811 Spruce St, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63102, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 111% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Noisy, Poor Customer Service

If you’re looking for a quiet room – you might want to look elsewhere. I had an awful experience coupled with even worse customer service that has resulted in going out of my way (and for my employees) to avoid all Westin properties.

Despite the fact that I was sick and requested a quiet room, my room was located near several clubs with loud music and was a hundred or so yards away from a freeway interchange and rail line. Despite calls to the front desk and e-mails to Westin corporate nothing was done during my stay. Then following four sleepless nights and further complaints, Westin/Starwood finally informed me that the property is noisy by the very nature of its location and that the noise was outside their control and did nothing more. It is interesting that other Westin properties, including New York Times Square, have sound abatement. It is disappointing that I can no longer trust this brand.

While I could go blow-by-blow of by far the worst customer service I have experienced in years, I’m not sure this would serve a purpose to those who use this site. However, the following are excerpts from e-mail responses from the Westin St. Louis and Westin/Starwood corporate that further validate the issues with noise at this property.

“Our favorable location next to the ball park definitely has its draw backs. The ball park provides an excellent view from some of our rooms and an easy walk to the games but also comes with excited fans as well as neighboring restaurants and bars.” Oct. 17, 2009 e-mail from Sarah Peplowski, front desk manager.

“Since the noise was from an outside source, it is beyond the hotels control.” Oct. 18, 2009 e-mail from Stephanie Ryan, Specialist, E-Communications Department, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

A Great Westin

We went to see the Rolling Stones in concert a couple of months ago and reserved a room at the Westin. What a wonderful place. The room was HUGE! The bathroom was beautiful with marble floors and beautifully decorated walls. The shower and tub were the best parts. With a seperate deep tub and large glass and marble shower, it was luxurey at its best. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, so I have a couple for you of the rooms and other areas of the hotel.

So, if you have the chance to stay downtown, I strongly suggest the Westin. From the time you walk into the lobby to the time you rest your head on the Heavely pillows, you will love it.

Unique Quality: This hotel use to be an old warehouse, so the corridores are very unique with large columns and walk ways that slope. The decor is very modern, but comfortable.

They do have a restaurant/bar & grill. However, if it is busy, the service is not the best.

Directions: Downtown St. Louis

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

A building renovated ..

An exterior view of the Westin. Cupples Station was a complex of 10 warehouses associated with a freightyard. It has been renovated with the help of the city. The hotel occupies 4 of the former warehouses.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Recycling is GOOD!

The Westin folks purchased and renovated a historic building into a very modern hotel with an Asian feel. The rooms were refreshingly spare and comfortable at the same time!
    Our room was paid for by the bride & groom -- otherwise it would have been "Hampton Inn Time"!!

Directions: Next to Busch Stadium

More about Westin St. Louis

#1 Hotel in St. Louis....??????Don't think so!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member buzzsau

Just got back from a one night stay at the Westin St. Louis. Doorman was not especially friendly. Thought maybe it was just him but pretty much everyone that worked at this Westin didn't have a very friendly attitude. Room was nice but there were hairs in the bed which pretty much ruins it for me. As for their Heavenly Bed, what a joke. I don't know what other people sleep on but it wasn't Heavenly. Ordered room service...pizza marguerita and greek salad. Pizza looked pretty decent but the whole bottom of the pizza was totally black. We ended up just scraping off the toppings, it was that burnt. We were in a "club level room" which included appetizers and drinks that evening. Shrimp was overly fried or toasted, in other words....burnt. The next morning, we had a continental breakfast which was free because of our "club level room" and they had a poor man's version of eggs benedict which included, you guessed it.....another burnt item. The english muffin was pretty blackened and had a small piece of canadian bacon and a scoop of scrambled eggs with no hollandaise sauce. My husband and I were not at all impressed with the Westin. We have stayed at Ritz-Carlton and their staff is much more accommodating and the "club level" actually means something. Ritz-Carlton is much nicer and would definitely pick it over the Westin.

the westin rocks

by TripAdvisor Member Dante

This is a great hotel. the staff was helpful, my baby got a gift package when we checked in, the room service food was good, our room was very nice. If you are visiting St. Louis, this is a great place to hang your hat.

Fantastic Staff Makes This a Gem.

Wow! I travel to St. Louis often but had never stayed at the Westin -- I have found a new home. The hotel is in a wonderful old building but the decor is bright and modern. Rooms are huge, and the bathroom seems as big as some other hotel rooms. The best thing about the Westin is the staff -- friendly and attentive, from valet to room service and everything in between. The location is great -- adjacent to Busch Stadium and a Metro stop. I can't say enough nice things about the Westin, and I can't wait to go back!

First Rate

Being a native of St. Louis, I thought I had seen all it has to offer. I returned to St. Louis for a conference. I was scheduled to stay at another hotel, but they gave my room away and put me up at the Westin. Needless to say, I was not happy, dragging my luggage around at 11:30 p.m...going to another hotel. When I arrived at the Westin, from the moment the valet took my car, he said "don't worry, we'll take care of you. You're at the best hotel in St. Louis." Check-in was a breeze, and when I entered my room, I knew I was going first class. The room was very beautiful, very trendy. The bathroom was to die for. Room service was outstanding. I was so impressed, my husband and I are planning a weekend getaway to the Westin.

Outstanding Choice

Decided to hit St. Louis for an anniversary getaway. This hotel was an outstanding choice. The decor was modern but not too over the top. The rooms were very comfortable and gi-normis. The bathrooms had glass showers and big tubs. Overall the hotel was swanky.
Location of the hotel was legendary being downtown and across the street from Busch Staduim and the Metro. Also, there was easy access to the Interstate. We had no trouble getting to Forest Park and The Hill for dinner (highly recommend Grazziano's).
I ordered the Spa Package through ExploreStLouis.com and it was a good deal. The spa was very fresh and accommodating. There was a mix-up at the front desk on our package so they gave us a key to the 'Executive Lounge.' The Lounge included all the beverages and snacks you can handle along with a flat screen HDTV and some posh furniture. I would definitely recommend tyring to get a key to this amenity.
We would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat.

Don't Need an Alarm Clock

We booked at the Westin to get time away for our anniversary and take advantage of concerts and other fun festivities in downtown St. Louis. We had a great time downtown, the hotel was beautiful and the room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was great for breakfast. Our main complaint was the construction noise at 5:30 a.m. on a Sunday! The hotel is right next to the new baseball stadium under construction and they were jack-hammering at the crack of dawn. Very, very frustrating and disappointing.

Another Hotel Bearby Hyat t Regency

by mnasser

I'll be in St. Louis for the International Conferences for Business Incubation April 29-May 4 and since i've never been to St. Louis before I have no idea what hotels will be close to where I have to be. I'm looking for a clean and nice motel/hotel that's near the Hyatt Regency on One St Louis Union Station. I would extremely really appreciate the help and guide.. Thanks

RE: Another Hotel Bearby Hyat t Regency

by vanderlust

The Hyatt is the only hotel in Union Station.
The closest hotel to Union Station is the Drury Inn, I have not stayed there so I can't really give it a recomendation although from the outside it looks fine.
Drury Inn
201 South 20th Street
314-231-3900 or 1-800-325-0481

There is the new Sheraton,(about three blocks walk from the Union Station Parking lot
Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
400 South 14th Street
314-231-5007
The next closest I would recommend is the Westin,
811 Spruce Street
314-621-2000
Here is a URL that might help further

RE: Another Hotel Bearby Hyat t Regency

by vanderlust

The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel (at least from the outside) If I had a chance to stay in the area and could pick from the local hotels I would try the Hyatt.

RE: RE: Another Hotel Bearby Hyat t Regency

by mnasser

Thanks a million and will look that up

Comments