.C. Nichols Parkway at West 47th - the eastern edge of the Plaza.

Football (Soccer), American Style

by basstbn

Kansas City is home to the Wizards of Major League Soccer. Games are played at Arrowhead Stadium (east of KC on Interstate 70) from April through September. See Wizards stars such as Preki, Tony Meola, Chris Klein, Josh Wolf, Nick Garcia, Diego Gutierrez, Kerry Zavagnin, and more.

If you've never seen the world's favorite sport, you've got to give it a try. If you're a life-long fan visiting from another country, you should see how well the American game and American players are developing.

Unfortunate negative: Arrowhead Stadium is designed for American Football - not futbol, and can seat almost 80,000 spectators. It's not a great venue for the game, but it's all we've got at present.

Watkins Mill State...

by Davidp1952

Watkins Mill State Park

Watkins Mill State Park has a small lake for fishing, swimming from the beach and boating or canoeing. You can also camp in the campground with 60 campsites, some with full hookups, ride on an asphalt bicycle trail, or go hiking. A naturalist is on duty seasonally. Also visit WATKINS WOOLEN MILL STATE HISTORIC SITE. 818 acres; camping, picnicking, hiking trails, boating, boat ramps, fishing, swimming, pets on leash, bike trails and visitor center.

Bike Trails:
Following the shoreline you'll find a 3.8-mile asphalt bicycle trail. It's not a difficult road, but the tranquil landscape makes it a perfect outdoor getaway.

I have The ARTS Council Map of...

by brdwtchr

I have The ARTS Council Map of KC. It showed Powell Gardens as part of Lee's Summitt and included it as part of the metro area. It is a pretty far drive out in to the country side and I almost did not include it in this page. It is worth taking the drive to go there. I was there for their butterfly festival and had great fun a couple of years ago. There are many varieties of gardens and a fabulous chapel. Look for a small winery on the road near Powell Gardens. I got some good wine there to bring back home.

How does one say "ripped off" in Italian?

by JinKansas about Bucca de Beppo

It was my birthday so we wanted to go to someplace different. I saw mixed reviews regarding Bucca de Beppo, but a friend said her experience had been really good, so we gave it a try.

We made a reservation for two. When we arrived they seated us in the bar. I wanted a romantic dinner. And talking above the bar noises, including the TV, was not what I had in mind. So we asked for another table. We were told we would have to wait. Strike One.

We were subsequently seated in a room with lots of empty tables....so why the wait. Our server was friendly and he took our order. Little did I know this would be the last time we would see him until he brought the check.

All the fun was delivered by runners. Young, teenaged boys running the plates from the kitchen to the table. Well I hope this is what we ordered and that we don't need anything else. They threw the plates of food on the table and were off. We didn't even have plates to eat off of (everything is served family style) and had to ask for plates from a bus boy.

The food was either poorly prepared or simply had no taste. We ordered the meat platter, it was extremely overprived for what was presented and all the meat was very overcooked and dried out and not hot when it arrived at the table. The salad had been sitting in dressing too long and was wilted. And nothing really had any flavor.

When out waiter appeared with the check and said "wasn't everything delicious?", when I said no, he said "ok" and walked away from the table. No questions about what wasn't right, or what could have been better.

There are too many great Italian restaurants in KC that are the real thing. I won't waste my money in this imitation when the original is just downtown.

Comments