7730 Bonhomme Avenue, Clayton, Missouri, 63105, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Excellent Customer Service

I stayed at the Sheraton July 3rd through July 6th and was not disappointed. This hotel is lovely, the rooms are clean and comfortable, but best of all, the customer service won me over.

I hadn't considered what I would do with my bags as I arrived in town on an early flight. Instead of telling me to wait from 10:30 a.m until the check-in time at 3 p.m, the desk clerk allowed me to check in early. I could have kissed her.

That night I ordered room service. The food arrived hot in about 15 minutes. Keep in mind they add 18% gratuity to your bill. I certainly had that in mind as the wait person seemed to be hinting I should give her money. Nice try sweetie.

The concierge and door men couldn't have been more helpful the next morning when I inquired about where I could find a restaurant near by to eat breakfast as I felt like getting out of the hotel. Not only did they call ahead to 2 restaurants to make sure they were open, they put me on the hotel shuttle which took me to the restaurant and picked me up when I was finished. Now THAT is service! All done with smiles on their faces.

The day after that, a friend of mine needed some time to work and dropped me off at the near by Galleria Mall. I was not at all sure how I'd get back to the hotel. After a long day of shopping, I called the hotel and 30 minutes later the hotel shuttle picked me up at the mall. I was beyond grateful.

I had lunch at the hotel my last day there and the wait staff was friendly and went out of their way to make me feel less uncomfortable about eating alone.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, user-friendly room temp adjustments, plenty of hot water.

The only downside? The hotel elevators can be frustratingly slow. I heard complaint after complaint about that.

Unique Quality: The hotel shuttle which will take you anywhere in the Clayton area you need to be.

In a business district away from most tourists.

Directions: Clayton Business District

More about Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis

Great service!

by TripAdvisor Member nessie421

My husband and I live in D.C., but got married in St. Louis on May 26th this year. After some research on the best prices for hotels in Clayton, we blocked our rooms for our guests for Friday and Saturday night; a hospitality suite for myself and the bridesmaids for Friday night; and a room for our wedding night on Saturday. Our guests got a rate of $109/night and we got a slight upgrade to a little suite for our wedding night for $109. I believe the hospitality suite cost about $250 (with tax a little over $300).

We dealt with the Sales Manager Terry Trojan. He was friendly, professional, and very helpful. They made us a free wedding website with our information, pictures, and link so guests could book a room online at the wedding rate, which was a nice touch.

The good:
1) The staff are all extremely courteous, friendly, accommodating, and helpful, from the bellhop to the front desk staff, to the manager. Examples include the staff moving my luggage from the hospitality suite to the wedding night suite; Terry changing my sister’s room from a queen to two double beds (when she initially called to make reservations, she was told there weren’t any rooms with double beds); the people at the front desk opening my purse and taking out my credit card when they noticed I had just gotten my nails done, etc. Better service than I got at the local Ritz-Carlton! They were wonderful.

2) The hotel is in a great area of St. Louis. Clayton is a vibrant, safe, wealthy suburb with countless restaurants, cafes, salons, art stores, etc. There is a lot to in walking distance of the hotel and the hotel also offers a courtesy shuttle to and from the airport; to the Metro; and to local attractions.

3) The lobby is very impressive (and was very nice to walk through in my full wedding gown :)

4) The hotel is very clean.

5) Our hospitality suite was enormous! There was a sitting area with 2 tables, a couch, 2 chairs, and a tv; a dining/meeting area with large dark wood table; a little back area with a sink, microwave, and mini fridge; and 2 large bedrooms – one with a king size bed, desk, 2 chairs (one for desk; one for reclining), tv, and bathroom; and one with two queen-sized bed, desk, 2 chairs (one for desk; one for reclining), tv, and bathroom. The view from the windows was amazing. There were also 6 free large bottles of water and complimentary breakfast on the 16th floor (which the wedding party and I made full use of !).

6) The breakfast was good – Starbucks coffee, teas, bottled water, soda, fruit, cereal, bagels, danish, eggs, toast, etc.- and the attendant was pleasant.

7) Our wedding night suite was very nice and also included breakfast. No complaints there.

8) The beds are incredibly soft and comfortable.

The bad:
Well, there is nothing really bad, but here are the hotel’s weaker points:

1) Small bathrooms
2) Only 2 elevators, which run very slowly. Imagine trying to make it to your wedding from the 15th floor when the elevators stops at almost every…single...floor! One time we were almost to the lobby, and the elevator took us back to the 15th floor!

We did not eat at the restaurant or use the pool or gym, so I can’t comment on them.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone getting married as the hospitality suite is a great deal and the staff are very helpful.

Decent business hotel

I found this hotel to be fairly average - a good business hotel, very conveniently located. As others noted, the elevator situation is a little bothersome. However the staff was very friendly. Clubfloor room was fine, no problems. The food served in the club lounge was very good, and the service there was outstanding. I would definitely stay here again.

I walked around the area and it seemed fine. I felt safe.

If you have business in Clayton this would probably be an excellent base.

Will definitely return!!

by TripAdvisor Member OnTheGoFairway

We stayed here to attend the Police concert on 7/2. Great location to avoid the traffic and parking downtown St. Louis. This hotel is two blocks from the St. Louis metro station - 20 minutes and you are downtown!!! The hotel staff was extremely accomodating. The food in the restaurant was very good. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable though a bit small. We didn't mind as we were just there to sleep. I will definitely choose this hotel again for any event I am attending in downtown St. Louis.

The Staff Was Great!

by TripAdvisor Member Turkishqueen

I got married last October at the Sheraton in Clayton and overall it was a wonderful experience! We had our Banquet Manager Maxene Stoloff- who is just the BEST! She did a fantastic job with our event itself. We also had a block of rooms set aside for our out of towners- Terry (can't remember last name) was an extreme help with this! My complaints were through my wedding guests who stayed at the hotel- and there was many including overnight parking charge;mold/cigarette smoke/pool smell in guest rooms; slow elavators. Our wedding suite was very small, and did smell strongly of pool chemicals- but hey, we were married:). One of my guests were very upset with the lack of response she got from the General Manager on a room situation.
If they would upgrade & fix many of these room problems- this would be such a great hotel!

Our stay in St. Louis

by TripAdvisor Member delta210

The hotel was more than my wife, Angie, expected. The hotel is in the middle of Clayton Park and is close to everything. It is a few miles from the St. Louis Zoo and Children's Science Center, which both have free admission. The room was nice and the interior looks a little dated but for the price we paid and we got in return it was worth it.!

We had a great breakfast buffet and a nice swim in the pool.

Sort of okay

by TripAdvisor Member alamo1

The Sheraton offered nothing great and nothing really terrible when we were there. The bed and the lobby would definitely suggest 3 star. But the size of the room, very small, and the upkeep of the pool area would suggest 2 or below. Oh, and everything you read or heard about the slow elevators is true. I took the stairs more than half the time and beat my wife to our 5th floor room.

Descent

by TripAdvisor Member mashed_potatoes

This was a pretty nice hotel. The room was a bit crowded, however. The beds were very comfortable. Another thing, the pool was nice, but if you have read or heard anything about the slow elevators...BELIEVE THEM. The elevators are quite slow and there are only 2 in the hotel for guests to use. The service seemed friendly although I did not come in contact with them much. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it, but it is not necessarily at the top of my list.

One night college visit

by TripAdvisor Member whattascreenname

Stayed here for a night while my son and I were in town for university visit. There was a wedding party in the hotel that evening, so I knew that things could be a little loud (it was). Walls did a decent job of keeping the noise out. Room was comfortable (especially the bed), very clean, and location of hotel is advantageous. Fairly well-lit at night and seemed to be a very safe area.
Forest park attractions are very close with lots to do (free stuff abounds-very family friendly) and you can be at the Arch in ~15 mins. Upon check-in, I had to request a room with 2 beds, as we had a single with a queen. Desk personnel were kind and able to accomodate without a problem. I used Hotwire, got a good rate ($74 after tax), but call to confirm room prior to arrival, as I did, so you can rectify any potential problems with booking.
Parking is $12/day with in and out, but you could park on Bonhomme if you find a spot.
DId not eat at the hotel, but had a drink in the bar/lounge, and it was a nice quiet atmosphere at the end of a long Sunday.
One small drawback, pun intended, is the "gym." Don't plan on training for the Ironman, much less the tinman, in this very sparce 'excercise' room.
Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel, would return to it if we come back, and would recommend it to others.

Sheraton was nice

by TripAdvisor Member dattman86

We just stayed at the Sheraton in Clayton, MO over the Labor Day weekend and enjoyed the experience. The hotel was clean with a friendly staff who met all of our needs including a last minute switch to a non-smoking room (we booked through priceline and did not call earlier to specify our preference). There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and the surrounding area seemed upscale and well kept.

The best part about the Sheraton location for us was the very close proximity to a metro station. We were in town to see a couple of cardinal games and couldn't find accommodations dowtown, so took a chance here. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out we could just walk down the street a couple blocks, get on a train and be delivered right to the stadium. Additionally, there are a couple of other convenient stops on the route that allow for dining and shopping.

All in all, we had a very pleasant experience except for the $12/day parking which seemed a little unreasonable for the area. I recommend.

Comments