200 North Fourth Street, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63102, United States

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 43% more and rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

• JudiandBill's Profile Photo

A View of the Arch

The Radisson was a great location within walking distance of the arch, and LaClede's Landing. We actually walked everywhere downtown from here, but did take a cab to Union Station. We particularly appreciated the Concierge Service. "Darryl" was without a doubt the sweetest guy and made sure we were well taken care of. Since we smoke, the only drawback to this hotel, was the LACK of ashtrays! Even in the bar, you couldn't get one.. and had to use a syrofoam cup! LOL. I suggested they fix that before we come back next time.

Unique Quality: The views were breathtaking from the roof. The pool is also on the roof, but it wasn't on our agenda to go swimming.. plus it was a bit cool.

Directions: Just off the Mississippi River

• Great view of the arch

We stayed on the 27th floor, the room was really nice. However the heating/air systems is not that good, you can't really control it yourself and the room was a little warm but the housekeeping department brought up a fan. I really didn't care I just couldn't wait to see him. Chris and I had a view drinks in the hotel lobby bar which I thought was really nice.

Unique Quality: The hotel is right downtown with in walking distance of all the major attractions

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel St. Louis Downtown

Business Travel / Hosted Meeting at Radisson

We hosted a training class for 30+ people at this hotel as well as staying here overnight. The staff was great, and they upgraded several of our rooms at no extra charge. My room was a corner suite facing the arch. It was an excellent view and a very large room with a balcony and kitchen area. The hotel is under renovation, it used to be apartments, so the layout, decor, etc. is not typical of a hotel. It does seem somewhat old and could use updating, but my room was not dirty or dingy. The temperature was hard to control and several people I was travelling with complained about this. The meeting facilities were excellent, as was the catered breakfast and lunch. We had very few problems. Our group walked to the arch one day, and to the Landing 2 nights. We did not find it particularly scary. I probably wouldn't walk around by myself, but several people did with no problems. The Landing was not very exciting on the weekday nights we were there, but we had several good meals. I would stay here again and use the hotel for a meeting/conference again.

Big rooms, great location, could use a little updating

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel after some of the scathing reviews here. We arrived about 11 a.m. and were allowed to check in, even though posted check-in was 3 p.m. Our room (purchased with online bidding at a great price) was a king nonsmoking as requested, spacious, and provided a nice view of the old courthouse and a peak at the Gateway Arch. There was no "mold" on the bathroom tiles as other posters mentioned, however some of the grout was missing in places, which made it look black. They definitely need to do some cosmetic work. My only real complaint at this hotel was a seeming lack of really HOT water. I don't know if they have their thermostats turned down or if the water heaters are overtaxed. But a hot shower is essential and they really need to fix the problem.
Overall, friendly staff, good location, big rooms, needs a good facelift and hotter water!

Radisson Striving for Excellence

by TripAdvisor Member heyindy

I was greatly suprised by this hotel, given some of the previous terrible reviews. I had prepared myself to find another place to stay if anything at all was too dirty or out of place. We arrived mid-morning, about 11am and were given a room immediately. Since, we wanted a room facing the arch, we called the front desk and they assured us that one would be available later. After lunch, they were able to accomodate our request without any hassle! The rooms were huge!!!!! Both rooms that we saw were mini-suites with kitchen area and refrigerator. The room was clean!! The furniture was brand new and it was tastefully decorated. Sure, the building is old and there are some rough edges..for example the windows are dated, the ceiling in the shower had some peeling paint, the hallways had some scuff marks on the walls/baseboards (probably from moving in all that brand-new furniture). The bed was comfortable. The shower had great water pressure--and was HOT! In short, they have done the absolute best with what they have in terms of an older building! The staff was exceedingly helpful and the room service meals were above expectations. I would stay here again--particularly with the great deal we got for $44/night.

Nice rooms - good deal

For the price this was a great room! Room was huge, beds were comfortable, pillows were flat. Parking garage was a little scary - I would not want to be alone in the parking garage (better lighting would help). $10 a night to park was disappointing as well. No indoor pool, fitness center advertised but consists of 1 treadmill (not working), antiquated stair climber and 1 eliptical machine, plus two weight machines. Center was always busy and crowded. Bathrooms in rooms were tiny. Never had to wait for an elevator. Nice lobby, nice bar area. Great location across from the arch. A microwave the in kichtenette area is a much needed touch. All in all a good value.

Beautiful room (suite) with balcony and kitchenette ..... what a deal....

by TripAdvisor Member 7names

Was leary, having read some reviews on TripAdvisor, but was pleasantly surprised ..... we asked for a balcony room so that we could smoke outside, and were given a suite with kitchenette & coffee pot! The room was huge, had recently been redecorated and was very nice; the balcony had a nice view of the arch and the park. Everyone at this hotel was very pleasant and efficient, from check-in, the maid staff, the wait staff and check-out. Very friendly, very clean, and a great location. We would stay here again, if for no other reason, than the wonderful balcony and affording fresh air!! Our room (1808) was great ..... and being able to open the sliding glass door to the balcony was really a treat .... probably the only hotel in downtown St. Louis with balconies; we loved it!! Besides, you could open the door, step outside, and know how to dress for the day, instead of wondering what it would be like outside. It was great!!

Okay, could be better with some small improvements

Me and my fiancee stayed here for a weekend getaway trip to St. Louis. I tried to get a room at the Drury downtown but they didn't have any availabe when I booked. The room was very large and had a decent size fridge and sink which was a nice suprise. We stayed in a Wheelchair accessible room so I'm not sure if all rooms are this large, but I was impressed with the size of the room. The location is pretty decent, downtown basically across the street from the Arch. Thats about all the good things I can think of. Now for the bad... The bed really wasn't comfortable and pillows were horrible. We had a King bed and got 3 pillows, 2 were way too flat and the other was way large. The A/C I don't think worked at all, it was only April so it wasn't too warm outside. We opened the windows to try and cool the room down a bit. I'd imagine how hot it would be in mid summer! I found out after checking in that parking is an extra $10/night. Overall, I don't think its worth the cost. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if I go back, I'm staying somewhere else.

Never Again!!!!

I will never stay at this hotel again... The price was good for a downtown hotel so I decided to stay .. upon arrival the computers were down and the kid at the front said they did not know when they would be back up so i waited and waited with about 25 other people waiting to check in on a saturday night.. then when the computers were back up i got into the elevator to my room.. i passed a dirty sock in the hall and made it to my room which was already open with no one inside.. there was one bed and i had made my reservation for 2 beds 2 months in advance.. the rude kid at the front desk informed me that they were sold out and that my reservation for number of beds is only a suggested room size.. the rooms were dirty and gross and the entire hotel unkept and staff unprofessional... i would rather pay three times as much!!!!

Comments