770 W 47th St, Kansas City, Missouri, 64112, United States

Sheraton.com Orbitz.com amextravel.com

Satisfaction Average

• mcbut385's Profile Photo

Good People

Great staff welcome you to this tall hotel with great views. Upgrades are usual and frequent. Rooms are beautifully decorated and are big enough for a couple with a small child. The concierge is very knowledgeable about the area, history, and culture of the "Gateway to the West". The location is right in the heart of the great restaurants and great shopping.

Unique Quality: Views are always nice from this hotel since it sits atop a high hill overlooking the rest of Kansas City, Missouri. The bedding is just beautiful at this hotel as well.

More about Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member teninepit

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites country club plaza as I needed a location close to the plaza. Well this is located at the western end of the plaza itself. Easy walk to numerous eateries and shops of the plaza. Check in was a snap and friendly desk staff.

I booked through priceline name your own price and got $65 which I thought was very reasonable for an entire suite. Room was nice, bed was comfortable. Did not use the pool so no advice there. Would definitely stay again.

Would defintely stay here again!

by TripAdvisor Member Poo-Peck

The Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza is in a wonderful location - just at the end of the plaza and within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The service was wonderful. Room was clean and neat - a two room King suite is their standard room and had lots of room. The pool area was nice too. If I were to go to KC again, this would be my first choice to stay.

Customer Service? What's That? Stay Away!!

I had stayed at this hotel a year ago and it was a good experience. So I thought I'd try again and bring company. Big mistake! I was embarassed that I had recommended it and would never go back again. The rooms were ok but they definitely lost the lacklustre they once had. I was overcharged and the hotel management showed no customer service skills whatsoever. That coupled with 2 random interruptions during the night by staff members, and after all of that the management did not seem at all apologetic about it. Even after placing a call to their corporate office, there was no indication that they were interested in keeping a customer. If you want an enjoyable stay with good customer service, take your money elsewhere..you'll be glad you did!

Above average

by TripAdvisor Member cabrnet7

For the money, I would rate this easily above average to excellent! Check in was quick, exceptionally friendly, as a Starwood member I was automatically put into a newly renovated room. Other than the smell of "new everything", the room (they are all suites) was excellent. My traveling partner was not in a renovated room and she said it was great. Everyone I came across was very pleasant. I travel a great deal and I would easily stay in this hotel again! Location is great, easy in and out. The only average thing about the hotel was breakfast, but the service was, again, friendly and the restaurant clean!

Great Place they make you feel like you belong

by TripAdvisor Member DaphneChicago

I booked my family and wedding reception at this hotel. It was great they were always willing to help as well as give assistance for other services throughout the city. This is the premier hotel on the Plaza

Will stay again

by TripAdvisor Member gorillafan

We stayed here through Priceline for $77. I was happy, since the rooms were $169 regularly. Once we arrived, we did park under the hotel for $9 overnight parking, but there was a garage right across the street for free. This is a great hotel to stay at if you plan on spending a lot of time at the Plaza.

We got a King bed, non-smoking room. The renovation is complete and really nice. I stayed here a while back, and the hotel really did need some sprucing up. The navy, white, and mahogany theme is classy. There is a sofa bed in the living room with a large television. Also in the room is a desk and a small refrigerator/microwave area. The bedroom has french doors with curtains to separate the rooms. Though the total size of the room is small in comparison to most suites, it was plenty big for two people.

My only complaint was with the bathroom. The shower had nice tile, but the grout was molding, and the caulking was a disaster, causing more molding. And, the sliding door into the bedroom was broken. My fiance and I had to grab onto the bottom of the door to close it, but it was always open a few inches at the bottom. We just used the other door into the bathroom.

Overall, the room was beautiful, and we will be back. We stayed one night here and one night at the Holiday Inn at the Plaza. The Sheraton was our favorite of the two, especially since you are actually on the plaza and close to everything.

Great Value and Location

by TripAdvisor Member Yankee11

We just returned from our romantic weekend in Kansas City. We were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. We booked through priceline and got a great rate of $82/night. Upon checkin, I told them it was our anniversary and she gave us a room with a great view of the plaza. We had a non-smoking king suite and it was great. I agree with the others--great decorating motif.

We did use the pool as well and it was very nice. Its an indoor and outdoor pool and it was warm enough to do both!

I was very pleased with our stay and loved the great location at the plaza. Would definitely stay here again.

Good Experiences - Both Times.

by TripAdvisor Member kingsmc46

I stayed here for several nights on seperate occasions. Once in January and in June 2007.

The location is wonderful since everything in the Plaza is within walking distance and the rooms are wonderful. Very comfortable and especially nice if you need some extra room for other items or need some space to do some work.

I didn't think the price was bad at all, but I thought $9 for self parking seemed a little high considering there is a free parking garage across the street. I guess you pay for the security but the gates to the garage hotel were never shut when I looked.

The only bad instance I had was in January when I was on one of the higher floors and it took over 10 minutes for the water to warm up in the shower. The staff did move me to another room after that, and I had no more problems.

Obviously I was pleased with my stay and decided to go back in June 2007, and I'll plan on staying there again when I'm in K.C.

Comments