Courtyard By Marriott Saint Louis Downtown

2340 Market Street at Jefferson, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63103, United States
Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Saint Louis

Stained glass windowStained glass window

Tower and limestone with red roofTower and limestone with red roof

View of cables holding up the elvator carsView of cables holding up the elvator cars

Boat Dock for RidesBoat Dock for Rides

Going to St. Louis this weekend, Last minute travel questions--Please Help! :)

by sabogg01

We will be driving to st. louis, Our hotel is at the riverfront near the arch. We have our car so we can drive to forest park, but was curious if it would be better to leave our car at the hotel and take public transportation to forest park, We are looking to spend an entire day there and late into the evening at the Muny. Also does anyone know of a place near forest park that we can park our car all day if we do drive, I know that many of the museums offer free parking. Are all of the museums and the zoo within walking distance of each other?
Thanks in advance if someone can help me

Re: Going to St. Louis this weekend, Last minute travel questions--Please Help! :)

by mccalpin

My gut feel is that you will want to drive to Forest Park. Forest Park itself is almost 1,300 acres, so it is spread over quite an area (almost two miles by one mile). You might look at the map at http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/parks/forestpark/ForestParkMap.pdf to get a feel for the size.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people just drive from one parking lot to another - we did. Part of the problem is you sometimes can't go straight from A to B. For example, it's about 3/4 miles to go from the zoo parking lot to the Muni parking lot - the map that I just gave you the URL for is a bit misleading with its "1" = 200' since the map is supposed to print larger. Compare this map with the map at maps.yahoo.com and you'll see what I mean.

Having said that, the upper Muni parking is pretty close to the center of the park, so if you parked there, walked around the park (like to the zoo), then ended your evening at the Muni with your car already in the parking lot, that might work out great...if they let you park there early ;-)

Bill

Re: Going to St. Louis this weekend, use your car!

by lv2qwlt

Definitely DRIVE. You will absolutely need a car, and will be happy to have it. As the other poster said, most of the places you will want to visit are not close to each other. Public transportation here is limited (2 metro lines) and not convenient. I would say that you should be able to park free at most attractions. Parking will probably be convenient and accessible. The art museum and zoo are close enough to park and walk to both on the same day (park on the zoo west side near the Art Museum and Living World entrance of the zoo). You should be able to find free parking there. But, since most attractions in St. Louis are free anyway, even if you have to pay to park, it will not cost you too much. Zoo parking is $10 for the day if you can't find a free spot elsewhere.

You do know the Muny is only open during the summer, don't you? You won't be doing much in Forest Park in the evening.

by sabogg01

Thanks i went here 7 months ago though :) Thanks anyway

Travel Tips for Saint Louis

Squished Pennies Rule!

by MissAntarctica2002

When I'm travelling and I find one of those machines that makes a little souvenir out of a penny, I always get excited. I've got quite a collection going. If you are also a fan of these you will be pleased to learn that St. Louis seems to be a squished penny town. In my limited exploration of the city, I found three. There is one in the gift shop at the International Bowling Hall of Fame/Cardinals Hall of Fame and it has four different dies to choose from. I got the one with the bowling pin car on it. There are at least two at Union Station as well.

St. Louis Zoo

by miner

I would have to visit the zoo at Forest Park.For a family outing there is something there that would intewrest almost everyone.My wife and daughters were not especially thrilled with the reptile exhibit but they enjoyed the rest of the zoo.

University City - Delmar Loop - City Hall

by yooperprof

The University City City Hall is at the western end of a section of Delmar Boulevard called by locals "the Delmar Loop". Back in streetcar days, this was "the end of the line" where the trams literally did "loop around" before heading back downtown. Well, the streetcars are long gone, but the name "the Delmar Loop" has stuck for this section of the city.

University City is a separate city from St. Louis, incorporated in the late 19th century when the city of St. Louis fatefully "seceded" from the county of St. Louis and became it's own "independent" entity. Its name derives from its location smack dab on the north side of the campus of Washington University.

I've called University City's City Hall "the R2 D2 building". Can you see why?

The St. Louis Rams

by Joemidwest

St. Louis is mostly a baseball town but the football team has strong backing also. I had season tickets back in the "Cardiac Cardinal" football days and even though we knew we would probably end up .500 on the year almost every game was exciting.

Sea Serpent Fences at the City Museum

by keida84

When we were in St Louis we went to see the Scott Joplin House. We came upon these Sea Serpent fences surrounding parking lots.

We figured they were a part of St Louis' revitilization project, possibly by the same develoment assoication that saved the Scott Joplin house.

Anyway they are really cool looking and worth a look-see. Come to find out the area they surround is the City Museum.

701 North 15th St, St. Louis, MO 63103 ยท