10330 Natural Bridge Road, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63134-3303, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Hilton Garden Inn -...

Hilton Garden Inn - Chesterfield has standard Hilton Garden Inn rooms including a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The facility also has an inddor pool, hot tub, and I gym (I think). And the price is pretty reasonable.

Unique Quality: Close to Annie Gun's / Smokehouse, and a HUGE stip mall.

Directions: In the newly developed flood plain near Chesterfield Airport

More about Hilton St. Louis Airport

Pick another STL airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Insideinfo77

This is a tired, functionally obsolete property in need of Hilton senior management attention. A good example of the rest of the story: At a time when bedding is the subject of major attention and initiatives at higher-end chains, the sheets here are worn-out, HALF POLYESTER on beds past their prime. The effect is of a poor non-chain hotel in a small market, not a major chain branded as the top brand in their group.

The hotel was built and added on to at different times and is a confusing, POORLY marked hodge-podge of different floor levels, weird accommodation to ADA requirements, room doors that open OUTward (security issues anyone?) poor room maintenance and is staffed by a group of poorly motivated, poorly informed and lethargic individuals with no visible effects of "Management on Premises."

The principal reason to stay at an airport hotel is for tranport to the airport. Nothwithstanding the issues with the room quality/employee attitude and skills, the principal reason any of us stay at an airport hotel is to get to the airport. At 8AM on a Sunday morning, in good weather, the hotel was on a shuttle-every-20-minutes-no-matter-how-many-people-are-waiting schedule. The shuttle before ours and ours was forced to shut the doors and leave people behind with apparently no ability to get more shuttles moving. On the one we eventually got on, the overburdened but cheerful driver was forced to require parents with children to continue to wait in favor of airline crew, a reasonable priority, but with no apparent ability to get the problem solved. The lack of any senior management on a Sunday morning was instantly apparent to a seasoned traveler.

The bathrooms in this property are no larger than a small closet. The space in the bathroom/tub-shower is so cramped that one cannot enter the bathroom, sit on the commode and shut the door without difficulty. The room is adequately furnished. When we arrived our room was serviced with about three feet of toilet paper (no extra) and one bath towel, total. A request for more of both was cheerfully and promptly taken care of by the desk clerk answering the request.

Pros: The property is beautifully landscaped and that landscaping maintained about as good as any could be outside of a tropical area. The landscaping is wonderful. That is about it.

Cons other than noted above: The parking is at the rear of the hotel and due to the layout of the hotel, most guests will have a significant walk to their vehicles. There is no parking near your room.

The management of this property needs to be moved on to a less challenging employee environment. The ability to get service on a Saturday night from a security person just to get directions inside the hotel was a joke. You really have to check in here and deal with the lax attitudes toward service or guest inquiries to fully appreciate the differences in properties within a chain.

Avoid this hotel. There are much better choices at the Marriott and Drury Inn within 300 yards. The Marriott, for example, does a much better job of making sure you get to the airport with no delays, even putting a special shuttle on just to get one guest to the airport.

Way above expectations

by TripAdvisor Member nautwerks

After purchasing my reservations on Hotwire I found this site and started reading reviews about the Airport Hilton and I was VERY concerned.
All that concern was unfounded. The lobby was beautiful, the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was complimentary internet access in the lobby which was nice for those who didnt tote along their laptops.
The room was very nice and was not in bad shape at all. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it was just fine! We had high speed internet in the rooms and parking was plentiful and pretty cheap.
The lounge was very nice. Dark wood walls, confortable couches and seats, good selection of above average liquors. It was a bit on the expensive side but it is a hotel bar after all so I expected it.
I am going back to STL next year and I will book there again without hesitation.

Inexpensive & Well Worth It

by TripAdvisor Member jleeo5850

We staid here as Priceline customers and at $45 figured it a good deal. However, I would have been substantially disappointed at a dollar more.

Took nearly 15 minutes to get in the the "full" parking lot until we talked the situation over with the front desk.

The bathroom door was stuck on the floor and would not shut. Certainly the cleaning staff would have to notice this every day, but it did not apparently merit their attention. The coffee pot had a used filter still inside and the coffee cups still had the rings from the last drinker's coffee level. One would have to guess the cleaning folks wiped the used cups out with a used towel.

The bed was comfy and furniture fine. The internet ($9.95) was fast.

The lobby certainly did look splendid and inviting, but we were in St. Louis to sleep.

I would stay here again if Priceline put me in, but I would not book this hotel on my own.

The lobby was the best feature of this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CSD

I stayed at this hotel overnight for a business trip. I had to switch rooms 2 times. The first room was old and dirty. The TV was not working, there was mildew/mold growing on the ceiling and the drapes were dangling. I quickly went back to the front desk (everyone was very professional and quick to please)and requested another room. The new room was more of what you would expect from a Hilton. In the morning, I discovered that the showerhead only sprayed boiling hot water and nothing else. So I had to finish my shower under the bath faucet. If you need a location close to the airport, unless you want to stay in the lobby of this hotel, I would search for something better.

Boycott This Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member dba74

As an airline crewmember, I have been forced to stay here several times this year. My biggest complaint is that it takes approximately 45 minutes for their shuttle to arrive at the airport, inspite of my phonecalls.(Outbound to the airport, I've not had problems)

This latest occasion was particularly maddening because the wind chill factor outside was approximately -10 degrees. When it arrived, as many people as possible squeezed on, standing and all, and they had to leave several people behind, presumably for another 45 minutes.

Also of note, the bartenders are consistently surly and rude, and close whenever they want (no set hours)
and I had no hot water at all on this last visit.

Management may claim to care but they don't. May I propose a boycott on this and all Hilton properties. I would never stay here if I had to pay for it myself. For the rest of you spending your hard-earned dollars, don't. It will just end up going to that atrocious daughter of their's.

Ok at discounted price

by TripAdvisor Member Retropia

I stayed 12-18-05 as a drive-in guest, so I didn't use the airport shuttle. Recd. a rate of $43 at a discount website; with taxes and fees it came to $56.03. Parking was an extra $6 a day, which was a disappointment, as not all airport hotels charge for parking. If you want high-speed internet access in your room, that's an extra $9.95 per day using ethernet hookup. High-speed is free in the business center with ethernet, or you can use wireless access for free in the lobby. I wasn't able to get my wireless card to work in the lobby.

My room had been recently redecorated and looked attractive. The beds were new and comfy, although the bedspreads were obviously meant for thinner mattresses and didn't reach the floor, exposing the boxsprings. It looked like an oversight. My room was clean and everything worked.

The HVAC system blower was very quiet, and can be set to come on and off like a home system. I actually prefer a little bit more blower noise to mask hallway sounds; nearby doors closing were quite loud. Fortunately there wasn't much hallway traffic the night I stayed.

I didn't try the restaurant or bar. I was going to try the pool which appeared to be nicely heated, but the poolside restrooms were closed for remodeling, and there was nowhere else nearby to change. I didn't feel like traipsing back to my room in a wet swimsuit. There was no sauna or steamroom; a fitness center is off the pool area.

As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel has been added onto, many times it seems, and is confusing to navigate. Although there are ramps to accommodate wheelchairs and rolling suitcases, using them reminds me of a trip through a funhouse. I spent some time studying the in-room hotel map, as I had no sense of where I was after I finally reached my room.

A future remodeling would benefit from an architect well-schooled in traffic patterns and signage.

Overall, I felt this property was an acceptable value at the price I paid, but I wouldn't want to pay more.

The bed is the best part

by TripAdvisor Member AK-in-NC

I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the previous reviews, but upon arriving at the hotel, all were pretty much either corrected or unfounded. The room I stayed in was comfortable and very functional. The bed was a joy to sleep in, as I believe all Hilton family hotels are going to the pillowtop mattresses. The bathroom was clean and functional as well, but it was showing signs of its age. The shower pressure was good, but the water temperature fluxuated during the shower. It never went cold, but did vary during the shower. The parking lot is an absolute nightmare. Getting into the lot with anything larger than a compact car...well, good luck. I watched and waited for almost 5 minutes while someone in a van tried to manuever through the tempermental gate and security posts. I would stay here again, though.

terrible disappointment

i booked my room thru hotwire and felt i got a fantastic deal. about a week before our trip i booked another room thru hilton. i decided to reserve 2 rooms as there were 3 of us travelling together and i did not want my niece sleeping on the floor. the first room booked thru hotwire was $49.00 a night, i requested a smoking room with 2 beds. the second room was $149.00 per night and i also requested a smoking room. the reason i chose this rate was because it included daily breakfast for 2 of us. first of all, both the rooms we were assigned were non smoking rooms, i contacted the gentleman who had checked us in and was informed to smoke in the room anyway. there was no air conditioning in room 943 at all of which we were not informed of until we complained. then we were told that they were installing a new system since it was winter, that did not help us since it was warm everyday we were there exept the last day which was febuary 18th, that night it was 7 degrees. the room finally cooled off enough to sleep comfortable. the toilet in 943 would not flush, everyday it was "supposedly" fixed but i still could not get it to flush. i took a shower the first morning and when i braced myself against the shower doors to step out of the shower, the doors flung out into the room they were not even in the tracks. very dangerous for the guest and especially dangerous when you have a knee replacement and do not have perfect balance anyway. the 2nd room 461 also had no air even though they said that that room should have it. the thermostat was setting on 60 and it never got below about 75 in that room. the one and only good thing that i can say about this hotel is that the food in the restaurant was very good if you could stay awake long enough to get it, service was very slow, it took my niece 45 minutes to get french toast. i have stayed at the airport marriott and the marriott puts this place to shame in every way. i would not stay at this hotel again even though they adjusted my room rate for the numerous problems. not even close to what i would expect from a hilton hotel, take my advice, check other hotels and only book here as a last resort

Moldy and overpriced

I was shocked at how poor a condition the building is in. I found mold growing out of the air vents on the first night. It was gone on the second night so I assumed housekeeping cleans it. What worries me is what is still in the ducts. The new bed is nice but really did not make up for the outdated facility or disinterested staff. I just tried the Airport Marriotts new rooms last week and was very impressed. Well worth the extra 10 or 20 dollars to stay at the Marriott!

Comments