Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel And Suites

400 South 14th Street, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63103, United States

Sheraton City Center St. Louis
Priceline.com Sheraton.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• A great end to the day!

The Sheraton was fantastic. We booked through Entertainment book, and got $99.00. Two Queen Beds, 2 TV's, sitting room, large bathroom, and the bedding was fantastic.

Unique Quality: We had a nice City View, and the beds are absolutely wonderful.......

• yoyosh's Profile Photo

It's a pretty typical Sheraton

For business travel, it does the trick. Great location if your stay in St Louis involves any downtown activities (its a short walk to the baseball stadium, gateway arch, and the hockey stadium is basically across the street). the rate is usually very fair, the rate I usually get is between 95 and 130/night.

Unique Quality: not really sure if anything is unique or outstanding here, although the location is awesome, and the hotel staff have always been friendly and accomidating with any requests i've had.

More about Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel And Suites

Great King-Size Bed!

by TripAdvisor Member messford

Maybe I'm going overboard, but the super-comfortable king-size bed blew me away! Check-in & check-out were smooth & the room was fabulous. What more could you want? Our stay was brief, but enjoyable. My only nitpick was the crowded entryway which made it difficult to know where to pull up with my car. Otherwise a clean, very comfortable hotel.

Very nice - watch the extra costs...

I got this room via Priceline. It's a very unique building - actually a converted historic warehouse. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was HUGE and nicely decorated - it had a fridge, separate "kitchen sink" (with granite countertops!) and fridge. Service was very good, and the room and hotel itself was immaculately clean.

I ate at the sports bar one night - it was typical sports bar food. The restaurant was basically empty - I think this hotel clearly caters to business conventions and when they're not in town the hotel is a little empty. Union Station is only about a 10-minute walk, and it has lots of restaurants, shops, etc.

As noted above, watch the hidden fees. Parking is $15/night - after the first night I just parked at meters on the street. Also, Internet access is $10/day, and local calls are $1 each

Overall I'd stay here again, with the advance knowledge to park on the street and search out wi-fi hotspots ahead of time.

Awesome hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member carsonsmom42025

We stayed at this Sheraton for two nights and I wanted to stay longer! We were greeted by EXTREMELY friendly staff and the sports bar has THE BEST food we ate the whole time we were there!!! I will be eating there everytime I go back regardless of if I'm staying overnight or not!! It was that good! The pool was GREAT! We were able to go at times of the day when only a few people were there so we had the pool to ourselves most of the time we were in it! The best times to swim? We went around 8PM the first night and stayed in for an hour and around 3PM the second day and stayed in for an hour and a half! My son loved it! The housekeeping staff was excellent and very friendly! The room was clean AND very nice! I am in love with this hotel!! It is right next to the exit as you've probably read in other reviews but you can't hear the traffic noise from inside the hotel, despite what others have said. And they were doing work on the hotel and it did wake us up the first morning but we had slept late anyway and by day two it never woke us....however the guest next door that liked to sing in the shower did wake us both mornings!! :) We had a great trip to St. Louis and this hotel made it perfect! I couldn't wait each day to get back to the hotel so we could dip in the pool for a while and the staff was so friendly that there isn't a bad thing to say about them! Without a doubt I recommend this hotel and give it top ratings!
This hotel was a short 5-10minute walk to the ball park (we had our 4 year old with us so we had to go a bit slower :)
We also got to the zoo in less than 15 minutes, its just a few blocks from the city museum (which I DO NOT recommend- the aquarium is not what you think, fun but a let down), Right across the street from the metrolink which is just a ten minute ride to the arch (I highly recommend the metrolink as well) and less than 30 minutes from grant's farm!! It is definatly in a very convienent location!

serviceable at best

by TripAdvisor Member KTI_70

We stayed at the Sheraton City Center in St. Louis on Aug. 5-6, 2005.

Positive aspects of Sheraton City Center--very big rooms--if you need space to meet with colleagues, friends, or family, this hotel might be for you. The minibar area has a good sized counter, bar refrigerator, and sink. As other reviewers have said, the beds are definitely nice, but the Renaissance Grand has better ones.

Disappointments--Poor attention to detail overall. The decor in rooms is unimaginative and very typical of a hotel. Our room had burned out or missing lightbulbs in all but one light fixture (important since the rooms have no natural light). Damp towels from previous guests were still hanging on the back of our bathroom door. The hairdryer that was supposed to be provided was missing. We requested another, along with the lightbulbs, but none of the items ever appeared. I finally opted to go to dinner with towel-dried hair.

Amenities--The olympic-sized pool with a lifeguard was a plus, but there were no towels. The lifeguard said he had requested towels over an hour before, and we swam for at least an hour. There were still no towels when we sloshed back to our rooms. The sundeck near the pool is a terrific space. However, the same bottles, cans, and dirty ashtrays remained on the tables throughout our stay. Similarly, dirty room service dishes sat in the halls most of the day. Another service that was important for our stay was the sports shuttle. However, it got a flat tire on Fri. night and sat in front of the hotel the entire weekend.

We did receive a complimentary in-room movie when we were placed in a smoking rather than non-smoking room (blamed on priceline) on Friday night, but other than that, we saw no effort from the staff to keep the hotel running smoothly.

I am not picky. Most travelers would probably be disappointed with the Sheraton City Center.

Labor Day Weekend

My husband and I just got back from Labor Day getaway. Stayed there when it first opened in 2002 (I believe?) and were a little disappointed this time. Small things do count.

First and most important to us is the bed that we loved so much that we bought one for our home. The one in this room had seen better days. Had a bit of sagging and pillowtop was worn down, but was overall we had a good night sleep. Pillows were wonderful. Housekeeping was a little off as on arrival we found LEFTOVERS in the fridge (yuck!) and a bed our 4 year old granddaughter could have made up (bedskirts sideways and dragging on the floor and bed cover just thrown on, mattess not sitting square on the box springs). Chairs had a few stains on them, looked like spilled White-out. The room and bath were otherwise clean.

Jacques was closed on all day Sunday and Monday night when we went down for a burger. Had to go down street to Union Station. Breakfast at Bistro 14 was good but a little pricey. In fairness all buffets downtown are pricey unless you book @ Drury which includes that.

Front desk was great with info if this is your first time visiting. Beautiful lobby and elevators always available. Rode Amtrak in so can't comment on parking.

Across the street is Metrolink and buses. Down 1 1/2 block is Amtrak station. Great overall location!

Would definitely stay again, but needs some updating in the rooms. Four years is a long life on a hotel room regarding wear and tear.

Deserves a 4-star rating!

by TripAdvisor Member STLHoneymoon

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights on my honeymoon recently, and found it to be above and beyond what I was expecting based on previous reviews.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, and appears to be kept up to date very well. The location is great - across the street from the MetroLink and bus station, and also less than a block from the Savvis Center.

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodated our numerous requests quickly. When we arrived, we were given a room which looked out into the interior hotel atrium, so we had to keep our curtains closed the whole day. We requested a room with an exterior view, but the hotel was booked solid for the night. The next day we asked again and were promtply given a huge corner suite with a lovely outdoor view!

I agree with previous reviewers that housekeeping left dishes sit in the hallway for several days, however, we never had a problem with our actual room being very clean and the bed made well every day. Also, I really appreciate that the complimentary hair products are Pantene and not some smelly, herbal hotel brand like I've had at other hotels.

The pool and hot tub was very nice. We did not experience a towel problem as another reviewer had because prior to swimming, we had robes sent up to our room (for free) and wore them to & from the pool.

We did eat at Jacques one night. Nothing special - typical overpriced hotel food, but the waitstaff was very friendly. Room service was a prompt, positive experience as well.

The concierge staff is beyond friendly and greeted us each day as we left & returned to the hotel. Parking is convenient (attached to the hotel and uses the same elevators) and $11 per night - which is less than we found at most other hotels and self-parks in the area.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there if I'm ever in the area again. I used Hotwire to book the room, so I got a remarkable price as well!

The perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member rickenbockers

We Stayed at the Sheraton while in town for a concert at the Savvis Center. The Metro Link stop is mere steps from the Hotel so the cost of transportation from the airport was 1.75 each! If you have the option to upgrade-TAKE IT! We booked on-line and found a great rate on the Sheraton website. A few days before our visit an e-mail arrived offering us an upgrade to a suite on the Club floor for an extra 20.00 a night. Our Suite was awesome! The Hotel seemed to be fairly new and our Suite was perfectly clean and apponted nicely. The view is worth asking for from the suite levels. We especially enjoyed the breakfast and nightly appetizers and cocktails in the Club level (8th floor) lounge. Marvin, the lounge host, is a classic and made us feel welcome whether we were dressed for dinner or in our bathing suits. The pool area and excercise room are kept clean and they are both big enough to accomodate many guests at a time without feeling crowded.
If you are attending an event at the Savvis Center-this is really the most convenient Hotel and unless you have a fear of public transportation the Sheraton is, based on our experience a great choice for business traveler or tourist alike!

Sheraton Theft

by TripAdvisor Member searchfortheunique

Email Address: ----

Comments: I spent the weekend,checking in friday, feb. 17th, out sun.
feb. 19, 2006, at The Sheraton City Suites,on 14th street in St. Louis,
Mo. I accidently left in the hotel room, my husbands business laptop
which had invaluable information on our five restaurants on file in the
computer. When I realized a few hours later that my son had not taken it
to our car, I called the hotel and was told they had no idea where it
was. After spending half of the day talking to various people on the
phone and then sitting in the lobby there, talking to various people
face to face, I had to face the nightmare that it had been stolen, from
all the evidence I could acquire, by one of the housekeeping staff,who
will evidently face no sort of recriminations at all, (no Proof), while
I, as a paying guest and a SPG member, who has stayed at this hotel
several times as well as other starwood resorts all over the world, was
made to feel that it was my fault, the Hotel has no responsibility at
all to it's guests to make sure their property is safe and secure from
theft while on it's grounds and I even had one of the managers suggest
that, while he was sure I was a respectable person, that I could have
made up the fact that I left something there, so in no way would the
hotel be responsible, it was totally my responsibility to insure the
safety of my belongings. This definitely was not the proper thing to say
to an already very distraught guest who was beyond panicked at the loss
of valuable property. Suggesting that I was at fault, and even perhaps
dishonest, when I have had irreplaceable damage done to our business
unless I can get the information which was on that computer back, was
beyond outrageous. I have filed a police report, and will proceed to try
to prosecute, to see if there is even a slight chance that we can get
that laptop back with the important information stored on it, which was
the main reason I was in St. Louis was for my son to work on one of the
programs on it that my husband was having trouble with. I have traveled
extensively, including all over Asia, Mexico, etc., and even in thirld
world countries, I have never had anything stolen from me in a Hotel,
but The Sheraton City Suites in St. Louis MO. has proven that they can
not be trusted with their guests property, and I will be warning anyone
I know of this.