Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Creve Coeur

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Nice Suburban Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 13, 2009

Was very nice - a little out of the way from Saint Louis proper, but very close to a Metrolink stop, and only about 20 minutes away by car. Creve Coeur has many convenient amenities close to the hotel - restaurants, a mall with a movie theatre, etc. I was on the first floor just outside the pool, but it was never loud enough to disturb me. Rooms were clean and modern. There was a mini-fridge in the room, as well as a coffee maker.

It did bother me that they charged $10.95 for breakfast - the same type of breakfast you get for free at other Marriott properties. I indulged in the free coffee in the lobby, but ate breakfast out. Other than that, it was a nice stay and I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Pool area looked nice, and they had a very nice gym, which I did not use. Since it is outside the city itself, it *felt* more safe than had I stayed in the city.

Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Decent Business Travel Accomodations

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 9, 2006

When I lived in St. Louis, almost 10 years ago, the last place I worked was near this hotel. So I knew it was a good suburban location - not a good city location, but it does have a little bit of personality. So I chose this location, even though there were hotels closer to the company I went to visit.

The hotel itself was fine, although the speaker on the TV wasn't very good, and the sound was a bit distorted. They do have free internet access, both wired and WiFi, and an OK gym - some newer equipment, and a flat screen TV, but it's still just a converted hotel room.

One thing I didn't like was that they didn't supply toiletries other than soap and shampoo. You couldn't even get a toiletry kit at the front desk. If you wanted toothpaste, they had it for sale. For $139 a night, I expected more. Oh, and they didn't have humidifiers, either.

The bed was comfortable, though, and it wasn't loud.

The best part was the hotel's proximity to a pseudo gourmet store called Provisions, where you can get your coffee and pastry in the morning, freshly made salad or sandwich at lunch, and a great selection of wine and beer, and ready-to-be-reheated food. I had some salmon and ate it cold, which was fine with me.

Directions: Near the intersection of I-270 and Olive Rd.

Nearby Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Creve Coeur

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews