Hyatt Regency St. Louis Riverfront

315 Chestnut Street, (Formerly "Adam's Mark Hotel"), Saint Louis, Missouri, 63102, United States

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 100% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Danalia's Profile Photo

HYATT REGENCY

Its maybe one of the best hotels we ever been at.
    The only problem with those great hotel is that you don't want to leave the room...
    Try it if you are traveling in St.Louis, It will be a great experience

• Past repeat itself?

Stayed in this hotel in 2007 when it was the Adam's Mark Hotel. The staff was very rude and unprofessional. I requested a double room and was given a full bed and an offer to provide a roll-awat bed for my friend. I complained to the manager who told me I could simply take my business elsewhere, in which I did. I wrote a letter to the company and was given an apology and a certificate to stay again on them. I did a couple of months later and the staff apparently was given customer service training because they were nicer but they still tried to charge me fees and taxes for the stay and after a few embarassing moments, that was solved and then they tried to charge me parking in which they blocked my car in all night....

I am now by mistake staying there again this weekend 10/26; I hope the new management did a shake up of staff to go along with the Hilton name and reputation. So fellow review writers, I am taking your word that it deserves 4 stars....

Will provide an update to this rating after my stay...to be continued......

Directions: Downtown, St. Louis Arch, alking distance to the stadium

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

This is a very nice Hotel in the heart of Downtown St. Louis right at the Arch. We have stayed here a couple of times for a Christmas party and were very pleased with the service, food and accommodations. We had a Deluxe King room with a beautiful view of the new statium and Keiner Plaza. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms nicely appointed.

I highly recommend staying here when you are in town for a Cards game or anything that brings you here. It is within walking distance of the statium and tons of restaurants and bars. Great for a weekend getaway.

Unique Quality: The views from most rooms are wonderful.

Don't worry about bring any toiletries. Everything, even the toothpast is provided for you. I will tell you that there are no coffee pots in the rooms. I guess they want to make sure that you go to the Starbucks that is in the lobby.

There is a very nice sports bar called The Brewhouse, a Ruths Chris and a nice bar in the lobby that is open for breakfast, which was AMAZING, and in the evening.

Directions: Downtown next to the Arch

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Hyatt Property close to the Arch

The hotel property formerly known as the Adams Mark recently changed hands and is now owned by the Hyatt family of hotels. Officially they are calling it a "Hyatt Regency" - but based upon my experience staying here, as of May 2008 it wasn't quite up to the "Regency" standard. A good hotel, yes - but not a Hyatt Regency. And I don't think that the Hyatt corp really regards it as such, either - if they did, they probably would not be planning upon a $63 million renovation which is starting in Fall 2008. That's a lot of new pillows and bed-spreads! Basically, the entire hotel is getting a re-fit.

There IS a real Hyatt Regency in downtown St. Louis already - at Union Station, about a mile to the west. I've not stayed there, but have heard great things about it. Interestingly (and appropriately), the people at Priceline categorize the Hyatt Union Station as a 4-star property, while the Hyatt Riverside was 3-star. That seems about right to me.

The good news is that the rates at the Hyatt Riverside can be quite attractive! This is a very large hotel - the largest in Missouri, I believe, with 910 rooms. I was able to snare a great rate over the weekend - around $50 a night!!! Try to find a Super 8 at that rate!

Unique Quality: A really attractive feature of the Hyatt Riverside is that many many rooms feature interesting views of the River (no duh) and the Arch. On hotel's front, the windows are slanted to take advantage of the proximity to the Jefferson Westward Expansion Memorial below.

A "Heads-up": prior to arriving at the hotel, I had read horror stories about negative experiences about the parking situation here. There is no self-parking: it's all valet. Moreover, it's expensive (over $20 a night) with very slow and inefficient service. Happily, I was able to find FREE parking on nearby streets for both nights (Friday and Saturday) that I stayed here. I felt relatively good about leaving my car out on the streets - they are well-lit and well-travelled, and my chariot is just a Corolla, nothing special.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Great Convention Hotel in St. Louis

Attended a Convention and stayed in this hotel for a week.

The hotel has over 900 rooms. Great location and several of us would go jogging in the morning along the banks mighty Missisippi River. Walking distance to the St. Louis Arch.

Great convention facilities and excellent service. Free shuttle to the St. Louis International Airport.

Unfortunate for one of our delegates, she was followed back to the hotel by someone who later said was room service and then robbed in her room.

Crime can happen anywhere. But otherwise, would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Great downtown hotel

After staying near Forest Park for three nights, we stayed at the Adam's Mark for one night before heading home from vacation.

Overall, service was great. We didn't know if we'd be staying one or two nights, and the front desk said to just let them know in the morning. The doorman got us a cab immediately. The crib we requested arrived promptly.

We had a great view of the Arch and Courthouse/Busch Stadium out of our Southeastern facing window. Watching the traffic on I-70 seemed to entertain the young ones quite well while in the room.

The pool on the roof had great views in all directions. Like most hotel pools, it started at 3 ft. deep, which is a little too deep for small children (you end up swimming with them the whole time). But, this is not unusual for any hotel. It's hard to find a zero entry pool at a hotel.

There was not a real place to get coffee to go back up to the room in the morning, but the person at the cafe near the lobby got the coffee to go with a creamer and sugar packets.

A short 10 minute walk in the shadow of the arch, and we were having lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory in the LaClede's Landing area.

All this for $69 a night (Cardinals were not in town) plus $14 for parking. Sizzling Summer rate, I believe.

We wish we would have stayed here the entire vacation.

Unique Quality: Location is great, service was excellent.

Directions: Downtown, across the street from the Arch.

• Best Hotel in Downtown

You are in for a treat!! Adams Mark is located downtown in a very good spot. You can get a room with a view of the Arch, the court house, Busch Stadium, and Kiener Plaza. If you want a room with a certain view you have to ask. The prices for a room vary on what day and etc. It is well worth the price!!! You are in walking distance of most attractions, such as the Arch, Busch Stadium, Kiener Plaza, the Landing, and the historic court house. The Americas Center, Union Station, Edwards Jones Dome, Kiel Center, and the Union Station are within a short driving distance if you don't feel like a long walk. There is also a carriage ride that you can take of downtown and it is starts right on the side of the hotel. It is resonable depending on how long of a ride you want. The interior of the Adams Mark is spectacular and very romantic. It makes for a great get away.

Unique Quality: They have 2 restaurants to choose from. There are 4 lounges and a health club. Of course there are just spectacular views from the majority of the rooms.

Directions: Located Downtown. They can give you directions by phone. If you fly in they have a shuttle that can pick you up.

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

Adam's Mark

$99 Specials - Average = $150 US

Unique Quality: Great location downtown - within walking distance of the Arch, LaCledes Landing and lots of other sites downtown. If lucky, you can get a room with a great view of the Arch and the Mississippi River.

Great lobby - Check out the Horses! Also a really good Sunday Brunch - kind of expensive, but if you've got a couple of hours and a big appetitite - it's definitely worth it!

Comments