Hilton St. Louis At The Ballpark

1 South Broadway (formerly Marriott St. Louis Downtown), Saint Louis, Missouri 63102, United States

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

If you were any closer, you'd be in leftfield

We stayed here for our 4 year anniversary. Spend at little extra and get a room with a view of the stadium; it it completely worth it. If you are lucky enough to stay here during a ballgame, you would be treated to the new open air stadium.

• Donrogelio's Profile Photo

An outrageous view of the New Ball Park

The location is to die for. Our room looks out over the new Cardinal ballpark. The service has been good to great.

Unique Quality: We have perviously stayed at the Adams Mark; but the location is even better for us.

Directions: Downtown, near the ballpark

More about Hilton St. Louis At The Ballpark

Nice hotel, great for baseball fans

by TripAdvisor Member Finley39

I stayed at the Hilton Ballpark with my boyfriend who was in St. Louis for work and I was not disappointed by this hotel. I am a huge baseball fan and could appreciate the baseball theme though it isn't overdone. The lobby is classy and huge. There is a t.v. lounge, Starbucks, restaurant, bar, business center, and an attractive (fake) fireplace all available as you walk in the door. The staff is helpful and very friendly, my only complaint was that the valet parking was not as quick as I hoped every time. Some days I parked across the street in the parking garage (for $16/day it was cheaper than the valet) though I'm not sure how easy it is to do during a baseball game. The pool and fitness center are really nice and convenient.

The rooms are nicely done and comfortable but are on the small side. Two beds (double not queen) take up most of the room and the bathroom door hits the toilet. It was very clean, plenty of towels, and the beds were really comfy. There was no fridge, unfortunately.

My biggest complaint is about the many additional charges which made the bill really add up including the valet, overpriced breakfast, and $10/day to use the internet in the room. The business center is free and there is wireless connection in the lobby and Starbucks I believe but in order to use the computer in the room you will pay for it. If you don't have a car and use the business center you will save a lot of money.

I think that for business or a baseball game this is the ideal location (also walking distance to the Arch) but as far as a romantic or relaxing vacation spot, probably not.

Beautiful View of Ballpark

by TripAdvisor Member yungiftblk

First let me say I got a great deal on priceline for this hotel. I called and requested a room on a higher floor with a view of the ballpark. They came through because we loved our view, especially at night will all the lights.

Check in was simple, we even were able to check in early. She gave us a choice of an arch view or ballpark. It was really nice of her to even ask.

**BEWARE** Parking is a nighmare down there. There is self parking for $14 or a parking garage (which is expensive too), so we just opt for the $21 a day valet parking. It actually was worth it. And they were all the attendants were wonderful.

The room was very modern. I loved the down comforters. The only complaint about the room was that the tub was pretty low and it took forever to fill up the bathtub.

My husband and son at in the resturaunt for breakfast while I was at my conference and he said he enjoyed the hot meal with a variety of menu choices. I however, though the room service menu was pretty expensive and had a lot of "hidden" charges, like room service charge $3, another $5 charge for something, and then 21% gratuity. It really wasn't worth the $40 we spent for a bucket of wings and two house salads!

Overall the experience was great! I would definetely recommend this hotel....please do not stay in an adjoining room if you don't know the people next to you.

We were awaken at 1:30 by a womans moaning and that went on for an HOUR!!! The walls were very thin!

Baseball fans this is a must!

by TripAdvisor Member CoachQ1116

Our stay at the Ballpark Hilton was a wonderful experience. It did not start out that way as the clerk at the front desk could not accomadate my room request which was made 3 months ago.
We requested a ballpark view and high floor since this is a stop on our own baseball park tour. We ended up on the 8th floor but with a King bed(we needed 2 beds) but we did get a ballpark view. The front desk clerk told us to come back in the morning and then he should have a room with 2 double beds, ballpark view and high floor. But he would not guarantee it. At 9AM the next morning I explain the situation to Linda, a different front desk clerk, and she apoligizes and has a room for us to move to immediately. It was already cleaned which made me think that the clerk the night before screwed up. Anyway this was our worst experience of the whole stay as the rest of our stay was awesome. The concierge ,and there were several ,were top notch and helped us out tremendously. The hotel manager checked on us several times as we walked through the lobby which was beautiful. Great spot for pre game and post game socializing. And the views of Busch Stadium from the 17th floor ,where we ended up, were fabulous. I would stay here again. If you are a baseball fanatic(like us) it is the place to be!

Awesome hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FriendlyFriend

Awesome hotel. Very contemporary, clean and right in the heart of downtown. The arch was right out the front door... Busch Stadium was immediately to the right (not even a block). We literally could have watched a ballgame from our hotel view...we could see the entire field. Union Station was only about 10 blocks away. Easy, easy access to the interstates. Hotel pool was open until 11:00 p.m....which is late for most hotels and great when traveling with kids! For cheaper parking...self park at the garage across the street and one block down from the hotel. Be sure to ask for an unlimited in/out pass for that parking garage at the HOTEL when checking in so that you pay a flat rate (which is cheaper than the garage's flat rate) which is billed to your room. They will give you a pass with a barcode where you can scan yourself in and out of the garage. There is actually a barcode reader just for "Hilton" guests. Only complaint....bathroom was so small the door hit the toilet when shutting it. That is all I could say bad about this hotel.

Excellent location downtown

by TripAdvisor Member Aerowing

I stayed here one Saturday night on May19th. I booked the room thru Hotwire. I was a little nervous doing so since I've never booked a room thru Hotwire. I got a rate with taxes for $72.00. This hotel is in a excellent location. I was on the 9th floor overlooking Busch Stadium, actually looking inside Busch. The room was excellent, very inviting and the bed was super comfortable.The bathroom is small but how long do you spend in there anyway? The shower and water pressure was great. I was only about two blocks to the Arch and riverfront. I was able to walk to Lacledes Landing, to the Arch and even down to Union Station with no problem. St Louis is a pretty city, it seems to have goten better thru the years. I did encounter a few homeless people but never felt unsafe. I didn't try the hotels bar or restaurant since there's so many other's to choose from in the area.

The only bad part is the parking. Valet is popular at the Hilton but around $21.00 a night.The cars are parked in the public garage. Since I arrived by motorcycle I parked in the public garage kiddycorner form the hotel for $14.00 a night.The hotle reduces it a few bucks since your staying there. It seems a little goofy that the hotel doesn't have it's own parking lot.

I would love to come back and stay in this hotel the next time I'm in St Louis.

Never to return

by TripAdvisor Member JerseyJersey27

Upon arriving at our room, we noticed an ice machine and soda machine across the hall. There was a humming sound but we thought all would be fine. All through the night, other guests were at the ice machine filling buckets. In addition, the machine kept refilling and we could hear the ice dropping all night. In the morning, I wanted to go to the desk and attempted to take a shower only to find no pressure. I called guest survices and they sent a plumber right up and said the manager would call to change our room. No call. I stopped at the desk about 2 hours later and the young lady said, "we get that compaint about the ice machine all the time". She said the hotel was booked last night and that they will change our room later in the day. That was fine. At 5:00 I was back at the desk, new staff, and no one knew about my problem or had a request to change the room. I told my story again and received new keys and a new location. I was told to go to the porter and he would let me in my old room to retreive my belongings. Well, I had to get the old key back and just moved the bags myself.
Upon check out, our bill was so confusing, I could not tell what my charges were. I told the manager the Hilton was off my list of places to stay. She gave me a free breakfast.
This was poor service recovery and I am finished with the Hilton

Good news and bad news

by TripAdvisor Member Snoozan

The good news about the hotel: it is very well located, the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice and clean, Starbuck's in the lobby.

The bad news is, as the previous reviewer stated, that they do have some rooms located literally next door to ice machines (when I stepped out of the elevator and heard the ice machine, I decided if my room was next to it, I would just turn around and go downstairs and get another room. Luckily, it was at the opposite end of the hall and the noise was not a problem. The walls are pretty thin, and you pretty much know what the person next door is doing whether you want to or not.

As an interesting legal/fire code matter, the stairs that you are supposed to take in the event of a fire lead through a labyrinthine warren to the back of the outdoors bar. I think if there were a fire, the evacuation route would be extremely problematic.

Hilton at the Ballpark

by TripAdvisor Member lesmitchell

The Hilton at the Ballpark has its strengths and weaknesses.

On the plus side, the room we had had an amazing view of the new Busch Stadium. We could actually watch and follow the game from our room. The staff was very freindly and helpful. It also has an excellent location downtown near the ballpark and close to the arch, waterfront, etc...

On the downside, there is the price. We paid over $200 for the room because it was a weekend and a home game for the Cards. The room was really small. The bathroom in particular was very small. So small the when you closed the door, it got stuck on the toilet seat. Thats how little clearance there was. Finally, you really can hear things going on outside your own room. (ice machines, etc...)

The lobby is really well done with a baseball theme infused with more modern design and feel. However, the rooms are decorated in a more upscale 1970's motif. It just didn't seem to match.

The bottom line is that the Hilton at the Ballpark isn't worth the money we paid for it. If you can steal a room through Hotwire or Priceline, then check it out. Otherwise, I'd suggest the Westin. It's nearly as expensive, but you get a lot more for you rmoney there.

Comments