Millennium Hotel St. Louis

Tags

Architecture Theater Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

Great Stay at a Great Place

by written on April 4, 2012

I’m not sure if the previous reviewers stayed at the same Millennium hotel in St. Louis as I did because my friend and I had nothing short of a fantastic visit at this hotel. Everyone from the phone operator, to the front desk, to the bellhops, shuttle drivers and housekeeping were all super courteous, professional, friendly, accommodating…everything you could want in a hotel staff. Our room was awesome, spacious and impeccably clean including an awesome view of the St. Louis Arch. Linens were clean and fresh and the extra pillow I requested was delivered quickly. The weekend we were there, the place was packed with March Madness fans, a wedding reception and a bridal shower. However, we had no idea because we were treated as if we were the only ones staying there! Without hesitation, check this place out and give them the rating they deserve. So many people have time to complain, but so few have time to say job well done! Well, I have the time and I’m saying job well done loud and clear. We will most definitely come back to the Millennium St. Louis again and again.

Our special thanks and praise goes out to:
Jessica A.
Ernie
Kevin (best shuttle driver in the world!)
Sheldon
Jackie
Sonny
Erika
Terrence
Wanda
Jessica W.

Unique Quality: The staff is fantastic and friendly! Food great; accommodations great.

NEVER AGAIN!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 9, 2009

First of all when I booked the room I was told I could request an Arch View. Not True. According to the hotel, you can only book Arch view directly through the Hotel itself. They suggested I cancel with Expedia (in which you cannot) and book with them for twice the price. Second of all, no where does it say you have to pay for parking. You have to pay a $18 per day to park in a parking garage across from the hotel and they do not allow you to unload in front of the hotel first, as it interrupts their valet service. Third of all, you get charged for making local calls, even if no one answers the phone. Next, you have to wait a very long time to get on the elevator and to top it off, I got stuck in it twice the same day. Fifth, the beds are hard as a rock. Sixth, they did not bring us clean towels during our stay nor restock the coffee, in fact there was no attempt to clean the room at all during our stay. The food was outrageously expensive and tasted awful. The staff at the front desk were incredibly rude. The only thing good about the hotel was the location. I would take Super 8 any day over this motel. It is more than half the price, clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff, free local calls and even a free breakfast, all that and you can even park free at their motels! If this it what you get when you "pay for a name", I will never do it again!

Absolutely gorgeous!

by written on July 20, 2006

When I visit St. Louis, I almost always stay at the Millennium Hotel. The location alone is enough to reel me in! Imagine this: You're staying at the Millennium for 4th of July weekend (when I was last there). Around nine o' clock PM, you're looking out your 27th floor room at the Arch, suddenly you hear live music playing from the riverfront just past the arch. Suddenly, you realize what's happening as your room is lit up by the best view of a fireworks display you've ever seen. It's literally across the street from you! I swear, this hotel has got to have the best view of the arch in the city. The next day, you can walk a block from the hotel and watch the Cardinals play in their new stadium or you can walk a few blocks to "The Landing" which has great night life with live blues bands and such!

Besides the view, the hotel has a restaurant at the top that spins while you eat. There's literally not a bad seat in the place. The prices are a little high. My wife and I spent over $150 for the two of us to eat up there. We had great service up there for their Sunday brunch. We had this young girl who kept our glasses full and supplied us with all the FREE CHAMPAGNE we wanted.

The bar, Martini's, is just your typical hotel bar.

The restaurant downstairs is nice also, it's called the 4th St. Grill. It is what it is: a casual restaurant in a nice hotel. It's pretty affordable for a hotel restaurant and the servers there are all really nice.

I order room service every day I'm at the hotel. The menu's the same as the grill's, but they bring it to your room QUICKLY. Also, this is also the only time I was told that "gratuity is already included; we just need your signature on the line." Most people would hope that you didn't know the tip was already on there!

The housekeeping people are grumpy. It's like they all hate to do their jobs. I complained about their attitude while I was there once and the General Manager of the hotel actually made everything ok. I ended up with a free dinner in the casual restaurant!

Unique Quality: The hotel has two towers (and I mean towers). The taller tower is a little creepy; it has fairly narrow hallways, but the rooms are pretty nice. The shorter tower is nice; it has a series of balconies that the rooms are on with nice glass elevators. These balconies overlook this huge atrium with a game room and an indoor pool right in the middle of the hotel! By the way, there's also an outside pool that's nice too! But an inside pool is really nice to relax in while it's raining! If you're looking to get business done, but don't want to be holed up in your room, the lobby has lots of seating where nobody will bother you, and yet you aren't being such a recluse.

Directions: Just head toward the arch, then look for the building with two round towers.

solopes's Profile Photo

Balcony to the Arch

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 30, 2006

I went a little cautious about this hotel, because all the tips that I read before going there were rather negative. I don’t agree. It’s not a top class hotel, I can't refer anything special, but everything worked as needed. The rooms were good and clean and the staff was gentle (even some of them rather expansive and friendly).

My only complaint: too much aimed in business. A friend of mine, mounting an exhibition in the hotel conference area, needed to suspend a poster in his stand. Asking the hotel’s responsible if she could lend him a ladder, the answer was: yes, if you pay for it. Shocking! That would never happen in Portugal.

Well, I know, we were in America, and… business "uber alles"!

Paulie_D's Profile Photo

Millennium Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 23, 2003

I was booked into this hotel as part of my Route 66 tour and, to my mind, it's really a convention or tour group hotel

That is not to say that it is a down market establishment. An arresting 3-storey glass wall in the lobby provides a grand view of the Arch and, if you are fortunate, as I was, to have a river view room, you get an even better look at the Arch.

The Millennium features a revolving restauarant on the 28th Floor (which was closed on the two nights that I visited) which I understand is excellent but pricey.

Instead, on my second night I tried their, less formal, "Fourth Street Grill". Service was terrible. They only seemed to have two staff in the whole place and so, I had a long wait to get attended to and then served.

Unique Quality: Location & views are the plus points for this hotel with the Arch, Busch Stadium and the Metro Line all within short walking distance.

If I were to visit St Louis again, I would seriously consider the Millennium purely for the above points alone.

Directions: Downtown, betwen the Gateway Arch and Busch Stadium

One of St. Louis' Best

by written on December 23, 2002

Our room was on the 27th floor and the view was awesom.......good thing you got me a digital camera, because again, I forgot one. The view is awesome, as soon as I figure out how to put the picture on the site I'll do so. Thanks honey for an awesome Christmas!!

Unique Quality: The bar downstairs is called Martini's and there is a bartendar that works there named Barbara she is great. You'll get wonderful service from her.

Directions: 1 block from Busch Stadium on 4th Street

8 Photos of Millennium Hotel St. Louis

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews