Fourth & Market Sts, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63102, United States

Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch
Priceline.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• Bursland's Profile Photo

Best Views of the Arch

We stayed at the Drury Plaza on the 3rd and 4th nights of our route 66 trip .The hotel is very smart and our room which looked directly out onto the Gateway Arch and the mississippi river was excellent.We had complementary drinks from the bar and also breakfast .Both were very welcome and the service was very good.

Unique Quality: The position of the hotel is great for exploring the Gatway Arch and mississippi shoreline.Many rooms would have views of the Arch.

• Saved by the Drury

After spending a night in the ghetto at the Holiday Inn, we were desperate to find some place - any place else - to stay. We walked in off the street late Saturday afternoon and had our room in under 10 minutes, for the same price as the HI. Very clean, from lobby to room, free on-site garage parking, lively bar, free evening drink tickets. Located near most downtown attractions - the Arch, Laclede's, the ballpark, restaurants, etc.

Unique Quality: The most outstanding was the service - we got in and out with everything we needed without even having to think about it. If I went back, this is the first place I'd stay.

Directions: Downtown a block up from the Arch waterfront/park.

More about Drury Plaza St Louis Arch

Not Bad

We went to St. Louis for a 4-night get away and stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel. Overall, it's an okay hotel. As stated in other reviews, the rooms are quite small and the hotel itself could use a little more refurbishing. However, the hot breakfast was great (they put out a full spread), and the evening cocktail hour was pretty good (3 drinks per person and plenty of snacks).

We had a couple issues. First we asked for more towels and it took so long for them to respond, we had to go downstairs and get them from housekeeping personally. Second, and most disappointing, they refused to fully make the bed for two of the four nights we stayed. They simply fluffed the pillows a bit and put them in the same exact position we left them!! We called for two days before housekeeping finally made the bed properly. Not cool at all. Amazingly though, the room was picked up and trash cans were emptied. And that's sort of what we experienced the whole way through. The front desk staff was great---my boyfriend needed to sell some baseball game tickets and the front desk was excellent in helping us out.

Would we stay there again? Probably; it's close to LaCledes Landing, the Arch, the Metro, etc. but we'll book a suite instead.

Great value, service, location, & comfort

by TripAdvisor Member GammaQuadrant

My conference-going colleagues were jealous when I stayed here last February! The hotel was very comfortable, well appointed, clean, convenient, and very reasonably priced, and the staff was charming, to a person. It was one block away from my conference at the expensive, shabby, and snooty Adam's Mark. They made one error initially, booking me into the OTHER Drury in town which was about 8 blocks away...but, when I showed up at the Drury Plaza, the charming desk clerk quickly corrected my reservation without any problem. Free phone calls and free breakfast were added perks -- the breakfast was similar to most hotel steam-table brunches, slightly rubbery eggs and limp french toast, but most places charge 10-15$ for exactly the same sort of food, so when it's served up for free, who's complaining?! And the coffee was surprisingly good, at least Starbuck's quality. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Wonderful experience, but not perfect

I want to preface this by saying that I have sampled everything from a Motel 6 on up to a Ritz-Carlton and everything in-between. In my time, I have stayed at quite a few Drury Inns, and I have always found them to be clean, comfortable, and a great value. This hotel, without exception, it the crown jewel of the Drury franchise. It is a beautiful hotel.

Your first impression of this hotel is its style and location. The hotel is actually 3 connected buildings, each with its own unique style. The lobby sits in the old 1920s Fur Mercantile Exchange building and has been restored to its original grandeur. The lobby area is absolutely stunning. Dark woods, large columns, tons of intricate detail. There is a motif of the original explorers to St. Louis, complete with water and statues. The downtown location is perfect ... literally a block or two away from the Arch, the Old Courthouse, and Busch Stadium. Most other downtown locations (Union Station, Laclede's Landing, etc) are just a short cab ride away.

I did not experience many of the parking problems that other reviewers had. However, I checked in at about 4pm. I could understand if folks had problems later as the lot was fairly full. The parking was secure.

Rooms are situated with perimeter rooms overlooking the arch or the city. Interior rooms had views of the hallway. However, this view was lightened up a bit with a makeshift courtyard (tiles, benches, streetlamps) and natural light from an atrium-like skylight on the roof. I happened to have an interior room and simply kept my curtains closed for privacy.

The room was a bit on the small side, but was perfect for two people. In my case, there was ample room for a king-bed, two nightstands, a desk/chair, recliner, and a armoire/tv cabinet. The bathroom was clean and decked out with granite tiles throughout. While small, the bathroom was laid out to maximize room.

Basic room amenities included a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, microwave w/ popcorn, dorm fridge with soda, and high-speed internet cable (No wireless).

As stated, cocktails and breakfast were served daily. This took place in the lobby I previously mentioned. It was a bit small to handle all of the people, but lines rarely exceeded 5-7 minutes, and a table was always to be found. The food quality wasn't great, but it was plentiful. It's one of those things you overlook as the cost you pay (nothing!) warrants this.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They didn't exactly go out of their way, but they were always accomodating.

In the end, however, this hotel couldn't overcome the fact that it was a Drury Inn. Towels were tough and scratchy. Linens were of so-so quality. The bathroom amenities (i.e. the "conditioning shampoo" and "Deoderant soap) were sub-standard and not nearly luxurious enough. The bed was cozy, but not plush. The lack of a doorman, bellhop, and valet was noticeable considering the luxurious look of the lobby. Security keycards were needed just about everywhere.

All considered, I would definitely stay here again. The price of $151 was a bit steep if it were not 4th of July time, but the location and value compared to other area hotels can't be beat.

Drury Plaza a treat for our family

by TripAdvisor Member mdkeplers

We enjoyed our stay at the Drury Plaza in St. Louis. We had a little touble finding the hotel because several streets were closed for a festival. I was a bit nervous when we came upon the Drury Hotel because the next block looked questionable for safety. We were relieved to discover that the Drury Plaza was in a much better part of town. It was just me (the Mom) & two preteens. We felt safe at the Drury Plaza location - even walking back from the Gateway Arch just after dark.
As mentioned by others, the lobby is beautiful. The free cocktail hour & free breakfast were satisfactory - a bit crowded. We did have to park down the block but it wasn't bad. It was only 1.5 blocks - an easy walk. We were able to load & unload in front of the hotel. We had a lovely corner room in the older part of the building. We could see the Gateway Arch (beautifully lit at night). The room was not overly large but it was roomy enough. My kids loved the pool which actually had a lifeguard on duty. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Be sure to ask for a room with exterior windows.

Overall - A great experience

by TripAdvisor Member ecoita

The hotel is great! The rooms were very clean and even had marble floors in the hall & bathroom! (Very nice) All Drury hotels give you the free long distance, Internet, breakfast, etc. etc. Microwave & mini fridge (with free drinks & popcorn) in the rooms. This hotel has a very elaborate lobby as well. The staff was very friendly & helpful.

The only two downsides are parking and location. The parking garage is $15/night and it can be very hard to park with the concrete pillars everywhere. (I ended up scraping my rental van- unknown until I returned it...) The location is downtown right in front of the arch...which is cool- but trying to get back to the hotel after a baseball game (Stadium is nearby, too) traffic can be a little tricky. But not enough to deter my stay... If you can swing the rates, it will be well worth it.

Hotel Near the Arch

by herussell

Hi, my husband and I are planning a quick anniversary trip to the St Louis area in September. Is there a decent hotel that anyone would recommend under $100/night? We don't need fabulous service, but no where that I would fear my car being broken into. Looking for bar/restaurant; 24 hour desk service... pretty much 3 star but I know 2 star can be just as accommodating. We are willing to stay in suburbs as well...

by usatravels

Hello

Stay at;
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis/Downtown
2 SOUTH 4TH STREET
ST LOUIS, MO 63102

Rates may exceed slightly more than $100, buy the rate includes hot breakfast, free evening beverages and snacks, served daily from 5:30-7:00 pm in the lobby

Best wishes

by glasgowmogal

We've stayed at the Drury by the Arch as well. It was around 129.00, and has nice breakfast and happy hour with snacks.
I have had good luck lately on naming my own price on Price Line, though. I've gotten some 150.00 3 to 4 star rooms for 65.00 bids. Of course you don't know the name of the hotel until they accept your bid, but you can indicate preference in area of city.

by vanderlust

I don't know the current rates of the hotels, but here is a link to my St. Louis page that has a list of downtown hotels with addresses and phone numbers. It might help out in your search.

Comments