Hilton St. Louis Downtown

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• vanderlust's Profile Photo

Hotels near Busch Stadium

Since I live here I do not know the prices of the rooms at local hotels. I can list some of the hotels near the ball park. Each of the hotels below are within walking distance or less than one metro stop from Busch. There is a Metro station at Lambert Airport. If the hotel does not offer a shuttle you can catch the Metro at the airport and be less than three blocks from your hotel.

Westin

1 St Louis Union Station

More about Hilton St. Louis Downtown

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jdizzle262

I stayed at the Hilton St. Louis Downtown for five nights in late December during the Urbana missions conference. I echo everything in the other reviews....the hotel is fantastic! It is quite the fancy place...a really cool atmosphere being in an old bank building! The only complant I had was that the pipes in the walls are a little noisy at night. But other than that, the room was fantastic...very comfortable!

5 Star Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member manktripguy

Excellent hotel! Probably one of the top 10 Hilton in the US.

Check in was fast and everyone from the front desk staff to the bellman/concierge was very friendly. Being a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I used online check in via the HIlton web site. Was offered an upgrade to a king whirlpool room. Was was on the smaller side but super clean and everything in working order. The bathroom was fantastic. Beutiful glass enclosed shower and large jacuzzi tub.

I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is just so incredibly friendly and will go out of there way to help you.

The food from the restaurant was great along with the morning breakfast buffet. The bar is small, but again, the friendliness of the staff easily makes up for this. FYI: There are not many restaurants in the area.

I paid less than $100 a night for my room and would have easily paid up to $200 given the quality of the hotel. The Arch is just a few blocks away and an easy 5 minute walk. The convention center is about 6 blocks away but an easy 10-15 minute walk.

Don't let the size or the fact that this hotel is in a renovated bank buiding scare you away from making a reservation. This is definitely a great find!

The Cards win (and so does the Hilton)

by TripAdvisor Member GirlGathersNoMoss

There was nothing bad I could say about this stay. The staff was incredibly courteous from the moment we pulled up to the valet stand. The package we had booked included a $20 food voucher. I had expected to have to fight for it at the front desk (based on past experience with that sort of thing at other hotels); instead, they gave us an extra. Wow! The only thing that surprised me was that they didn't have a concierge desk, but the front desk staff helped me very sufficiently.

The property is gorgeous. It's an old bank building that was converted to a hotel, and it is quite well appointed. The room's layout was very comfortable -- quite European in style.

The restaurant and bar were great, too. Again, the staff was incredibly gracious.

The professionalism and courtesy of the staff cannot be understated, especially since we were there on the last night of the World Series. The city was revelling that night, which is both great and really difficult for most establishments. The Hilton handled it beautifully.

Whenever I'm in St. Louis again, this will be the FIRST place I look to stay. It was reasonably priced and worth every penny.

If only all Hiltons were like this one!

by TripAdvisor Member briantoronto

I was in St. Louis for a conference for three nights. Got a good rate at the Hilton instead of the conference hotel to get some more points.

Very friendly check-in, surprised to actually get my Gold level upgrade (free breakfast), and as well told they had free High Speed. What a nice change from the usual Hilton style!

The room was very clean, and the housekeeping was very complete - so complete they threw out a bag that had some newish shoes in it! Why the 4* rating then? Because of how the Hotel handled it. They were honestly dismayed this happened, tried to recover the shoes, and when they could not, paid for them without me asking. That is service!

As well, the lobby bar was a great place to watch the Cards beat the Tigers *grins*

I would certainly stay here again!

Great Service - Clean Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Tarheelbob

The other reviews exclaiming the top notch customer service were correct. We were treated well from the time we arrived to the time we left. I don't know how some businesses seem to get that culture/attitude to permeate throughout the employee ranks...but this Hilton has pulled it off.

Arrived on a Friday afternoon with my 11-month-old son. The front desk folks offered up all sorts of treats and toys. They also extended free valet parking...normally a $15 charge.

The rooms are clean and new...but perhaps a bit smallish.

The building was beautifully redecorated....it served many years as a banking establishment.

Only negative is the street noise that floats up to the rooms. if you are accostomed to city sleeping you won't be bothered. I always carry a "white noise" maker when I travel. It covers all ambient sound with a waterfall or falling rain sound. You can pick one up on the cheap at Wal-Mart.

I loved this hotel...will be my St Louis spot in the future.

Outstanding service

by TripAdvisor Member rltw1994

This hotel was highly recommended by my colleagues - and it lived up to all of my expectations. Excellent quality at reasonable rates this is truly a place where service comes first. The rooms are excellent, but the real value here is the quality of the staff - I travel 35 weeks a year is this was the finest hotel I stayed in in the last 12 months.

Best Hotel Experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yasuro

I'm a frequent business traveler (36 weeks per year) and I had been staying at the downtown Hyatt. Boy do I regret wasting my time there!

The Hilton is much nicer. The rooms are lighter, better decorated and possess better quality linens. The hotel staff is friendliest and most attentive that I have ever experienced.

If you have any reason to stay in downtown St. Louis, you should be sure to book you stay at the Hilton.

Absolutely Incredible!

by TripAdvisor Member Hello67

I have stayed in hotels around the world and have been traveling to St. Louis, MO for the past year and a half. When I first started coming to St. Louis (I'm at the hotel now) I tried the Hilton Ballpark, the Hampton Inn, the Embassy Suites, the Renaisance Suites and the Renaisance Hotel. For various reasons I left each and tried this hotel.

Unknowingly, I came only a few months after they had opened. I have never left. I have been coming here every week for the past year. The hotel itself is wonderful, the rooms are great, the mattresses are wonderful; but, it's the people that make this hotel.

I don't know that I can put into words how great they are. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE makes me feel like this is my home and they are my family (course, I sleep here more often than I do at home).

If you're going to be visiting St. Louis, and want to be treated like the most important person in the hotel, stay here. I have associates that have only stayed here once or twice, and when they come back after weeks of not being here, their name is remembered when they walk in the door.

I challenge you to find a hotel anywhere that can equal the quality of service and the friendliness and professionalism that is found at this hotel.

Sincerely yours,
A Very Frequent Traveler

Nice alast minute price

by TripAdvisor Member mgcasvtiany

Convenient parking, nice lobby, spacious room. Great price after booking it on priceline. Extremely happy with my stay here.

Comments