6177 Delmar Blvd, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63112, United States

Rated 12% higher but also costs 70% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Moonrise Hotel

Top Notch Service!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Kneeshell

I just wanted to commend theh staff of the Moonrise Hotel. I was a guest with a wedding party. As I was pinning a boutineer it broke. The front desk staff (if I remember correctly, her name is Lisa) called a nearby florist for help. When that didn't work, she found some wire and fixed the flower for me.

Many, many thanks for your prompt service throughout the weekend!

Attentive staff, great location, beautiful rooftop bar

by TripAdvisor Member KatieKY

*Free wireless, free use of computers, free parking, free little gym and room service until 3 a.m.!*

This was my first time in St. Louis so I was confused about the location of the Moonrise Hotel on the Delmar Loop. However, I soon realized that the Delmar Loop is a hot spot for hipsters, 20 somethings, college kids and families. There are many unqiue shops and restaurants near Moonrise, which makes it an ideal location for someone new to the area.

The Moonrise Hotel itself was very modern and swanky. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly--always asking how your stay was going or if you needed anything. The rooms were beautiful with very comfortable beds and edgy decor.

The rooftop bar at the Moonrise is a wonderful spot for a drink on a nice night. The age range varies, but the music and excellent drinks made it perfect for me and my boyfriend, both in our 20s.

I highly recommend this boutique hotel.

Take a dive into the Moonrise!

by TripAdvisor Member ceegee3

The moonrise hotel was an extraordinary hotel and held everything that is amazing about a hotel. I went to the moonrise for my 21st birthday weekend and I couldnt have chosen a better place! Check in was a little rocky because my reservation could not be found but it was more than made up for by my hostess, Ashley, who gave me the same deal I found on the internet and even greeted me when I walked in later. Every member of the staff was great including a man who I thought was a janitor, who even was cheery and willing to greet me as an honored guest. When you hold a key at this hotel, you literally feel honored and that is how it should be...I mean some of us have to work hard for our money. The room was nothing short of amazing with an impressive bed that is a piece of heaven on earth. The decor was new and modern and the hotel still had a fresh scent to it. Free wireless internet was another plus...but is barely used with the things surrounding this hotel. Free parking when parking your own car. The fitness room was one of the best I have seen and offered us as guests free bottled water which was great. The fact that it was on Delmar street was another plus because it is a great, eclectic street full of nightlife and energy. My favorite part though of the entire experience had to be the rooftop terrace lounge which made for great fun and good drinks. Both nights we went up to the roof for drinks and music under the stars. Everything about the hotel screamed out elegance even though it was only quoted as a 4 star hotel it definitely holds a 5 star rating in my book. The rain shower was also another plus. When calling the front desks things were handled professionally and with ease and they even delivered to us 4 glasses, 4 robes and 4 new sets of towels which made in for a relaxing and comfortable night. The only downside to the hotel was that it had no swimming pool but if it did have a swimming pool there would be no reason for anyone to go to any other hotel considering that no one has given it a rating lower than excellent already :) I will definitely be making this my hotel for stays in st louis.

Hippest Hotel in St. Louis

by TripAdvisor Member Fango

First, let me disclaim that I didn't actually stay at this hotel. I only visited it during its grand opening event, however, I live in St. Louis and know all the hotels. This hotel is the hippest thing to hit St. Louis since the arch. We have other hotels that I would consider "boutiques", but this one is really, truly a boutique hotel. It's very hip and modern and the rooms I viewed were very well appointed with a fresh, modern feel. I wouldn't describe it as "over the top luxurious", but I dont' think that's what they're aiming for, either.

Probably the best feature of this hotel is the location. It's the only hotel in the University City Loop area and it would be a perfect location for a lot of reasons. The Loop is a terrific entertainment district and I could easily see a person wanting to go to dinner and a movie at the Tivoli then have drinks and spend the night at the Moonrise. Or take in a concert next door at the Pageant, but don't want to drive home late at night. It would make a wonderful weekend getaway even for someone who lives in St. Louis. There are so many shops and restaurants in the area, plus it's a just a short jog from Forest Park. You could even walk to the Art Museum or the History Museum as part of your weekend getaway, or take in a performance at the MUNY Opera. Ten minutes of walking or less and you'll be at the entrance to the park. It's also so conveniently located a block away from the Metro station that it makes it a perfect hotel for business or pleasure events downtown, such as a Cardinals game.

The rooftop bar wasn't open yet for the grand-opening, but I did have an opportunity to go up there and take a look and I'm sure it's a major attraction for the hotel now. I also don't know what they're charging for rooms, but I can't imagine it's out of line with other properties you would consider in St. Louis. Even if it's more, the location of the Moonrise in a pedestrian friendly, nearly 24/7 neighborhood, makes it worth it.

Joe Edwards has been responsible for so many other anchor attractions in the Loop area and they are always conceived, executed and managed very well. I think he hit a home-run with the Moonrise.

Great location, great service, beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Thelonius48

My wife and I couldn't have been more impressed. The Moonrise is right in heart of the Delmar Loop and within easy walking distance of all the music venues and shops. Even with the construction on Hwy 64, we easily drove to Forest Park, the Hill, Botanical Gardens and other sights. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooftop bar is the perfect place to begin or end a night on the town. The room was very clean and comfortable but the half doors on the showers required a towel on the floor to keep the water in check. The next time we are in St Louis we will certainly stay at the Moonrise!

A perfect experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Nancer3

Even though we live nearby, we decided to stay at the Moonrise for a fun evening away on our anniversary. We couldn't wait to check out the newest addition to the Loop ... and we were not disappointed!

The rooms are beautiful, as is the entire hotel (Beds=Amazing!) We checked in and then went next door for drinks and bowling at the Pin-Up Bowl, which is always fun. Later we went up to the rooftop bar for cocktails and then downstairs to dinner at Eclipse. The view on the rooftop is amazing and the crowd was a great mix of young, old, casual and dressy - very diverse just like the rest of the Loop. The dinner at Eclipse was excellent and the breakfast (room service) the next morning was really good too. And I have to agree with the other reviews - everyone on the staff was super friendly and fun - no stuffiness here.

If you are coming from out of town, this is the perfect location ... all the wonderful places on the Loop (GREAT restaurants and shops!) are right outside your door and Forest Park and Wash U are only a couple of blocks away. And if you need to go elsewhere, MetroLink is right there.

This is exactly what this area needed. We can't wait to have our family and friends stay there when they visit! And WE will definitely be going back soon for drinks, food and hopefully another stay!

All that I had hoped it would be !

by TripAdvisor Member ArkansasRelaxer

I stumbled across the Moonrise in April when I was planning this trip for my wife and myself. Thought the websight and the early reviews sounded good - but I was still skeptical -- but now I can tell you it is a great place to stay. We enjoyed the accomodations and the Loop Location. The atmosphere is electric and exciting and the Customer Service is excellent. We also enjoyed a day trip to Historic Downtown St Charles as well -- Great Place to go if you get the chance. Thanks to the employees of the Moonrise for delivering on what you advertise on your web site - that is something that is hard to find in todays world. Great Job and we will be back.

Best hotel ever!!!

by TripAdvisor Member elvisboy

From the time we pulled up they were nothing but friendly and helpfull. They answered every question and were very very good at their jobs. The hotel itself was simply gorgeous. The person who designed it had thought of everything. The rooms were very comfortable and contemperary. The bellman gave us directions to our concert that were right on the money. I believe the people who work there really enjoy their jobs. I would highly recomend this hotel. It was clean comfortable and all around great hotel. The location is great you can walk to shops, resturants, bar. Check out the rooftop bar the view is simple gorgeous. I rate this top on my list of places to visit again!!

Seeing a new side of St. Louis

by TripAdvisor Member jerandnan

We decided to stay in St. Louis for our 10th anniversary, and are we ever glad we did.

We ended up here by accident. I named $101 on Priceline for a 4- or 5-star hotel either downtown or in Forest Park/Clayton area and Moonrise accepted the bid. We were psyched because we were expecting one of the slightly older downtown hotels (Renaissance or Hyatt, e.g.) to accept the bid.

The Moonrise is a sleek, modern gem. The room was not large but well appointed with a giant, comfy king sized bed. It had a flat-screen tv, an iPod docking station, and wifi internet connection, as well as a soft chaise lounge. The bathroom is also very modern; but the shower is a little small.

The roof terrace bar was also lovely on a late-spring evening -- great views of downtown and Clayton -- and nice people watching.

Easily one of the best hotel experiences of our lives. Will come again.

Decadence at its finest.

by TripAdvisor Member victoriaSt_Louis

My boyfriend planned a birthday outing for me at the Moonrise Hote in Saint Louis, Missouri. They helped him to surprise me with flowers, dinner, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and so much romance and ambiance! I was delighted with our stay and the people were so helpful and kind. We had drinks and dinner at the Eclipse where we were indulged by our bartender Nick and later in the evening our waiter Scott. Both were well informed about the area and very professional in their assignments. Thank you Moonrise for making turning 50 an exciting and happy event!

Comments