Ozark Village Resort

Tags

Family Travel Fishing Budget Travel
See Amenities

Disgusting

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 9, 2010

This place was absolutely disgusting. When we checked in, our room was overrun by flies, despite just being cleaned. My husband has seen less flies in crime scenes, then in our room. There had to have been in excess of 50 of them. I killed them for hours, using the fly swatter hanging in the kitchen next to the stove. After several hours of this, my kids went to swim. The pool was dirty, and it too, had just been cleaned. Back in our room, I found a spider web behind the toilet with 2 black widows, which I had to kill. In order to use the toilet, you had to go in the bathroom, and close the door, it was so small. The floors were filthy, and we didn't even walk on the carpet without shoes. After almost all the flies were killed, we noticed baby ones flying around. Upon closer examination, there were old dead flies, smashed on the ceiling and walls, and the baby flies were coming in through the ceiling tiles. We called the mangager at 8pm, and told him we were leaving due to the condition of the dirty room. We took our children and left in the middle of a thunderstorm, with nowhere to go. We received a refund for 3 of our 4 nite booking. We should have received a full refund due to the deplorable conditions.

Unique Quality: There was absolutely nothing good about this place. It would have been cleaner to sleep in a tent outside.

Nearby Ozark Village Resort

Amenities at Ozark Village Resort

• Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast

Lake Ozark Travel Forum

Need advice about Lake Ozark, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Lake Ozark and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lake Ozark hotel reviews