1 E Pershing Rd, Kansas City, Missouri, 64108, United States

Westin.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Icon at Crown Center

It has always been pleasant when staying here-even though that was years ago for me. I have received update comments from others of how nice the hotel and amenities are. Rooms are clean and good sized.

Unique Quality: Great lobby and decorative vegetation covering 5 levels with a waterfall. This hotel has a history dating back to early 1970's when the center opened. It had massive limestone moved; like 375,000 cubic feet. It was carved into the hill and stands 70 feet above ground level at the peak. Great views. Connection to Union Station via a bridge walk across. Benton's restaurant is on top and a fabulous place to eat fine food and blow money.

Directions: Right at Crown Plaza and across from Union Station

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Luxury accomodations where the action is

Those not encumbered by a budget should consider the Westin Hotel. It's part of the Crown Center Complex which includes Hallmark Cards, fine shopping, restaurants, live theatre, cinema, ice skating in winter, concerts in summer, the grand old Union Station, Washington Park, Penn Valley Park, and more. An excellent place to stay.

Unique Quality: A three-story waterfall and mini-jungle in the lobby.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

The Westin Crown Center is the...

The Westin Crown Center is the one that has the indoor waterfall. It's connected also with the Hallmark shopping and entertainment area next door, as well as with the Union Station complex across the street.

• NorineP's Profile Photo

Since I live in Kansas City, I...

Since I live in Kansas City, I keep forgetting to go around and take pictures and get information about lodging. I will take care of that soon. But in the meantime, here is an addition...the Westin Crown Center. It is very nice with a waterfall in the lobby. It is across the street from Union Station and is part of the Crown Center complex. You can find upscale shopping at Halls Department Store and general shopping at a number of different stores in the complex as well as see a movie or go to the theatre. There is even theatre for children. You can also visit Kaleidescope..this is for children only..it is a hands on activity for children sponsored by Crayola. Lots of fun for children.

More about The Westin Crown Center

Very safisfied with Westin Crown Center

We, and many family members, stayed there this past weekend because of a wedding in the area. Overall, we were very satisfied. I found all of the staff very friendly, including the folks in the gift shop and restaurant. There was even a gentleman in the lobby ( I don't know if he was a concierge, a bellman, or what) who went out of his way to greet people, give driving instructions, help with bags, give advice on local attractions, etc. etc. He even remembered to ask about my family the next time I saw him. If I have any complaints, it would be the $12.50 daily parking rate, and self park at that! Also, the "special rate" reserved for the wedding guests turned out to be $25-30 higher than one could have gotten by calling the hotel directly and not even mentioning the wedding.

Kansas City's Crown

by ATXtraveler about Westin Crown Center

During a recent business trip, we had an event that was being held at the Crown Center, which is located a couple miles outside of downtown Kansas City. The Crown Center is a shopping plaza and is associated with a famous KC business, Hallmark. The Westin is attached to the center, and the hotel shares common meeting rooms with the center.

As for the room, I would highly recommend asking when you check in to have a city view room, as the view was absolutely stunning of downtown KC. The bed is the traditional Heavenly Bed that Westin is famous for, and it absolutely lives up to its name. A great night sleep is within reach. My room had a balcony on it, which meant I could open up the door for an even more spectacular view of downtown.

The location is definitely convenient if you are doing anything near the Union Station of Crown Center. If you do not have transportation, there are a couple local transportation options, but it is not a convenient walk to downtown.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for when you are traveling through Missouri.

Save Your Money

My college roomate and I booked a four day trip to KC and decided to stay at the Westin Crowne Center. Biggest mistake. Although the facilities look great on the outside, once settled inside, you quickly realize that its appearance is only a facade. My air conditioning failed to work in the immense heat. I had to complain numerous times just to get the staff to offer me a new room. Maybe it was my misconception, but I thought that the mid-west was famous for hospitality. I mean, I'm from back east so I'm used to rudeness, but hotel staff at the Westin Crown Center seemed to exude it out of their pores. Even the hotel management! It seems as though Westin Crown Center hotel staff forgot to take that crash course in hospitality. I had to endure much eye rolling, heavy sighing and contagious forgetfulness whenever I requested a service or brought any deficiency to their attention. Trust me, save your money and book somewhere else.

OK, but not one of the better Westins.

If you need to stay at Crown Center, this is a better choice than the Hyatt (closer to shops & restaurants), but isn't anything special either. Like the Hyatt, the rooms and hallways are cold and sterile looking and not really decorated attractively. If you're coming to KC for a pleasure trip, I'd recommend staying in the Country Club Plaza area instead. There are many nicer hotels, fancy stores, restaurants and a lively atmosphere--unlike Crown Center whose shops & restaurants shut down by 8pm weekdays, and 5-6pm on weekends.

This place is a dump.

This has to be the worst place in the world to stay. While staying at the Westin, we saw rats in the lobby. They have a waterfall area in the back of the lobby that is part of the hillside the hotel was built upon. It is a perfect haven for "animals".

Upon arrival, the front desk staff was unattentive and unfriendly.

When we got to the room it was dirty and the bathroom had crud in the corners. The drinking glasses in the room appeared to be only wiped out and not actually cleaned.

The halls were dimly light and the doors are seriously outdated. Don't bother talking to a manager because they don't care, and certainly don't bother trying to talk with the General Manager. Apparently he doesn't like speaking with guests of the hotel.

Don't even think about using valet as it will take a half hour to get your car. Bellmen are unfriendly.

About the only decent thing in this hotel is the food in the restaurants. But, if you order room service, expect your food to order after 45 minutes and be aware of the 23% gratuity and service charge. What a rip off.

C'est Magnifique

by TripAdvisor Member mauieric

I attended the National Association of Postal Supervisors Convention in Kansas City August 16-20 2004. I stayed at the headquarters hotel the Westin Crowne Center. The shopping areas in the Crowne Center were convienent to the hotel and the Halls Department store was just a walk on the overhead walkway. I attended meetings in the Crowne complex and I used the walkway through the bank and the Hyatt. The hotel is in a great location. The heavenly bed consists of a nice firm newer mattress and the heavenly bath has plenty of thirsty towels and is spotless. I had a beautiful view of the restored Union Station and the downtown skyline. If I had the chance to visit Kansas City again, I will stay at the Westin. This was my first stay at a Westin hotel and it was well worth the convention rate of$129 per night. The Benton restaurant is very good. The Brasserie has a wonderful breakfast buffet. I must recommend Pierpoints restaurant in the restored Union Station. There is a walkway connecting the station to the hotel.

Front of Westin Crown CenterFront of Westin Crown Center