Renaissance St Louis Grand Hotel

See Amenities

Overpriced & Overrated

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance Grand in St. Louis to attend the Joyce Meyer Conference. There were four of us in our room. The reason we chose this hotel was satisfaction with accommodations from a previous stay. Our room was not as promised, but due to the volume of folks downtown, we decided to remain in the given room.
The cost of $170.00 seemed high to us, however, when others told us of much lower prices, we were
disheartened.
Although the staff was courteous, they could not do anything to appease our stay.
The final straw came when we were given the bill of $28.00 per day for parking! Our car was driven to the parking lot on Thursday & left there until Sunday. The valet drivers were given generous tips each time.
We will be more selective for next year when planning our trip to St. Louis.
Therese R

Directions: Downtown St. Louis

mermaid272's Profile Photo

A really nice hotel in Downtown St Louis

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2008

The Renaissance hotel was very nice. I got a great deal on Priceline on a Sunday for 102$ with taxes. My bid was 89$ I bid on the 4 star hotels and got this one. They are slow on Sundays so I think I could have even gotten a better deal.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was bigger than I had seen in any hotel. The bathtub was nothing fancy but it was nice to be able to move around a bit.

The parking is expensive. Normal parking is 14$ a day. We got confused downtown and decided to have our car valet parked for 25$.

We stayed at this hotel to go to a concert at the Savis Center. It is close and taxi ride was less than 10 dollars. This is a great place nothing is free but it's very nice.

Directions: The hotel is right across the street from the convention center

changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2006

Wow. That pretty much sums up our stay here.

The Christmas party was booked here, so like every year we booked a room for the night. First of all, the lady in reservations, Barb, was wonderful. A couple of days prior to our stay, we decided to see if we could upgrade our room. Not only did we get a great price, they booked us in a hospitality suite, which was HUGE and very nicely decorated. The room consisted of a wet bar and refrigerator, a large dinning area and living room. Then down the hall was a very spacious bedroom with desk, TV and a nice view from both windows. The restroom was gigantic with great amenities, tile and something you don't get at many hotels, great water pressure.

Prior to our arrival, I went to their website and used their "Virtual Concierge" to request a few things for our stay. This is a wonderful service that I recommend using if you get the chance.

The ballroom that we had for the party was beautiful and very spacious. The service for the party was impeccable and considering this was not a small party (approximately 1,000 people) it is something that is always welcomed. The food was very good and the portions were very generous.

So, in a nutshell. From the time we pulled up to valet park to the time we left, our stay here was amazing. The only downfall was that we only stayed one night. I defiantly recommend staying here for a night or two. Plus it is right in the heart of downtown within walking distance of the Edward Jones Dome, Macy's and many other places.

I unfortunately forgot to bring my camara, so the only pictures I have are from the hotel website. The photo of the Deluxe Guest Room, shows exactly how our bedroom in the suite looked.

Unique Quality: This is a historical hotel, built in 1917 and is a huge complex with 23 floors, 875 rooms and 203 suites. I would say it takes up approximately 4 city blocks, however, it is very easy to get around in.

The service is fantastic. It was beautifully decorated for the holidays. They seem to have very good security. Pets allowed, with a non-refundable sanitation fee of $45.00, be sure to contact hotel for details

The Capri restaruant was very good. They have a very nice breakfast buffet. Plus there is a Starbucks in the lobby area.

Directions: Downtown St. Louis.

Nearby Renaissance St Louis Grand Hotel

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews