Q Hotel & Spa Kansas City

560 Westport Road, (Formerly "The Quarterage"), Kansas City, Missouri, 64111, United States

Q Hotel & Spa
Priceline.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• dbadjust's Profile Photo

SO Quaint/Free Happy Hour

Wonderfully quaint....historic..........great area to walk around from block to block without having to drive. Alot of cute restaurants/diners/bars/shops all within 10 to 20 city blocks. Great for the crowd 30 to 50 of age.

More about Q Hotel & Spa Kansas City

poor customer service

by TripAdvisor Member lcng

My husband and I booked a stay at this hotel with another couple two months in advance. I confirmed the reservations the day before at 11:00 p.m. One hour outside of Kansas City, we received a call on our cell phone, informing us that a wedding party had decided to extend their stay, so they gave our rooms away to them that morning. When asked why we weren't contacted that morning, they could not give us an answer. The general manager informed us that he had made reservations for us at a hotel, and that he had negotiated a special rate for us. He said that we were welcome to use their shuttle service and eat breakfast in their hotel. We felt that he should have arranged a free breakfast in the hotel in which we were staying, rather than offering to have us drive across town to have their breakfast. We also were leery of using their shuttle to get us to our show on time, considering how they were unable to handle fulfulling our reservations. We will definitely never book this hotel again.

worst hotel ever!

by TripAdvisor Member babyla1034

I booked 2 rooms for this hotel 2 months in advance. i paid for the rooms in full when i booked them and spent over $250. when reaching the hotel the day i booked to check in, the front desk told me they had to give my room away and that they booked me another room in their "sister hotel". the sister hotel was 6 blocks away. not even close to the area i wanted to stay. it was a crappy old best western. there were no amenities like bar, coffee shop, spa, or free breakfast. I was so aggrivated to say the least! the front desk guy was rude and even walked away during our conversation to go help some guests already staying there. this place gives away rooms!! dont stay here!! they are rude. they didnt offer to pay for anything or comp me in anyway for my trouble. i had to ask for it to be made right. i ended up requesting all money back and went somewhere else!

Overpriced, but still nice.

by TripAdvisor Member Theresa_BC

This hotel was nice, but overpriced. For $140/night, I was hoping for something special. The room was cramped with a couch, queen bed, two end tables, tv stand and desk. There was less than one foot to move between the couch and one side of the bed. Also, the bed was quite uncomfortable. It seems that they were using an older mattress that sank in the middle, then put a pillow top bed cover over the older mattress. That didn't work too well because we still sank into the middle. The pillows were too hard.

Our friends who stayed here at the same time also felt that it wasn't worth the value. We did get $30 in gas money, a deal on the hotel website. Not really that great when you're paying so much for the hotel.

The decorations were nice, ambiance was good. On the Sunday morning, breakfast was jam packed since they had had a group for a wedding stay. The kitchen area was demolished when we got there at 9:30.

All together, I wouldn't stay there again. The breakfast was good, but you could stay at a B&B and get the same kind of food and a better bed. Given the number of houses close to downtown, there must be a B&B in there somewhere. This hotel was similar to a Best Western, only with better decorations, a bad bed, and a better breakfast.

It is marketed as a eco-friendly hotel, but I didn't see much that was very different than any other hotel. There was a small pamphlet explaining how they were eco-friendly, including shower head restrictors, recycling, bulk shampoo/conditioner/soap in dispensers, etc., but on the other hand, they used paper cups in the rooms and plastic cups in the dining area. I imagine that other hotels do these same things, but just haven't thought to advertise them.

they overbooked the hotel and want to send us elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member kitschqueen

We booked this hotel for a weekend for my birthday. We want to stay around the Plaza and Westport but not pay a whole lot so this place seemed like a decent deal. We booked through Orbitz several weeks ago and found out TODAY, a day before we were to leave that they were re-allocating us to another hotel because they overbooked the hotel.

The other hotel is not in the same area. It's not far but it is not as close to the Plaza and Westport and the Nelson Atkins. We'd be able to walk to Crown Center but not to the Plaza or anything else further south off of Main like the art museum.

I looked forward to staying at this one because of it being supposedly unique and into being eco-friendly and "green". Instead I have been offered just your typical place at a Marriott.

Hardly worth the hassle and disappointment this has been today.

I recommend this place if you are flexible and don't mind being driven away at the last minute by their mistake.

Overbooked again

by TripAdvisor Member blueskiestoyou

What a disappointment. Like other reviewers we arrived on Friday, October 24th, to be told the hotel had been overbooked and they were sending all Travelocity prepaid purchasers away. After arguing with the guest manager I asked to speak to his boss and we were allowed to stay at the hotel. They wanted to sent us to the Best Western and did not offer any compensation other than a bottle of wine. It was a very bad start of a week-end away. The hotel itself is nothing special. Very small rooms. Tiny worn bathrooms. NO spa to speak of. Calling this place a spa is a joke. And, they also have little to support that they are a "green" hotel. I purposely left my towel hanging up as instructed and they changed it out. I do NOT recommend the hotel.

Some of the staff and shuttle drivers(George) were very helpful. The breakfast was good. But, their attitude that they can overbook the hotel repeatedly and then turn people away is unacceptable. They apparently think they can book 4 weddings and select who "gets" to stay at the hotel. We sat in the lobby as they turned others away. On Saturday, at least they started sending them to the Hyatt.

no good

by TripAdvisor Member traveler71desmoines

This is definately not a good hotel to stay at. We asked for toilet paper to be brought up to our room on Friday night and we had to go to the front desk on Saturday and get it ourselves. The toilets were not clean. My husband lifted the toilet seat and poo was dried on the seat. Yuck!!!. The staff was out of it. The only good thing this hotel has going for them was the chef making awesome omlets for breakfast. Also walking back to the hotel saturday night there were drug dealers in their cars in the street by the hotel. Not a good thing. I would not reccommend walking any later than 11:00 p.m. on the streets in Westport. Very dangerous. I was not comfortable walking the street when we did at 1:00 a.m. when the bar closed. the shuttle service was great and they got us to where we needed to go.

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member BrittRo

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is interested in clean, lovely hotel rooms that are safe and affordable. The entire staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They provided a free shuttle around town! They even arranged for a cab to take us back to the airport! The hotel staff was very knowledgeable about area shopping, dining and entertainment and were able to give great recommendations. If I'm ever in KCMO again, I will definitely stay here.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ginger1197

I was a little uneasy after reading all the negative comments about this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived at the hotel before check in time, and had no trouble checking in early. The staff informed us of the free shuttle and signed us up, gave us our complimentary drink and breakfast coupons, and helped us to our room. The rooms are adorably decorated and very clean. It was a great stay at a great hotel! I highly recommend when in the KS area.

Fantastic "green" boutique gem near Country Club Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member BeeJeh?

On our way home to Canada from Arkansas, we spent one night at the Q Hotel in Kansas City near the Country Club Plaza. It is a small boutique hotel, recently renovated. The walk to the Plaza took us about 15 minutes and was a pleasant walk. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Front check-in staff were excellent. They made telephone inquiries to get information for us and were very knowledgeable on local attractions. Very friendly. A shuttle bus is available to take you to nearby attractions. We didn't use it because we chose to walk. Met one of the owners in the lobby and he was very friendly and informative. The rooms are on the small side but that was fine with us. The flat screen HD televisions in the room were awesome. The beds were super comfortable with deluxe bedding. The hotel is very ecology conscious - for example, they use shampoo/soap dispensers in the shower instead of the little throw-away bottles that you usually find in hotels. In the evening, there is a bar on the main floor and each guest gets a free drink. There is a free breakfast buffet in the morning with a wonderful made-to-order omelette bar. Real dishes are used instead of paper plates. A genuine "green" hotel! We wished we could have stayed longer. I would definitely return to the Q Hotel and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Kansas City. A whole different experience from the usual chain hotels.

• Jun 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM

This hotel is the WORST. Where should I start... The hotel is old and muggy. The air conditioner did not work consistently. I was there for three nights, and each night I had was to that the electrician was working on the air. Then I was told to open the hotel window. Understand this, there was no screen the window and the window pane was painted shot. On three occasions we had to call because the toilet would not flush. I was told that the hotel does not keep wash clothes for quest after the first night. The only items on the buffet that were hot were the awful omelets and the okay Belgium Waffles that were served after waiting for about 5 min in line in a less than clean corner of the cafe. Get this! The cafe even ran out of skim milk, coffee lids for the coffee cups, and the bread was in a loaf in a bag were the quest had to stick there hands to get slices. The ice machine and vending area had the same trash over flowing for two days, and nets were taking residence for free in this so called spa. Save your money and the headache. Don't stay here...If you have to, check out this hotel and the true reviews before check in!!!!!