Wyndham Roberts Mayfair - A Historic Hotel Saint Louis

Tags

Historical Travel Family Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
WBeall's Profile Photo

Historic and in a great location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 19, 2013

My Mother and I decided to take a trip to Saint Louis for the night. She booked us a room with a special called Girls night out which was suppose to include Wine, cheese and crackers. When we arrived to the hotel they gave us are room right away and did not bring us our wine till late in the evening and NEVER brought us our food. :( We wanted to walk the city so we gave up and headed off towards the casino. The Room was nice but the bathroom door would not close and there were a few things that showed its age. When my mom was checking out the front desk lady asked how the room was and my mom explained all the problems and told her we never got our cheese and crackers. (Not complaining but just letting them know) A Couple weeks down the road my mom got an email with a complementary stay at that hotel for the trouble. Way to go Wyndham!

Unique Quality: The room was a two part room, one had the beds and bathroom and then there were two french doors leading into a living area! The room was very large and very comfortable!

Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 23, 2009

Mayfair Wyndham was a great place. My room had 2 rooms--one with 2 big comfortable beds and another with a couch and chair. Both rooms had big tvs on the wall. Bathroom had a heater in it you could turn on when you were taking a shower. All the usual stuff you would want in the room.

Location was right downtown, kinda dead after 8pm or so, but that was ok. Coouple blocks from subway line, 1 from football stadium, 5 or so from the baseball field, 4 from arch.

I got it over priceline and with tax it came to $71.

Really Great Place to Stay in Downtown St. Louie

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 15, 2006

I've stayed at this place several times and highly recommend it. Its a really good value. You just need to know what you're getting into. This is a very old, historic hotel. It has been well maintained and is clean and nice. But it will strike you as being very old. My first impression of my room was that I had walked onto the set of a Doris Day movie. But when I realized that all the "old" furniture was actually new furniture that was just intended to appear as if it were from an earlier time period, I had a whole new appreciation for the hotel.

The rooms (suites actually) are all huge. There is a separate living room area with a full size sofa, coffee table, and a few miscellaneous chairs, a desk and bar, that is separated from the bedroom and bathroom by two large doors. Its nice that you can actually have visitors to your room without them being able to see into the bedroom area etc.

Room service is awesome and the food is good. I've stayed in this hotel for both business and pleasure and doubt that I'll stay anywhere else in St. Louis in the future.

Unique Quality: I know there is a swimming pool on the roof. In fact, it is my understanding that this was the first hotel west of the Mississippi river to have such a rooftop pool. Likewise, this was the first hotel west of the Mississippi to have a 5 star rated restaurant and to have air conditioning. Thats my understanding anyway.

Ellenore Roosevelt, Cary Grant, Hary Truman, all stayed here.

Fairly short walk to the St. Louis Arch and only a few tram stops from Union Station.

Directions: Downtown

Classic

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 28, 2005

The Mayfair was a little hard to find....it's down town on 8th Street and St. Charles Road. Once we got there it was worth the extra 10 minutes it took to find it.

Unique Quality: It's very classic.....has a great elegance to it. The rooms are nice, very roomy. The only negative thing I'd say are that the pillows are small and not firm.

Directions: Down Town

rmdw's Profile Photo

Great accommodations in historic St. Louis!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 20, 2003

The Mayfair is a fabulous hotel in downtown St. Louis. Like all Wyndham hotels, it offers 3 to 4 star quality at a 2 to 3 star price.

If you haven't yet signed up for Wyndham's "ByRequest" program then you really should. It's absolutely free but gives you so many perks:
- Free local and long distance calls
- Free high-speed Internet
- Speedy check-in
- Often free snacks

Unique Quality: The Mayfair has a rich history and has entertained many celebrities. While the rooms are completely modern the ambience is definitely of a bygone era.

Directions: Exit 40A off of I-64 West
Head straight down 9th Street (North)
The hotel will be on the right at St. Charles but it's a one-way street in the opposite direction so you'll have to go one block further in order to pull up in front of the hotel.

Nearby Wyndham Roberts Mayfair - A Historic Hotel Saint Louis

Wyndham Roberts Mayfair - A Historic Hotel Saint Louis

• The Mayfair Hotel St Louis
  • Wyndham Saint Louis
  • Saint Louis Wyndham
  • Wyndham Roberts Mayfair

Address: 806 Saint Charles St, (formerly The Mayfair), Saint Louis, Missouri, 63101, United States

3 Photos of Wyndham Roberts Mayfair - A Historic Hotel Saint Louis

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saint Louis Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Louis, Missouri? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Louis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Louis hotel reviews