Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis

Booking.com Expedia.com

Excellent Customer Service

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2008

I stayed at the Sheraton July 3rd through July 6th and was not disappointed. This hotel is lovely, the rooms are clean and comfortable, but best of all, the customer service won me over.

I hadn't considered what I would do with my bags as I arrived in town on an early flight. Instead of telling me to wait from 10:30 a.m until the check-in time at 3 p.m, the desk clerk allowed me to check in early. I could have kissed her.

That night I ordered room service. The food arrived hot in about 15 minutes. Keep in mind they add 18% gratuity to your bill. I certainly had that in mind as the wait person seemed to be hinting I should give her money. Nice try sweetie.

The concierge and door men couldn't have been more helpful the next morning when I inquired about where I could find a restaurant near by to eat breakfast as I felt like getting out of the hotel. Not only did they call ahead to 2 restaurants to make sure they were open, they put me on the hotel shuttle which took me to the restaurant and picked me up when I was finished. Now THAT is service! All done with smiles on their faces.

The day after that, a friend of mine needed some time to work and dropped me off at the near by Galleria Mall. I was not at all sure how I'd get back to the hotel. After a long day of shopping, I called the hotel and 30 minutes later the hotel shuttle picked me up at the mall. I was beyond grateful.

I had lunch at the hotel my last day there and the wait staff was friendly and went out of their way to make me feel less uncomfortable about eating alone.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, user-friendly room temp adjustments, plenty of hot water.

The only downside? The hotel elevators can be frustratingly slow. I heard complaint after complaint about that.

Unique Quality: The hotel shuttle which will take you anywhere in the Clayton area you need to be.

In a business district away from most tourists.

Directions: Clayton Business District

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews