Marriott Kansas City Downtown

200 West 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri, 64105, United States
Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Kansas City

Store of Moon marble packed with goodsStore of Moon marble packed with goods

Remembering the poppies of Flanders FieldsRemembering the poppies of Flanders Fields

Kinetic Sculpture In FrontKinetic Sculpture In Front

New York Life Building-1888 circaNew York Life Building-1888 circa

Who has best BBQ in KC?

by swdke

I am going on a quest to Kansas City to find the best BBQ. Where do I need to go? Thanks.

by giampiero6

Lots of people talk about Fiorello's Jack Stack. I love there stuff, but everybody has a favorite in Kansas City...other good ones are Zarda, and of course the old time favorite Arthur Bryants...for atmosphere and community

by Jamesr3939

We will be doing a cross country road trip in July which will take us through KC and I to was asking about KC BBQ. I did a check with some police officers in the area and Arthur Bryant's seemed to be the top choice. The original location is best visited during the day time and save the other locations for after dark.

by lostsooner55

You might also consider: (1) Smokehouse BBQ, located in Gladstone, north of downtown. (2) LC's, located just west of I-435. You can take exit 65 to reach the restaurant. (3) Oklahoma Joes, which is in the Kansas side of town, at W. 47th Ave, and Mission. Gary

by vanderlust

I will add my vote for Arthur Bryants. Prepare to wait in line for 30 minutes or so with the enticing smell of smoked meat making your mouth water.

by lostsooner55

I shouldn't answer food questions when I'm hungry, lol. I live close enough to Kansas City, I could be there in a couple of hours. I may have to go on a fact-finding mission next weekend. Gary

by vanderlust

>>"The original location is best visited during the day time and save the other locations for after dark."<<

We visited the original location. It was during the day. Felt safe and the atmosphere was great. Small tables with red checkered vinyl tablecloths. Lots of napkins :). A neighborhood kinda place. Great conversations with those we waited in line with. It did look like a neighborhood that I wouldn't venture into after dark.

Reminds me that I need to order another jar of rub for the upcoming BBQ season.

by cindi5775

Jack Stack is great as is Arthur Bryants. However, my favorite is KC Masterpiece. One of the restaurants is just south of I-435 on Metcalf.

BBQ is one thing I miss about living in Kansas City. I just can't find good barbeque where I live in central Mexico.

Cindi

by yooperprof

Jack Stack in the Freight House (near Union Station) is a very nice "sit-down" "take-your-parents" kind of place. I think they have some excellent meat sandwiches but I'm not so crazy about their ribs. But if you want to have a glass of wine with your bbq, that's the place to go!

My favorite though is Oklahoma Joe's in KC Kansas - best gas station restaurant I've ever been to!

Travel Tips for Kansas City

Giant Shuttlecocks

by asturnut

These sculptures have caused a lot of bickering amongst Kansas City's residents. I happen to love them, but some people, like my cousin Olivia think they are an abomination. The Shuttlcock sculptures are found on the lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art downtown.

Sculpture - Andrew Jackson at the Courthouse

by yooperprof

This was a Depression-era commission, unveiled in 1934. Jackson County Missouri is named after President Andrew Jackson, the powerful and manipulative Democrat who dominated the Federal Republic in the 1830s. The sculpture was commissioned by the Democratic politicians who were powerful and manipulative in the Jackson County of the 1930s.

The artist was Charles Keck (1875-1951), an American pupil of Saint-Gaudens who was much in demand in the period of the 1920s and 30s for his monumental and representative work.

Antique district neat the Plaza

by MildredH

About 6 blocks or so west and 2 blocks north of the Plaza is a charming bunch of antique shops around the intersection of Sateline Rd. and W. 45th Street. There are 3 medium-sized antique malls and about a dozen independent antique stores with a wide range of good merchandise. You'll see everything from fine European, English and Asian antiques to midwest attic finds. There's a nice coffeehouse which serves lunch, and a gelato place. It's easy to spend half a day there. But if your hotel is on the Plaza, take a cab. It's mostly all uphill. Many hotels have drivers that will take you there without charge.

Fort Osage

by basstbn

The first European visitors to the area were French fur traders. After the US purchased the area from the French, forts and settlements such as this sprung up. Located fifteen miles east of Kansas City on the banks of the Missouri River is this re-creation of Fort Osage, built in 1808. Features living history programs led by costumed re-enactors. See my Sibley, Missouri, page for additional information and photos.

Wine Tasting in Parkside

by yooperprof about Wines by Jennifer

I think this is a great concept! A small wine shop (converted from a modest Victorian house) in Parkville with wine tastings and samplings from the vintages on sale. Reds, Whites, roses, Australian, Chilean, California, Missouri - you name the vintage and the provenence, and they will find a bottle for you to sample. Parkville is a charming small town on the Missouri River, about 10 miles north of downtown KC MO, with a thriving restaurant scene, so a wine tasting here makes a great prelude for a night out. I came here with my family in October 2005, and can recommend it heartily for a good night out.

Comments