Lumiere Place Casino & Hotel

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Spa and Resort Luxury Travel
See Amenities

Horrible. Would not recommend.

Unknown (10.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 2, 2013

My husband, myself and our three children (ages 1, 9 and 10) stayed at Lumiere on September 27 and 28, 2013. No one told us when we booked that there would be a wedding reception going on. The way the hotel is set up, all of the guest rooms surround the courtyard, which is where the reception took place. The rooms are not soundproof at all, so it was very noisy and you can hear everything that is going on in the courtyard. No one in my family was able to get any sleep on the 28th because the reception was going on until the wee hours of the morning. It was very stressful and not an enjoyable experience. Also, to top it off, my one year old - who is just learning to walk - had BLACK hands, feet and shins from crawling on the dirty floors of the hotel room. It took two baths to get him clean!! It was disgusting. When we tried to talk to the front desk about it, they told us there was nothing they could do, but that we should just contact the sales office when they opened on Monday morning to discuss the problems. No one from the sales office has yet returned my telephone call. The hotel cost us $280 per night, and I would have preferred to stay at a Motel 6. I would not recommend the hotel and will never stay there again

Very Disappointing

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 28, 2011

This review is for the Hotel Lumiere on the St Louis riverfront. It is not a review of the casino or the adjoining 4 Seasons Hotel.

Any one who gives this hotel a rating of higher than poor must normally stay at Super 8 motels.

My wifeife & I stayed there for our 25th wedding anniversary. What a mistake.

Check In:
Website advertised complementary self-parking. I was charged $10 per day.
Tried to give us a 1st floor room. Given a 2nd floor room after I refused.
The second floor room had a lovely view of the backside of the hotel sign and smelled like 4 or 5 cigar smokers had just finished an all night poker game.
After complaining once again we were finally given a 7th floor room with a nice view of the Arch and Laclede’s Landing area.

Once Settled In:
The in-room refrigerator contained a well stocked minibar. Unfortunately, it was so well stocked there was no room for the small campaign bottle we brought to celebrate our anniversary the next day.
Website advertised free wifi. When I cranked up my iPad to check email I discovered that wifi cost just under $5 for just 4 hours. It has been nearly 10 years since I have paid for an Internet connection in a hotel. Even a $40 per night Super 8 has free in room wifi.
There was no extra blanket in the room. I called the front desk for a blanket and was told one would be sent right up. It took a 2nd call and 3 hours to get the blanket.
The lighting in the bathroom can best be described as twilight. It was difficult for my wife to apply her makeup with such a low level of light. There was a lighted makeup mirror. It made a great night light. However, it was useless as a makeup mirror. The brightest light setting on the mirror was not much more than a soft glow.
On the last night we were awaken by a 5 am wakeup call which we did not ask for.

Room Service:
The in house restaurant advertises the name Savoy. So, you expect 5-star food. We were tired the 1st night. So, we ordered in. It took a full 2 minutes for room service to answer the phone. We ordered a pizza margarita and 2 Caesar salads. What was delivered was a St Louis style cheese pizza with 3 or 4 slices of tomato on top. The “Caesar” salad was some romaine lettuce, a Parmesan cheese crisp and some bottled creamy Italian dressing on the side. The food was good; but, not what one would expect from a restaurant bearing the name Savoy and certainly not worth the $40 we were charged.

Check Out:
When we checked out I was looking forward to the front desk clerk to ask me the usual “how was your stay”. The question wasn’t asked; just “here is your receipt, have a nice day”.
As I was unlocking my car in the parking lot, I looked down and saw 3 used syringes on the ground next to my car. So much for the parking lot security.

Summary:
I would rate this hotel as not much better than a Motel 6 with a bar in the lobby. If you include taxes and parking this room cost almost $200 per night. For the same amount of money or less, there are much better hotels in downtown St Louis.
There are 2 positive things about this hotel: 1) the lobby area was nice, 2) it is very convenient to the Lumiere casino. I could write another book about the casino.
For the additional price of some pretty cheap airplane tickets, I could have, and should have taken my wife to Las Vegas and stayed in

changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

St. Louis's Best New Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 28, 2011

We stayed in the Lumiere Place Hotel and just loved it. All of the rooms are king suites and very nicely furnished. Our room had a very nice view of the river which is right up our alley. The casino is a nice short, covered walk away with some great places to eat. Yes of course we tried our luck, but you know how that goes.

Unique Quality: The staff here are wonderful and very eager to please.

Directions: Downtown on the River Front.

changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

One of St. Louis' Finer Hotels

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 24, 2009

This place is absolutely wonderful. From the time you get out at the valet to the time you leave, the service is impeccable. Every employee greats you, makes sure you have everything you need and is willing to help in any way possible. All the rooms are king suites and decorated beautifully, yet very comfortable.

We had our convention and kick-off party there this year and the accommodations were very nice.

I highly recommend staying here any time you are in the area. The casino is very nice with some great places to eat and shop. We ate at the Burger Bar and the food was great.

Unique Quality: All rooms are king suites with flat screen TV's in the bedroom and living room area.

Nearby Lumiere Place Casino & Hotel

• Room Service
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Services

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews